Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
The Reiver's Wedding - Poem by Sir Walter Scott
O will ye hear a mirthful bourd?
Or will ye hear of courtesie?
Or will ye hear how a gallant lord
Was wedded to a gay ladye?
'Ca' out the kye,' quo' the village herd,
As he stood on the knowe,
'Ca' this ane's nine and that ane's ten,
And bauld Lord William's cow.'-
'I swear by the light of the Michaelmas moon,
And the might of Mary high,
And by the edge of my braidsword brown.
They shall soon say Harden's kye.'
He took a bugle frae his side,
With names carved o'er and o'er -
Full many a chief of meikle pride
That Border bugle bore-
He blew a note baith sharp and hie,
Till rock and water rang around-
Three score of moss-troopers and three
Have mounted at that bugle sound.
The Michaelmas moon had enter'd then,
And ere she wan the full,
Ye might see by her light in Harden glen
A bow o' kye and a bassen'd bull.
And loud and loud in Harden tower
The quaigh gaed round wi' meikle glee;
For the English beef was brought in bower
And the English ale flow'd merrilie.
And mony a guest from Teviotside
And Yarrow's Braes was there;
Was never a lord in Scotland wide
That made more dainty fare.
They ate, they laugh'd, they sang and quaff'd,
Till nought on board was seen,
When knight and squire were boune to dine,
But a spur of silver sheen.
Lord William has ta'en his berry brown steed-
A sore shent man was he;
'Wait he, my guests, a little speed-
Weel feasted ye shall be.'
He rode him down by Falsehope burn,
His cousin dear to see,
With him to take a riding turn-
Wat-draw-the-sword was he.
And when he came to Falsehope glen,
Beneath the trysting-tree,
On the smooth green was carved plain,
'To Lochwood bound are we.'
'O if they be gane to dark Lochwood
To drive the Warden's gear,
Betwixt our names, I ween, there's feud;
I'll go and have my share:
'For little reck I for Johnstone's feud,
The Warden though he be.'
So Lord William is away to dark Lochwood,
With riders barely three.
The Warden's daughters in Lochwood sate,
Were all both fair and gay,
All save the Lady Margaret,
And she was wan and wae.
The sister, Jean, had a full fair skin,
And Grace was bauld and braw;
But the leal-fast heart her breast within
It weel was worth them a'.
Her father's pranked her sisters twa
With meikle joy and pride;
But Margaret maun seek Dundrennan's wa'-
She ne'er can be a bride.
On spear and casque by gallants gent
Her sisters' scarfs were borne,
But never at tilt or tournament
Were Margaret's colours worn.
Her sisters rode to Thirlstane bower,
But she was left at hame
To wander round the gloomy tower,
And sigh young Harden's name.
'Of all the knights, the knight most fair,
From Yarrow to the Tyne,'
Soft sigh'd the maid, 'is Harden's heir,
But ne'er can he be mine;
'Of all the maids, the foulest maid
From Teviot to the Dee,
Ah!' sighing sad, that lady said,
'Can ne'er young Harden's be.'-
She looked up the briery glen,
And up the mossy brae,
And she saw a score of her father's men
Yclad in the Johnstone grey.
O fast and fast they downwards sped
The moss and briers among,
And in the midst the troopers led
A shackled knight along.
Comments about The Reiver's Wedding by Sir Walter Scott
Poems About Wedding
- 51. The Reiver's Wedding , Sir Walter Scott
- 52. Sounds Of Wedding Bells , Sylvia Chidi
- 53. Politically Incorrect Poem 6, Or, Jolie .. , Michael Shepherd
- 54. To Love And A Wedding , Matthew Holloway
- 55. Once Upon A Wedding Day , Joseph T. Renaldi
- 56. Crying In Your Wedding Dress , B.. Alexander
- 57. 0093the Soul's Wedding Chamber , Michael Shepherd
- 58. Sisters's Wedding Poem From Your Little .. , Candy Simpson
- 59. There Falls With Every Wedding Chime , Walter Savage Landor
- 60. Jackal's Wedding , Sadiqullah Khan
- 61. He Broke His Wedding Ring , Mary Nagy
- 62. Lord Tells You On Your Wedding Day..... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 63. Romeo And Juliet's Wedding Vows , Robert Rorabeck
- 64. Our Wedding Bells , Sherif Monem
- 65. The Wedding Party , Marilyn Lott
- 66. Wedding Poem , Charlotte L. Ashberger
- 67. Our 36th Wedding Anniversary , nimal dunuhinga
- 68. The Wedding Band , Forough Farrokhzad
- 69. *625 A Wedding Blessing , John Knight
- 70. A Wedding , Otteri Selvakumar
- 71. ^ The Wedding Of Mardi Gras And Pantomime , Emancipation Planz
- 72. Wedding Bells Are Ringing , David Harris
- 73. The Big Fat Wedding , Sandra Martyres
- 74. On The Wedding Of The Aeronaut , Ambrose Bierce
- 75. After The Golden Wedding (Three Soliloqu.. , James Kenneth Stephen
- 76. The Wedding , Mal Foster
- 77. :) Love Poem For A Wedding - (1976 Chap.. , Bill Grace
- 78. My Wedding Day , Lesa MRK
- 79. The Wedding Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 80. Wedding Anniversary , Alison Smith
- 81. My Loves Wedding , Kranthi Pothineni
- 82. Wedding Dance , MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
- 83. Grandma's Wedding Shoes , Ravi Kopra
- 84. Halloween Wedding , JAMES ROBERTS
- 85. Wedding Bells , David Harris
- 86. The Song Of Hiawatha Xi: Hiawatha's Wedd.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 87. To My Sister On Her Wedding Day , Nicole Arishenkoff
- 88. Wedding , ALEX BROWN
- 89. 'A Jinxed Wedding Ring' , Michael Micmac Mccrory
- 90. Wedding (Haiku) , Jim Norausky
- 91. Wedding Vows Of A Husband , louis rams
- 92. Wedding Vows Of A Wife , louis rams
- 93. Our 1000th Wedding! , Dónall Dempsey
- 94. The Wedding Ring , Sonny Rainshine
- 95. The Wedding Trees , Julia Ann Holliday
- 96. Wedding Day! , Willis Martyn
- 97. Diamond Wedding , Joyce Hemsley
- 98. Post Wedding , Satheesan Rangorath
- 99. Wedding: A Haiku , Jim Milks
- 100. To My Son On His Wedding Day , Agim Bacelli
New Wedding Poems
- Wedding And Marriage - A Roundel, Dr. Ram Mehta
- Wedding, The Preface Of Marriage - A Ron.., Dr. Ram Mehta
- Wedding, A Special Event Of Marriage - A.., Dr. Ram Mehta
- Tomb of Baudelaire, Michael Palmer
- On the Sadness of Wedding Dresses, James Galvin
- Family - The Wedding Photo Of 1951, Paul Warren
- Wife's Wedding Dress, Randy McClave
- Polly And Paul, Joy Thacker
- Lyndsay's Wedding Dream, Randy McClave
- The End Of The Grange, David Lewis Paget
- carpe diem