Biography of Prabha Zacharias
A poet, cartoonist, translator, Calvin and Hobbes fan and an aspiring bibliophile. She thinks that using disposable cutlery is a crime. She believes in creating art from the mundane and commonplace and considers recycling as her life's mission. She lives in Delhi with her husband and son.
Prabha Zacharias's Works:
• Translating 'Madame Bovary' by Gustav Flaubert for Malayala Manorama Books and ‘Censoring an Iranian Love Story’ by Shahriar Mandanipour to Malayalam for DC Books, Kottayam, Kerala.(Forthcoming) .
• Translated ‘The Last Reader’ by David Toscana and ‘Spring Flowers Spring Frost’ by Ismail Kadare from English to Malayalam for DC Books, Kottayam, Kerala (Forthcoming) .
• Translated ‘Nine Lives: In Search of the Sacred in Modern India’ by William Dalrymple from English to Malayalam for Mathrubhumi Books, Kozhikode, Kerala. (October 2011)
• Translated ‘Frida’s Bed’ by Slavenka Drakulik from English to Malayalam. Published by DC Books, Kottayam, Kerala, October 2010.
• Translated ‘Sula’ by Toni Morrison from English to Malayalam, Printed and Published by DC Books, Kottayam, Kerala, November 2009.
• Translated Badusha Enna Kaalnadakkaaran (Malayalam short story by R. Unni) to English for Media Voice Magazine, Chennai, November 2010.
• Translated 'Amazon' (Malayalam short story by Ashokan Cheruvil) to English for Media Voice Magazine, Chennai, April 2011.
• Poem in South Asian Ensemble: A Canadian Quarterly of Arts Literature and Culture. (Forthcoming)
• Poem published in Madhyamam (Malayalam weekly literary and cultural magazine, June 2011)
• Poem published in Nalamidam (An anthology of Blog poems in Malayalam, edited by K Satchidanandan) , DC Books, Kottayam, December 2010.
• Poem published in Sahithya Lokam (Journal of Kerala Sahitya Akademy, Thrissur, May-June 2005.
• Poem published in Kerala Kavitha 2007: Ayyappa Paniker Smaranika, January 2007.
• Poem published in Janayugam Magazine (Onam Special Issue) 2009.