Satish Verma Poems
- Loss Of Identity It was chillingly true. You walked out─ of...
- Pantheon After the moon it was an unkempt night. I ...
- Waist-High Sunk When you release the words, your curled ...
- Some Questions The black holes ringed the galaxy. Tainted ...
- Intense Poetry Breaking the path by random steps, you move,...
- Aconite Polarity hits you at face, Thoughts. Move inversely....
- Integers When you were learning how to kill, somebody was ...
Satish Verma is ferociously original. You feel resentment, outrage and violence, cannot pin it down but wonderfully spin your brain. Satish has the greatest sensibility which sweetly exploits the delicacies of human conflicts. You are taken aback. This is magic, profoundly soulful. In a lone, long journey Satish Verma is still discovering himself. Beaten, betrayed, felled, he comes back with fierce velocity. His childhood was traumatized by India’s partition. Terror, violence and death were witnessed which built the morals of poet. Becoming defiantly recluse Satish Verma pursued his value based life on the path of truth. Teaching Botany for 35 years he was writing poetry, privately and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Loss Of Identity
It was chillingly true.
You walked out─
of the soot, without
leaving any footprints.
There were some very
hard questions. Why─
did you snap,
while sparrows were mating?
Carnage. The roses
were burning inside. The
red cherries shriek and
run for the amnesty.
On the terrace, the yellow
moon descends for a─
word. Why the nukes were
pointed towards the spiders?