Suzette Richards Poems
- Stolen Moments Your key does not fit the door. We cannot ...
- Ubuntu success is within our grasp the fear of failure ...
- Sand Castles Building sandcastles on the beach, they remain...
- When The Final Bell Tolls Where once the vainglorious hunter ...
- Golden Autumn The soft sunlight bathes the last of the ...
- Where The Moment Lies the point where the sea meets sky is...
- The Fairest Cape The mild Cape Town winter weather triggers...
I am a retired and first lived in the scenic town of Somerset West, South Africa. One of my favourite activities was to take a leisurely stroll on the beach near my property. Seeing dolphins leaping in the surf had inspired me to pen my first poem, Water Dance, in May 2011. This is, also, the title of my semi-autobiography.
In December 2013, I made the Greater Karoo my new home and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Your key does not fit the door.
We cannot meet anymore.
I have tried to say 'Goodbye',
but you will be the one to try
and keep this pledge as before.
The champagne stood chilled,
ready for our glasses to be filled.
The lights are turned down low
and the music playing is very slow.
This last meeting by me willed.
The coded knock on the door
signalled me to quickly pour
the glasses to half measure.
I let in my life's treasure.
Your presence fills my very core.
Our bodies hungrily entwine
fuelled by the ample wine.
Passions are ...