Talmadge Beavan Poems
- Oppression I have searched for love, Only to find ...
- Evening Primrose Oil In wait for her he lay, The snake, ...
- When The Chips Are Down When the chips are down, We all ...
- Recollections One remembers the days gone past, When ...
- Lament Des Herzes Mein armes kaputtes Herz, Liegt voll mit ...
- The Eve Of Pain Like an old red on a warm summer's eve, this ...
- Remeniscing As one thinks of a distant darling, In the ...
I love to write about all kinds of things, but most of my poems are about relationships or spiritual matters. I am really a scientist who gained a love of literature later in life. I like to express quite complicated ideas in a few lines. A poem often expresses as much as a book. I have studied foreign languages and I gained my certificate in English as far back as 1987. I was never much good at ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Talmadge Beavan
I have searched for love,
Only to find hatred.
I searched for acceptance,
Only to find prejudice.
I searched for peace,
Only to find war,
I searched for freedom,
Only to be sentenced,
I looked for shelter,
But only found an open wintery sky.
I searched for water,
But nothing could quench my thirst.
The lord beckoned me,
From his throne on high.
They treated you with hatred,
But bath in my love.
They treated you with prejudice,
But my son I accept you.
They brought you war,
But I shall give you peace.
They imprisoned you, ...