van wood Poems
- The Way I Am Copyright © 1975 Van Wood Lord, why am I ...
- My Name Is Matthew Copyright (c) 2005 Van Wood
- Today Copyright (c) 2010 Van Wood
- The Ship Of Memory Copyright © 1998 Van Wood There’s a ...
- What Did He Ever Do Copyright © 2009 Van Wood What did He ...
- Before The Cross Copyright © 2002 Van Wood No loss, no ...
- The Wedding Photo Copyright (c) 2004 Van Wood There is a ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about van wood
The Way I Am
Copyright © 1975 Van Wood
Lord, why am I short? Why couldn’t you have made me just a little taller?
And then, everyone wouldn’t notice me.
As it is…whenever I am bumped into by someone in the hall,
I know what they’re thinking and they know what I’m thinking.
Only I’m not! I really do like me this way.
I probably would be top heavy or even proud if I were like others.
As it is…I fit in with the crowd pretty well.
The people who know me like me the way I am.
It’s been a long time since my friends in class made me cry.
I guess maybe I’m growing ...