Z H Khan
Z H Khan Poems
- Victory Never mind you’re full of shrapnel, Ignore the ...
- Fajr In Fear There is a nagging gnawing on the inside of my ...
- Why I Should Love Something As...
- Nablus Now In Auschwitz it dripped In Nablus now it ...
- From The Homely Brother I want you too much to take you And ...
- Rubaiyaat Xvii
- Insha'Allah A heart so torn will bleed, and bleeding so ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Fajr In Fear
There is a nagging gnawing on the inside of my self
It’s the feeling of my body giving up before its time.
In the quiet twilight hours between one prayer and another
Once I prayed for health
Now I pray for peace.
There is a writhing moaning in the deepness of my heart
It’s the devil down within me that wants me to complain.
But I have built a fortress with the patience of my faith
And I will shelter there
However harsh the pain.
There is a desperate longing in the reach of my embrace
For life and love and happiness and gentle many years
But I shall ...