Z H Khan
Z H Khan Poems
- Why I Should Love Something As...
- Victory Never mind you’re full of shrapnel, Ignore the ...
- Fajr In Fear There is a nagging gnawing on the inside of my ...
- Nablus Now In Auschwitz it dripped In Nablus now it ...
- From The Homely Brother I want you too much to take you And ...
- Rubaiyaat Xvii
- Insha'Allah A heart so torn will bleed, and bleeding so ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Why I Should Love Something As Worthless As You
You came to me (an ocean tide
carried you to where I lay)
My heart, two shells, they opened up
To tuck you deep away.
And if you say (I disagree)
As base as sand and nothing more
Is simply all you'll ever be
Then sand I shall adore.
A grain of sand sought rest in me
(my heart, my soul, my pleasure)
and bit by bit a pearl becomes
And you- my greatest treasure.