Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Cecilia Nicoletti (2/26/2008 11:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

La poetisa uruguaya MAgdalena Ferreiro, te puede enseñar tecnicas linguisticas y poeticas y succuonar penes circuncidados para poder editar libritos de cuarta.

Uruguayan Poetress Magdalena Ferreiro teaches how to use your tongue on poetry and circuncidated pennis, just in case you re thinkng to be published.
    Uruguayan whore for export! ! ! Contact her!

Replies for this message:
    • Meg H (4/11/2008 10:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Here's a funny story that may make you laugh at my expense. I read the first paragraph (I speak some spanish) and I found myself struggling with some of the words. Well, when I was finally finished w ... more

• Tracker Ogryphon (2/24/2008 12:52:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I will check out your poem. I have also posted more of my five hundred poems.Thanks
    Tracker

• Dmitriy Kokarev (2/23/2008 3:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Im a new member here and so would really like to get to know everyone better, but the reason Im posting this here now is because i have posted a new poem entitled 'The Queen' i would really appreciate if you check it out and let me know what you think of it and also the poem 'Goodmorning Sun'
    Thank you all in advance...
    Take Care

• Tracker Ogryphon (2/28/2008 1:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Just in case there are mwembers out there that have not heard about this. It is called the poor mans copyright. In case you cant afford the archived copyright. 1.Copy all of your poetry on CD or Pr ... more

• Aaron Tate (2/19/2008 9:04:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Okay this weeks people...

GreenWolfe 1962
    Sylvia Chidi
    Blanche Hardin
    :)

• Aaron Tate (2/19/2008 8:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies Stage

A Fun New Idea..
    Well I've came to a conclusion that most of the more experienced writers, do infact and indeed, read just as many poems as they post. This is good, it gives us all a decent amount of critque. I thought it would be more intresting if we got a good decent size group of atleast 100 people, to take some time on poemhunter and examine a specific 'active' member. Or probably 3-8. We could pick one, then everyone try to read as many poems of the person, and disect them to understand their meanings, and then give a comment of decentcy explaining your thoughts on it. To start it I'll name a poet. Please take time to read some poems and understand new meanins along with old ones. Thank YOu. Please promote this, and post a comment. Tell your friends about who the poet or poets is or are.. thank you all

THANKS A TON
    Aaron Tate

• MCKENZi : ] (2/18/2008 5:35:00 PM) Post reply Stage

HELP PLEASE! i have a new poem titled 'no title yet' it's a work in progress.
    it's not complete yet. you can send your advice in a message or comment.

[3

• Sreelekha Premjit (2/14/2008 3:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies Stage

how much of the poetry written is for the self ie how much weightage should be given to the opinion of others? how do i know how good my poems are?

• Meg H (4/11/2008 10:23:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'm not saying you should or should not do this (it's just a suggestion) but what I do is I write a poem down. Whatever comes to mind, I put it on paper. Then I wait a few days before I go back and r ... more

• Tracker Ogryphon (2/20/2008 3:31:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I believe that sufficiant reading of ones poetry does 'correct possible problems. It also allows for the poet to analyze their own work. I have recently joined and have posted eighty six of five hun ... more

• MCKENZi : ] (2/14/2008 7:48:00 PM) Post reply Stage

hello: ] why does it matter if people think it's good, its your work. so, who cares? we all like compliments; so look at the comments people give you..they sometimes give good advice to help better yo ... more

• I LOVE MY S.O.S! ! ! ALWAYS & 4 EVER..! ! .. (2/12/2008 8:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies Stage

i think i should write it more like a poem and not like a story.

• Coach Roth (2/23/2008 5:34:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Creating images and conveying emotion are most important however you write. Try reading some Bukowski to make you more comfortable with it(or my poem When You Jump From A Bridge which is mostly a pros ... more

• Goldy Locks (2/13/2008 12:17:00 AM) Post reply Stage

both: poem & prose, combined, if you so desire.

• Goldy Locks (2/13/2008 12:16:00 AM) Post reply Stage

write it however you feel & see fit.

• Corazon Pancho (2/11/2008 2:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

does confidence is really needed when presenting a poem that i made by myself?
    becasue i'm really shy of it... and i keep on hiding my poems...

• MCKENZi : ] (2/15/2008 9:38:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

good question. in my opinion, it's easier over the internet since most likely you'll never see these people in actual life. but if it's your work, you shouldnt be ashamed of it. i'm sure your poems ar ... more

• Goldy Locks (2/13/2008 12:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

confidence is critical, crucial, and completely contagious. So yes, it is needed - when presenting poems, attitudes, and expressions.

• Corazon Pancho (2/11/2008 2:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

what are the important things to do if you will write a poem?

• Michelle Evans (2/19/2008 6:31:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I think it's always useful to have a rythmn; probably a simple one unless you're really confident in writing otherwise it can go from poetry to a flowless mess.

• MCKENZi : ] (2/11/2008 7:28:00 PM) Post reply Stage

i think most of the time it sounds better if they rhyme, but it doesn't always have to. also, it needs to make sense. i read other people's poems to get ideas. just never copy, make it yours.: ] good ... more

[Hata Bildir]