Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie - 401 Points Paul Butters (9/21/2008 6:50:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Looking at young Becker's poems reminds me what a struggle poetry writing was at first. Recall making myself write in iambics, which I sometimes still do. More and more I compose line by line, using Shorter lines for emphasis etc., and just get freer and freer. Am relieved to hear folk LIKE the 'content' of my verses and are not phased by all this 'freedom' of form. Have written a lot of 'religious' stuff recently but may well turn my attention more to space, both 'outer' and 'inner', from now on. Inner emotions especially.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 401 Points Tulsi Hanumanthu (9/25/2008 4:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

POESY'S PARENTS (A Tanka) CONTENT can't conceive POETRY all by herself, Being a maiden. She therefore must marry FORM To beget POEM offspring

• Rookie Tj Becker (9/19/2008 8:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm very new to this site. I take my poetry seriously and would really love for you to read and give me brutal feedback. I have 4 posted and would appreciate your help. I would be more then happy to return the favor. Thanks for your help.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Paul Butters (9/21/2008 6:36:00 AM) Post reply

Stand still while I flog you! Well you Did ask for 'brutal' feedback! Tee hee. Seriously though, you are indeed a very serious and intense poet. However, agree with those who warn against acting on ne ... more

• Rookie Aijaz Asif (9/18/2008 7:00:00 PM) Post reply

hello to all at first i want to thank you all fellow poets who read my poems and posted there precious comment.....dear fellow poets i have just posted my new poem 'How will I show you my face? ' and i'm requesting you all to read it and posr your precious comments, i'll be thankful for your kindness...
    regards
    aijaz asif

• Rookie Goldy Locks (9/18/2008 6:53:00 PM) Post reply

perfect timing

draining the last of the milk
    for the cats
    on the day that it sours.

• Rookie Anand Dixit (9/16/2008 8:28:00 AM) Post reply

Ladies & Gentlemen

I have joined this site quite recently. This is an excellent site, which has given me an opportunity to post my poetic insights. Bad language is an integral part of any language. But there is no scope for it in poems, however good it rhymes. Derogatory words aimed at another person/culture/community is not commendable and it clearly show the deterioration of poetic language.

• Rookie Bantu Ngcephe (9/14/2008 2:48:00 PM) Post reply

Hi everyone, my name is bantu i'm 16 years old.I'm new in this thing of poetry writing, i need tips on how to write a good poem, you can also rate my first poem that goes by the name of 'suicide' thanx

• Rookie Allan Macli Borges (9/14/2008 12:05:00 AM) Post reply

hi i'm new here, and i'm taking courage to post a poem, i'd like to recieve some poems. please send me something.

why a contest? poems mustn't fight one against to another. each one is a brick that buid up ourserves.

thanks.

• Rookie - 0 Points Mathew Lewis (9/12/2008 9:09:00 PM) Post reply

Hey all.
    I want to run an impromptu competition on this forum. I can't offer any formal prize other than the respect and recognition of your peers. Send any poem you'ld like to enter to my poemhunter email. No restrictions or anything. I'll choose what I think are the top 5 and them post them on here so we can all vote. Hope to get evryone interestes. Entries close 20September

• Rookie Goldy Locks (9/11/2008 11:59:00 PM) Post reply

reflect, don't wallow or dwell.

• Rookie - 3 Points Emily Oldham (9/10/2008 1:56:00 PM) Post reply

Hi! Can you please comment on my poems 'Hell' and 'Do you believe? ' please, because I'd like to know whether it is worth entering them in a competition?
    Comments on my other poems would be very helpful too! Thanks!
    Athena :)

[Hata Bildir]