Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie Goldy Locks (9/15/2007 9:43:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Jackson Pollack wrote: 'When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It's only after a sort of `get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about. I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own.'

• Rookie James Milks (8/30/2007 1:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It is funny somedays the writing is easy (and if I am lucky even good) other days the writing is hard and almost forced. Insperation can come from the most unusual places. one day I am driving down the highway (I drive a lottttttt of miles each day) and in the medium strip there is the rements of a stone wall, it gets me thinking. Sometimes a song comes on the radio and envokes a feeling and blam there is another idea. I think Stephen King said best ' You write because you have to, your mind would explode if you didn't'

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Paul Butters (4/20/2008 8:36:00 AM) Post reply

I agree, even if it's taken ages for me to find this entry of yours! Stephen King was right too. Don't explode, keep writing! Paul.

• Rookie Sasha Blume (8/28/2007 9:32:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, if you are like me, then you probably enjoy poetry more than anything. I'm 14 years old, i live in Peru and english is my second lenguage. I've always loved poetry specialy free verse. About 3 years ago i started writing some, mainly in spanish, but i have some in english too. I will totaly appreciate if you could give me some advices and comments to my poems... Poetry is my pasion as phicics was for Newton..

Take care!

• Rookie Martha J. Eshelman-Smith (8/22/2007 2:34:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for new poetry forms - either recent inventions or forms from other languages. Suggestions?

• Rookie Stug Jordan (8/22/2007 7:48:00 AM) Post reply

An interesting form I came across a year or so ago is the Terzanelle. It's a cross between the Terza Rima and the Villanelle; and is one of the most recent hybrid forms I know of, though it's probably ... more

• Rookie Blue angel Florida (8/18/2007 6:40:00 AM) Post reply

Write from the heart, let it flow without critic, express yourself, and then, if you feel like, brush it :)

• Rookie Mad Scroach (8/17/2007 8:09:00 PM) Post reply

Hello poemhunters!

Here is a link to my manuscript A Rare Dance Won With 8 Guineas:

slowdancingsleepwalker.googlepages.com/araredancewonwith8guineas

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Take care,

Mad Scroach

• Rookie Sakthi Ravichandran (8/14/2007 12:40:00 AM) Post reply

YES
    SO FAR I HAVE WRITTEN MORE THAN 120 POEMS AND POSTED IN MANY SITES.ALL OF THEM ARE IN FREE VERSE.
    DUE TO ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE AND LESSER AFFINITY WITH THIS LANGUAGE
    MOST OF MY EFFORTS GONE IN VEIN
    WHAT WILL I HAVE TO DO TO ACQUIRE MORE NUMBER OF READERS

• Rookie Tired of Being Exploited (8/8/2007 5:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello poem writing friends! I am currently writing a rather large experimental set of poems, the second of which is called [DENSITY]. I am requesting your readership on it and I want your gut reaction of emotion added as a comment. No it is not classical, it is pure raw energy stream of consciousness prose designed to evoke a sensation from the reader. I need to know how it affects YOU. I can take the abuse if you feel the need to lambaste the work, just please leave something... Thanks!

• Rookie Mary Tessy (8/30/2007 12:41:00 PM) Post reply

saw your peom and i was very happy. please how do i write my own peom thanks and God bless

• Rookie ... Dog God 8hate (8/18/2007 10:18:00 PM) Post reply

Jack, I've posted a message on the other page with poems. And, the inherent cryptic invasion imbues one's mind with, well...with...?

• Rookie Barlot . (8/7/2007 9:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I one day hope to be published on a site where there aren't popups when I'm trying to write. If anyone has tips on how to do that, I would be truly impressed.

• Rookie Random Crap (8/23/2007 9:51:00 AM) Post reply

Try the site - www.postpoems.com Theres no comments but you dont get as much feedback as on this site. All the best x-x-x

• Rookie Richard A. Davis SR. (8/11/2007 2:45:00 AM) Post reply

Carry a stick and pretend your playing wack-a-mole. They never end, but at least you'll have fun, and work out pent up agression too- it's win-win.

• Rookie Walter Durk (8/7/2007 6:26:00 PM) Post reply

Hello to all,

I have a number of pieces posted here that you may find of interest. I do not write traditional or formalist poetry, although I enjoy reading some of it.
    My writing is a free-flowing expression, not particularly bound by conventions, and is relatively uncomplicated. If you like, let me know what you think.

[Hata Bildir]