Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie Martha J. Eshelman-Smith (8/22/2007 2:34:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I'm looking for new poetry forms - either recent inventions or forms from other languages. Suggestions?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Stug Jordan (8/22/2007 7:48:00 AM) Post reply

An interesting form I came across a year or so ago is the Terzanelle. It's a cross between the Terza Rima and the Villanelle; and is one of the most recent hybrid forms I know of, though it's probably ... more

• Rookie Blue angel Florida (8/18/2007 6:40:00 AM) Post reply

Write from the heart, let it flow without critic, express yourself, and then, if you feel like, brush it :)

• Rookie Mad Scroach (8/17/2007 8:09:00 PM) Post reply

Hello poemhunters!

Here is a link to my manuscript A Rare Dance Won With 8 Guineas:

slowdancingsleepwalker.googlepages.com/araredancewonwith8guineas

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Take care,

Mad Scroach

• Rookie Sakthi Ravichandran (8/14/2007 12:40:00 AM) Post reply

YES
    SO FAR I HAVE WRITTEN MORE THAN 120 POEMS AND POSTED IN MANY SITES.ALL OF THEM ARE IN FREE VERSE.
    DUE TO ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE AND LESSER AFFINITY WITH THIS LANGUAGE
    MOST OF MY EFFORTS GONE IN VEIN
    WHAT WILL I HAVE TO DO TO ACQUIRE MORE NUMBER OF READERS

• Rookie Tired of Being Exploited (8/8/2007 5:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello poem writing friends! I am currently writing a rather large experimental set of poems, the second of which is called [DENSITY]. I am requesting your readership on it and I want your gut reaction of emotion added as a comment. No it is not classical, it is pure raw energy stream of consciousness prose designed to evoke a sensation from the reader. I need to know how it affects YOU. I can take the abuse if you feel the need to lambaste the work, just please leave something... Thanks!

• Rookie Mary Tessy (8/30/2007 12:41:00 PM) Post reply

saw your peom and i was very happy. please how do i write my own peom thanks and God bless

• Rookie ... Dog God 8hate (8/18/2007 10:18:00 PM) Post reply

Jack, I've posted a message on the other page with poems. And, the inherent cryptic invasion imbues one's mind with, well...with...?

• Rookie Barlot . (8/7/2007 9:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I one day hope to be published on a site where there aren't popups when I'm trying to write. If anyone has tips on how to do that, I would be truly impressed.

• Rookie Random Crap (8/23/2007 9:51:00 AM) Post reply

Try the site - www.postpoems.com Theres no comments but you dont get as much feedback as on this site. All the best x-x-x

• Rookie Richard A. Davis SR. (8/11/2007 2:45:00 AM) Post reply

Carry a stick and pretend your playing wack-a-mole. They never end, but at least you'll have fun, and work out pent up agression too- it's win-win.

• Rookie Walter Durk (8/7/2007 6:26:00 PM) Post reply

Hello to all,

I have a number of pieces posted here that you may find of interest. I do not write traditional or formalist poetry, although I enjoy reading some of it.
    My writing is a free-flowing expression, not particularly bound by conventions, and is relatively uncomplicated. If you like, let me know what you think.

• Rookie Random Crap (7/29/2007 5:23:00 PM) Post reply

Always have writing equiptment with you. I've wrote some of my favourite stuff at the randomest times. Most are written in the middle of the night. Whenever you have any inspiration, just write. And never throw things away. You could always use it. Good luck in all your work, i would love some critique on my poems please!

• Rookie Pranjal Johri (7/29/2007 10:13:00 AM) Post reply

there are few more going to come in my profile soon so read n enjoy

• Rookie Pranjal Johri (7/29/2007 10:11:00 AM) Post reply

if some one writes a poetry he is not in the crowd. crowd in the sense he is different even if number of poets are large even then he is different there because every thinker thinks differently...............

[Hata Bildir]