Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Mathew Lewis (9/10/2006 11:38:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hey guys. Posted some new stuff the other day and would really really appreciate some feedback. Otherwise keep writing and remember this quote, (I forgot who said it though) 'Any good writer is like a second government in his/her country. For this reason no government has ever liked good writers.'

• Salir Airosa (9/9/2006 11:26:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hey, I'm new to PoemHunter, but I've been writing poetry ever since I was a little girl. I'd love some critical oppions, so I'd be much oblidged if you'd check my poems out and tell me what you think. Thanks!

~Salir Airosa

• Sheraly Espiritu (9/8/2006 11:41:00 PM) Post reply Stage

thanks to those people who give me advice about writing poems...

• Kev Elmer (9/6/2006 6:30:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Its been a while since I've posted any poems on here - so thought I would pop over and post a couple. Have a read and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

• Rafia Ragan (8/31/2006 1:38:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Just wondered if anyone could read some of my poems n tell me if any of them are any good! im not very good at knowing how well ive written! thanks, Rafia x-x-x-x

• Forgotten Me (8/29/2006 1:51:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Can anyone tell me why my poetry is so bad?

Replies for this message:
    • Mary X (9/6/2006 11:44:00 AM) Post reply Stage

You need to READ more poetry. Read read read, then write.

• Gavin Shaw (8/28/2006 6:40:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Hi everyone,
    I was hoping to have some of you read my poems or some of them and give me some feedback, I am more than happy to do the same for you
    Love Gavin

• Konjit Berhane (9/1/2006 7:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

HEY gAVIN if you read my poems you would know how well you write....and what a great poet you are and no matter what.... you are a poet on your own way... peace, love and freedom on earth ** ... more

• Kelly Gibbs (8/29/2006 12:19:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I really enjoy your poems. I don't think hold any negative comments towards the ones I read. Enlightening...

• Charles Leonhart (8/25/2006 3:06:00 AM) Post reply Stage

please read my new poet (SCAR) oblivious..
    thanks

• Dan Phillips (8/25/2006 2:13:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi everyone. I'm an aspiring lyricist, poet, and conductor, and I was hoping to get some criticism from people on some of my poems. I've only got three so far, so it's really not too big of a deal.

By the way, if any of you know of any good poems that are powerful, emotional, and with deep meaning that would translate well into a chorus song, please tell me. I've been trying desperately to find a suitable piece of poetry to write a new song with, and I haven't found anything yet that has struck me as especially powerful.

Thank you very much,

Dan

• Anthony Marriner (8/27/2006 9:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi Dan I wouldn't dream of pretending that I could compose or write lyrics for a song as you describe. However, to contribute to your search, have you consider the works of Byron? At first sight you ... more

• Daniel White (8/22/2006 4:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

so here's my deal, i would like comments on the stuff i have posted, (not much stuff, so it likely wont take long, eh) please feel free to insult

• Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 8:01:00 PM) Post reply Stage

You have no poems written in your poem page So how can people comment on it? Sily sily sily You are just being a smart as Sorry I must say that Grow up

[Hata Bildir]