Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Freshman - 1,013 Points Liqi Leakey (11/10/2014 2:52:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

ah, poetry is funny! i have been right for few years now..sometimes i loose morale and i would go for a month or two without writing anything if this happens, i am drawn back to writing and i find it a strange business again..even my old poems sound like they were never written by me.
    the choice of vocabulary seem strange and yet i wrote them.

Replies for this message:
    • Freshman - 1,013 Points Mohammad Skati (11/12/2014 4:54:00 PM) Post reply

Thanks for your coming back. Please always look forward to write new poems and never stop. Thanks.

• Freshman - 1,355 Points Pijush Biswas (11/8/2014 8:35:00 AM) Post reply

Help me...if somebody gives tips, I would be able to improve my techniques and creative ideas.

• Freshman - 1,355 Points Pijush Biswas (11/8/2014 8:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Help me...if somebody gives tips, I would be able to change my techniques and creative ideas.

• Freshman - 1,355 Points Elizabeth Padillo Olesen (12/2/2014 5:07:00 PM) Post reply

You can also write prose poetry. Poems of this kind do not need to rhyme. There are also other forms in poetry and it is up to you to decide which form you will have and develop.

• Freshman - 1,355 Points Eric Ericson (11/16/2014 10:37:00 AM) Post reply

The best advice I can give you is to read poetry. read it aloud. Think about the meter. does it rhyme or not? Do you like it?do you like the rhyme?(why and why not) How would you do it differently? ... more

• Gold Star - 12,431 Points Mohammad Skati (11/8/2014 8:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Anyone can the poetry he likes or she likes, but gifted people (poets or poetesses) have their own ways in showing things or persons in a different way. Thanks.

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie - 46 Points Jon Hadley (11/6/2014 9:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Someone asked me today, how do I write my poems and it got me thinking, how do i?
    Because 100% of the time I do not think of a word or an idea for a poem, I just put a pen on paper and a poem happens.

The best way to think of it I suppose would be,
    My emotions use my hands, to create a poem, based on how they see and how they feel. And only after it is done my mind is allowed to catch up and admire what they have written

• Rookie - 96 Points Oliver Rowland (11/5/2014 8:30:00 AM) Post reply

as i love beat poetry so i would say that you should (as Alan Ginsburg said about Kerouac) write like jazz musicians play. i personally think putting pen to paper is far better than waiting for something to come to you. also read Blake :)

• Rookie - 206 Points Li Sharry (11/4/2014 11:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

if you want to write a good poem, the first thing you must do is try you best to read more good works.

• Veteran Poet - 2,588 Points Abekah Emmanuel (11/4/2014 8:57:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Medical experts encourage us to exercise regularly in order to stay healthy. I believe writing poetry is a way of exercising your mind both intellectually and physically

• Rookie - 146 Points Bernard Kennedy (11/3/2014 11:37:00 PM) Post reply

Silence allows the intuitive base of inspiration inform the poetic movement.

• Gold Star - 12,431 Points Mohammad Skati (11/1/2014 9:51:00 AM) Post reply

Inspiration is very important in poetry.Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]