Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Anele The_african_son Potelwa (umbhali_wasembo) (10/27/2011 10:18:00 AM) Post reply

There is just one of those days, were you feel less motivated and lazy to translate your emotions, fantasy, and thoughts into paper by pen, am i the only one who experience the same problem?

• Jeremiah Walton (10/27/2011 8:28:00 AM) Post reply

Avoid cliches
    Though bright as day
    They do not lead the way

• Spinner Parrot (10/21/2011 7:30:00 AM) Post reply

Poetry! Poetry! A melody. Poetry is a scientifical logical composition of thought to parade the huddles in human throat in form of poem.

• Mathew Lewis (10/17/2011 7:39:00 PM) Post reply

I completely agree about reading lots. That's the only way to expose yourself to new thought, particularly in creative writing. But be careful about just posting whatever comes straight out of your pen. Good poetry needs to be shaped. even free verse. That's what separates true writers from the rest. It isn't enough just to share whatever's on your mind. You need to make into something first.

• Folayemi Akande (10/8/2011 7:10:00 AM) Post reply

You have to read lots and lots of poetry, that's where you get the idea. Although its a boring and burdensom thing to do.

• Folayemi Akande (10/8/2011 7:07:00 AM) Post reply

Poetry is all about the invigorating desire to make a meaning out of human experience. I.e. Conveying images in letters just like an artist would convey his mind with pencils and larger than life paints. Its all about playing pranks on alphabets

• Folayemi Akande (10/8/2011 7:02:00 AM) Post reply

At first, i thought poetry was an impossible work of art. Meant only for the specially made humans, but thanks to my jelousy, it pushed my zeal towards constant practices and today am proud of my progress so far.

• Maria C. Costa (10/4/2011 12:23:00 PM) Post reply

Well, if you have an idea, a favourite topic or something that has really impressed or shocked you, try and express your feelings and emotions about it. Sometimes you feel that a lovely sentence conveys your thought. Then, start from that point and you'll see the thread being shaped...
    By practising you can see some progress.But... never stop reading poetry!

• Diana Rose Tolentino (10/4/2011 9:00:00 AM) Post reply

hello..anyone can write poems..you just have to start. just write your thoughts and it doesn't necessarily with rhymes and meter. When you got used to it you would even be surprised on how easily words flow in your mind.

• Brianna Burdick (10/2/2011 3:25:00 PM) Post reply

http: //www.poemhunter.com/brianna-burdick/

you can always check out something that myself or other poets have written; I find that if I am walking just with a clear mind, a phrase will come to me. I then shape my poems around that phrase; it may take a while but it does work. Also, if rhyming is the issue; remember that there is nothing wrong with writing in free verse. It is just as good and still poetry!

[Hata Bildir]