Post a message
  • Hortensia Handy (4/17/2012 1:11:00 PM) Post reply

Haïku
    Surfing is his life
    Gently teasing the waves
    A dolphin smiled.

Hortensia

• William F Dougherty (4/14/2012 7:22:00 PM) Post reply

Adam, the first gardener (of Eden) , was taxed with naming things and thus because the first poet. See " Adam's Curse" by Yeats.

The Gardener's Curse

This lapidary labor stirs a curse
    Like sculpting marble blocks with callused hands
    And polishing the surface to rehearse
    Set ranks of wayward words the verse demands
    To play an emerald tune on emerald line
    And signify above the duple beat
    Some metaphor that holds to the design
    Or at hairpin turn, makes its sense complete.

Poems are never final, just abandoned,
    As artifacts beyond minute repair,
    Vainly arranged, then grudgingly stranded:
    A moment's monument—a grasp to share.
    Like Adam's Curse, to carve in stone means pain,
    But only heart creates: the opened vein.

William F Dougherty

• Clinton Ekeh (4/14/2012 6:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The best possible way to improve your poetry skills, for me, is to burn with PASSION for it. Without the passion for poetry, you could be a good poet but would never be exceptional. *You could click on my profile to see some of my written works and possibly leave a comment*

Replies for this message:
    • Rose Flores (4/16/2012 7:36:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you. I'll try to be a more passionate poet, then. Hoping... A blessed day to all!

• Zarine Selin (4/12/2012 7:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

For givin birth to an amazing piece of poetry we need to take care of five aspects.
    1) a creative idea
    2) simple, lucid, stylish, precise and beautiful language.
    3.try to include rhyming words.
    4.use appropriate words and phrases.
    5.clarity in theme
    try to avoid conventional topics and write about contemporarytopics.try to read more poetry and listen to great poems.but never try to emulate others.SO ALWAYS BE A UNIQUE POET.

Replies for this message:
    • M.L Bennett (4/15/2012 12:29:00 AM) Post reply

Thank you for putting it so plainly. My style is not well organized, I think. I have a few poems along with a few songs. But I would love your, or anyone's, constructive criticism on how to clean them ... more

• jas Cagz (4/14/2012 9:32:00 PM) Post reply

You have an excellent grasp of a certain style of poetry friend

• Chelsea Kucera (4/12/2012 2:22:00 AM) Post reply

I've noticed something similar in nearly all of my poems. I always write about a need to be free. I find this amusing, seeing as most my poems seem to be about love, loss, or some sort of agony. I guess in the end, it's what I want. I don't want love or happiness or pain or fear. I just want to be free. That's what poetry is about, I believe. It's about finding that thing you dream of most, and always having it hide in your words.

• The Lastdon (4/11/2012 5:42:00 PM) Post reply

If you really understand what life has given you and what it means to you, then use it. I never paint a pretty picture of something so rotten that it can't help but to seep though. I tell what I see and what I feel and I dig my nails into the reality and allot of times as scary as it may be, my work bleeds into the reality. I suggest you all do the same.

• Jt Dyche (4/10/2012 9:57:00 PM) Post reply

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-one-170/

• Sky Welch Rookie - 1st Stage (4/10/2012 9:10:00 AM) Post reply

i find it very difficult to write poems of happyness. my life seems so depressing from my point of view that i just can't write happy. i always find comfort in writing what i feel but everybody gets mad when i misspell something. is poetry not a form of expression in feelings not a formal way of writing?words are ment to express uniqueness not robotism.

• John Hazon Palen Rookie - 1st Stage (4/9/2012 9:20:00 PM) Post reply

I found it is better to express what you have inside when you write or do something than to impress. That's what gives color and meaning to your work.

• John Hazon Palen Rookie - 1st Stage (4/9/2012 9:18:00 PM) Post reply

The most intense emotion I have inside myself, since the awakening of my awareness, is the love for my parents. Gosh, it is so intense I could hardly put it to words. Even my poem " Somewhere In Southern Leyte" is not enough to express my feeling about my family. God Bless! AJA!

[Hata Bildir]