Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Michael Shepherd Male, 85, United Kingdom (4/19/2005 7:13:00 AM)

forgot to say, for the most up-to-the-minute view of the scene, bloodaxebooks is the only publisher who can afford to produce an enormous quantity of current verse (hates formal verse) since they have some form of uni sponsorship.

And how could I have forgotten DH Lawrence, with 106 poems on this site, I've just discovered, whose 'Snake' is my admired conscious and unconscious model (and his 'Beautiful old age' for personal reasons...) I'd put him contender for the most representative British poet of the 20th century. The British, who don't trust anyone who does more than one thing well, don't pay him much attention. Children trust him as a poet though.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Ramil Gulle (10/6/2005 5:23:00 AM) Post reply

Hello, I'm new at this site. I stumbled onto it while researching for an essay I'm writing on Dan Schnieder.

Hi Michael, I noticed this post of yours because you mentioned Bloodaxe Books. I once had more than a few beers with a Bloodaxe poet in Manila. Roddy Lumsden...ever heard of him? He's Scottish and I found out Scots probably drink as much beer as Filipinos!

I like the mix of posters on this site. I'm looking forward to participating soon. But I've got to go for now.

[Hata Bildir]