Learn More

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Aisha Alansari Aisha Alansari Female, 15, Qatar (2/20/2013 10:13:00 AM)

Poetry is a way to express your feelings.Therefore, when you feel something and you want to get it out just write a poem.However, if you don't know just get a paper and right down what you feel and try to compare it to something to make it more creative.For instance, " seeing you like that was like drowning deep down in the ocean..where I can't breath" (example of you seeing something bad happening to someone you love) .After you finish writting what you feel, try to rearrange it, see which line should be first, try to put them into paragraphs(each paragraph is about something a little bit different than other paragraphs but still about the same subject) Finally, if you did these steps you can change some words put rhymes to make it sound even better.

~Aisha Alansari

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Donnaj York (2/20/2013 5:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I personally am a thesaurus addict.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Titi Dale (2/26/2013 3:35:00 AM) Post reply

Me too :) if I can't find a word that rhymes with a word I have chosen, I pick up a thesaurus and look for a more compatible word. Is this just me?

[Hata Bildir]