Post a message
  • modulus operation (12/5/2007 4:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Hello:

Putting together a scrap book for the wife. it has 4 themes:

arrival of our daughter

our daughters smile

mother and daughter

lasting love

I am having trouble finding beautiful poems that fit those themes, any help is appreciated! !

Replies for this message:
    • June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:48:00 PM) Post reply

WON

• June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:47:00 PM) Post reply

Life Is Not A Poem Life Is Not A Poem Life is not a poem eye cannot make it rhyme it has no sway or motion nothing to decide. Live and pray then love Eat and leave the past behind L ... more

• June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:44:00 PM) Post reply

The Corners Of My Heart The Corners Of My Heart I had to make a picture for my love. Not for a locket or a fixture, but for Her memory of me, so we could remember we. The thing was not co ... more

• June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:43:00 PM) Post reply

mother and daughter The SMILE THE S ... more

• Chris Mcmahon (12/2/2007 5:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Im looking for THE MESSAGE OF THE ROSE it starts-Only a rose in a glass, Set by a sick man's bed; The day was weary, the day was long, But the rose it spoke with a voice-like song,

• Laura Burns (12/3/2007 7:59:00 PM) Post reply

Only a rose in a glass, Set by a sick man's bed; The day was weary, the day was long, But the rose it spoke with a voice-like song, And this is what it said: — 'I know that the wind is keen ... more

• Sarah Levin (12/1/2007 4:39:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem written by Mary Oliver that was published in The New Yorker. Unfortunately, I don't remember the title and I don't know how long ago it was published because I keep my New Yorkers forever. It was fairly long and not so much about nature. I searched the New Yorker archives but they're not yet searchable. If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

• Nv R (11/26/2007 6:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi all,

I would like to fine the poem contains the following lines

IF DEATH WERE IT DEATH
    TO WHAT SHOULD I WAKE
    WHO LIVED IN MY HOME
    ALL LIFE OFR ITS SAKE

KINDLY HELP ME TO LOCATE THE FULL POEM WITH POET

• Laura Burns (11/26/2007 7:58:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is Nimium Fortunatus (The Good Life) by Robert Bridges I have lain in the sun I have toil'd as I might, I have thought as I would, And now it is night. My bed full of sleep, My ... more

• The Wiseone (11/21/2007 7:41:00 AM) Post reply

'A child attracted by its beauty reached out for the Rose, Struck by its thorn he cried, Life was already beginning to tell Lies'...
    hello everyone... i searched a lot but could not find the poet and his work who had written these words.. if anyone of you have come across these words.. kindly advise so I can find more the poets work... thanks in advance... like someone mentioned...not-so-wise

• Andrew Blakemore (11/20/2007 5:52:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everybody,
    My late grandfather used to recite a poem he learnt by heart when he was a schoolboy. It began with the line 'I strolled outside the city gates and lingered for a while.' I would love to find out more about this poem and its author. Many thanks, Andrew

• Genelle Howell (11/17/2007 2:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My great aunt told us a rhyme that was to go with the little white damage marks on fingernails. Starting with the thumb, she said they told your fortune:
    Friends - thumbs
    Foes - index finger
    Heartaches - middle finger
    Beaus - ring finger
    Journey's to go - Pinkie

Has anyone else ever heard of this, and can you tell me where it may have originated?

• The Wiseone (11/21/2007 7:45:00 AM) Post reply

i dont know if the little white marks that arise on the finger nails imply that someone in your family is expecting a child. my grand mother used to tell this to us when we were little.... dont know ... more

• Jessica Crumbley (11/6/2007 8:47:00 PM) Post reply

I know this is a stretch to expect anyone to know what poem I am looking for..but its worth a shot.

I had a high school teacher read our class a poem a long time ago and I loved it..the name was 'lyrics of life' or at least I thought it was.. anyway I really would like to find a copy of the poem so I could have it but i can't find it anywhere. I know its title was the lyrics of...something. If you know of a poem with something like that as a title I would be so so happy if you could help me out.

thanks! !

• Benjamin Far (10/31/2007 11:51:00 AM) Post reply

Breanna,
    you should maybe check out Mark Haddons anthology!
    Its really fascinating,
    i hope that it is the first of many to come....
    x

• Mary Nord (10/27/2007 1:52:00 AM) Post reply

I very much hope that someone may read this who is familiar with a poem that (I believe) was written by Edgar A. Guest entitled (again, I believe) 'Elizabeth Ellen Is Two Today.' My (somewhat extensive) search has been unsuccessful thus far - it hasn't be found in any compilation books of his poetry, via several other Internet resources, or through 'phone calls to various Michigan libraries. As a result, I've concluded that it may have simply been one of his many, many, many poems published in the Detroit Free Press. A brand-new granddaughter named Elizabeth Ellen has prompted my search for this poem from my memory bank, and I'll be crossing my fingers that some expert might come to my aid. Any advice or help will be most appreciated.

[Hata Bildir]