Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Joshua Gage (10/22/2007 3:11:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey guys.. if you are looking for a poem about like life itself and 9/11 and the government check out

Spitting The Truth - Joshua Thomas Gage

tell me what you think, thanks =)
    -JT

Replies for this message:
    • ash a (12/28/2007 1:10:00 PM) Post reply

Hi joshua, how r u? i am payal here. i just join this poemhunter.com site. and yeasterday i wrote some poems. i hope you like it. just check it: Mystery Of Pain pain is not a small ... more

• Breanna Cazalet (10/22/2007 6:15:00 AM) Post reply

Alrighty-o, this isn't find-a-lost-poem so much as a good-poem-suggestions query. I have no idea how to find just good poems to read! Can anybody please give some suggestions to some good poems you've read recently then email me? Thanks so much!

• Brenda Jones (10/18/2007 12:10:00 AM) Post reply

If anyone can help me with this, I will be so thankful. I have the bare minimum of information about this poem, but my best friend wrote it out for me and I lost it in a house fire.

The poem itself is in three small parts, one of which is called 'the diggers'. It's based around the idea of archaeology, about bones buried in the dirt which are being excavated. I don't remember anythign else about it, and it's driving me insane. Please let me know if this rings a bell for anyone!

• Monica Caperton (10/17/2007 3:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Im trying to find the athuor to a poem i only know the poem

she loved him all her life
    and when she thought he might die
    she tied her wrist to his at night
    so that his pulse would not flutter
    away suddenly
    and leave her stranded

• A M (10/15/2007 10:37:00 PM) Post reply

someone please let me know who is the author of this poem...

thanks

Andrew Miller

I read news, shake my head
    Do they really think we are dumb?
    They are politicians, privateers & thives
    All part of a large sum...

All wethink of the cost of gas
    Suplies smaller than the demand
    Money is cheep commodity
    If your father brother have died in war

The service, all for 'people' they say
    They stick out their chests & boat
    Most of them talk about peace& poverty
    But they don't have any solution

The politicians their friends& rich
    Again they will get what they want
    While 'we' keep hopes at bay
    They are buying BMW's and Mercedes...

Is at down to write some poetic rhymes
    But it seems not fair
    Oh! Just look at the bright side
    Well! NO I won't I can't

Please forgive me it struck a nerve
    Of someone's political view
    I will try to write about love& peace
    If we see a better day...!

• Susan Banks (10/11/2007 3:50:00 PM) Post reply

Has anyone heard from SGT Daniel Chapman, a poet soldier currently in Iraq and listed on this site as TEARS FROM A SOLDIERS EYES? I have been trying to get in touch with him since August and am really worried. If you have heard from him after August 8,2007, please post a note here to that effect, just to ease my mind. And if you are able to contact him by other than a 'message to the poet' please let him know that Kim is trying to reach him under the account of Susan Banks. Daniel is just a friend I met on this site who I believe will someday be an accomplished poet. Thanks.

• Elena Nash (10/8/2007 7:50:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

In my previous message the Russian text didn't get through. Any advise how and where I can ask to help me finding lines of Russian poetry in English versions?

Thank you,

Elena Nash

• Laura Burns (10/8/2007 8:26:00 PM) Post reply

Some poems by Pasternak are at: http: //www.friends-partners.org/friends/culture/literature/20century/pasternak11.html

• Ashish Shukla (10/6/2007 7:12:00 PM) Post reply

Ive been reading a book for gr12 english called 'Not Wanted on the Voyage', by Timothy Findley. I need to a find a poem or two that can be linked to the theme of the story, if anyone's read the story if you could find some poems that relate to it, if not poems on religion, animals, weather, fanaticism, etc... also this book is the story of noahs ark if that helps.

thanks a lot

• Caitanya Pownall (10/6/2007 6:12:00 AM) Post reply

does anyone know where i can find john foster's poems?

• John Davis (10/4/2007 10:49:00 PM) Post reply

I've been looking for comic poems, preferably short ones, for reading aloud in a workshop I conduct for people with MS (me too) . If anybody can direct me to some I would appreciate it.

[Hata Bildir]