Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Neria Cepaite (4/30/2007 2:47:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, i'm looking for italian poems, lyrics, or poets, texts for songs in italian -english, or english- italian...
    There is theme about love.(Love's lyric) . Maybe, is somebody could to help
    for me to find any website references, or suggest about it..., it could be similar as Bocelli songs... such as 'Vivo per lei '. also i think this poem could be somehow similar by Josh Groban song's -' Per Te '...etc
    That's chracteristic and kind this poems have be -.. so very nostalgic and so 'mature' love... it'could be very exciting and heartbreaking and herewith so clear text...This music is really very romantic and nostalgic, ...it's not so happy song, Maybe somebody could be help for me to find the lyrics..Thanks - PLS _ REPLY! ! ! !

• Benjamin R Sutherland (4/30/2007 8:41:00 AM) Post reply

BUKOWSKI POEM
    hello. i am looking for a poem by buk named 'these mad windows that taste life and cut me if i go through them.' it was published in book of poems called 'the days run away like wild horses over the hills.' anyway if you have this poem available to you could you please post it up. thank you :)

• Only True (4/28/2007 2:17:00 PM) Post reply

Hey everybody,
    I'm Only True and I would like you all to take a look at my poems. And also, I am desperately looking for a poem by Maya Angelou called 'For a Time'. If you find it please let me know. Thanks.
    *k33p it true*

• Mike S (4/24/2007 12:20:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone I'm looking for a poem about the sea. I have a few of the first lines but have not been able to locate it anywhere on the web. Here goes...

The sea is a fine illustration of your life.

For the most part, the sea is
    smooth,
    quiet,
    serene,

But storms come up unexceptedly,
    Winds blow,
    Giant waves swell,
    lighting strikes,

Thats all I can remember. Anyone heard of this one? ?
    Thks
    -Mike

• Lisa Dyer (4/24/2007 10:01:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Am looking for a poem, I can't remember the title but it is about
    the innocence of a child before life happens. would appreciate any help

Replies for this message:
    • D. Grace (6/19/2007 5:08:00 AM) Post reply

'prayer before birth' springs to mind. louis macneice.

• Carla Denny (4/17/2007 5:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone help me? ? I looking for the name of a poem I heard years ago I can't even remember all the words or name.. It talked about a girl walking threw a garden and her lots love and that her heart was going to be put into an old cedar chest till true love came her way... Does anyone know this its driving me crazy..

• Ella Snizore (4/24/2007 4:48:00 AM) Post reply

Hello Friend, Before I proceed further, Please permit me to introduction myself to you. I am Mrs. Ella Snizore from Philippines, widow to the late former minister of finance in Philippine who die ... more

• Neria Cepaite (4/12/2007 11:45:00 AM) Post reply

ITALIAN POEMS! ! !

----------

Hello, i'm looking of italian poems, lyrics, or poets, texts for songs in italian -english, or english- italian...
    There is theme about love.(Love's lyric) . Maybe, is somebody could to help
    for me to find any website references, or suggest about it...
    Pls -REPLY!

• Mark Heptonstall (4/10/2007 8:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Looking either for a poem, or to commission a poem, but have absolutley no idea where to start.
    We are having a baby in August, and I'd like to find a poem that I feel would capture that moment.........her hame is going to be Amber, which I would have thought would have many relevant poems (encapsulating beauty etc etc) but have been unable so far to find anything.

Any pointers or help would be greatfully appreciated! ! !

• Jamie Walt (5/6/2007 11:17:00 AM) Post reply

I remember living in Poland and going to the coast to look for the amber that would wash up to the shore. The grey sea leaking away from the gemstones. They were rare to find but worth the search. ... more

• annie okia (4/23/2007 2:17:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Mark, Amber is a precious stone I think, from deep within the earth, maybe you could use this a a hook for your poem. You could build your piece around all the precious stones with Amber as the cen ... more

• Peter Paul (4/9/2007 3:20:00 AM) Post reply

Heard once about a poem sounds something like 'You make me feel so special
    like I've never felt before Please don't close this yellow fantasy door...' Is something from a song or video

• Jon Marc-Taylor (4/8/2007 7:05:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey, I'm looking for a poem titled 'my mother'.
    The first verse reads like this:

'Who sat and watch my infant head
    whilst sleeping on my cradle bed
    and tears of sweet affection shed
    my mother.'

Any assistance (poem or author) would be most appreciated.
    Thanks

• Laura Burns (5/28/2007 8:43:00 AM) Post reply

That is not the first verse, but one of the verses to the poem 'My Mother.' Depending on the source, it is credited to Ann Taylor or to Jane Taylor (they were sisters) .

[Hata Bildir]