Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Sylvia T (5/9/2008 6:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I am looking for a poem about moms. I remember some of the words and what it is about, but do not know the title nor can I find it online. Here are some of the words or what it is about:

Dad asks mom when is she coming to bed and she tells him in a little bit, then on her way to bed, she washes the few dishes left over from dinner, feeds the cat, pays a bill, put's homework in a backpack, writes on her list, says goodnight to her daughter that is still up, puts some clothes to wash, etc....
    at the end dad asks her what took her so long...

Please help, it's killing me not being able to find it. I would like to have it before Sunday.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Kalya Dower (5/14/2008 5:31:00 PM) Post reply

I don't think I have seen a poem like that before, but here is another one about moms: A Mother's Love by Helen Steiner Rice A Mother's love is something that no one can explain, It is made ... more

• Rookie Egi David Perdana (5/8/2008 5:26:00 AM) Post reply

http: //www.poemhunter.com/egi-david-perdana/ please read, commnet, and vote my poems, my style it's a psychedelic parague poems

• Rookie Les Kelly (5/6/2008 3:14:00 AM) Post reply

Hello People,
    Can anyone please help me with the poem these words came from? ? ?

Old Mac lives down at the harbour shore in a cottage neat and trim
    set low at the foot of a rocky cliff where the sea can sing to him.

You can reply to me at

bennylomond@hotmail.com

Thanking you in anticipation.

Les Kelly, Launceston, Tasmania.

= = = = = = = = = =

• Rookie Sarah Everett (4/30/2008 4:56:00 PM) Post reply

About 6 months ago, i read this poem on the internet that was about a widow who was shocked to find that someone had left her flowers on valentine's day since her husband had only died a few months ago. the poem goes on by eventually saying that the flowers were from her late husband who had set up a deal with the florist to always deliver flowers to his wife on valentine's day. i think it ends by saying something about how 'the flowers will always be delivered until that one day when we will meet again' or 'when we will be together again' It was beautiful. I loved this poem but lost track of where i found it and now i cant find it again! and im really upset cause i wanted to print it out and show it to my boyfriend. can anyone help me? ? please? !

• Rookie Etsuko Sohma (4/30/2008 2:41:00 PM) Post reply

I need ideas for a poem that is sad but not entirely.
    It's like changing from a sad being to a happy being~
    mostly, it means that i want a happy ending poem~
    does anyone know? =D

• Rookie David Golledge (4/29/2008 7:23:00 AM) Post reply

Hey!

I'm looking for a poem but I only have the final line I'm afraid which I think is:

'I give it my breathing'.

It's about someone lying in bed contemplating whether houses absorb memories...

Any clues?

• Rookie Fran Rowles (4/29/2008 7:07:00 AM) Post reply

i'm looking for a poem the idea of things on earth would float or fly away but are held to the earth. one line talks about an owl held to the earth by the strings of it's hunger, another about the trees would be pulled up by the wind in their branches but are held down by their roots etc...
    hope some one knows this poem thanks

• Rookie Dan Burtnett (4/20/2008 11:36:00 AM) Post reply

Hi There!
    I was introduced to a wonderful poem while in Community College - (25 yrs ago)
    And I have had NO luck in searching my old text book and the nette.
    It goes something like this: Sell em, sell em, sell em, pat them on the back, give em what they want....etc etc etc....
    And then something about America, I think.
    HELP? Thanks, Dan

• Rookie Charlie Thomas (4/19/2008 11:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi People I'm new to the web thing anyway I've been drivg my self crazy trying to find this poem all I know is that it is used sometimes in anger management classes, this is the begining- Don't be fooled by me, Don't be fooled by the face I wear, for I wear a mask, a thousand masks, Masks that I'm afraid to take off, and none of them is me, Pretending is an art thats second nature with me, but don't be fooled for God sakes don't be fooled. If anyone could help me find the whole thing that would be just great

• Rookie Laura Burns (4/21/2008 7:13:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is 'Please Hear What I Am Not Saying' by Charles C. Finn. You can read it at: http: //www.poetrybycharlescfinn.com/pleasehear.html

• Rookie Ruth Bonnington (4/17/2008 6:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, I'm looking for a poem by Vernon Scannell that ends something like

'All his wrongs were righted by his last, derisive sacrifice.'

I think the title might have had the word 'hero' in it but I'm not sure, and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. I did it at school and loved it but for some reason it was the only one of all the poems that I lost my copy of.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

[Hata Bildir]