Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie John Drake (12/20/2007 11:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I once read a poem called simply 'you'. I thought I remembered it being one of Rudyard Kipling's but, equally, I remembered it being written Anon. Can anyone help in identification and, more especially, with the words?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Laura Burns (12/20/2007 8:29:00 PM) Post reply

All I can tell you is that it is not Kipling, whose complete poems are at: http: //www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/kipling_ind.html

• Rookie Brenda Ayala (12/10/2007 11:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

im looking for the poem with these following words
    am i to be loved by you a day
    and lost for your heart the other

if anyone knows plz let me know

• Rookie Laura Burns (12/11/2007 7:57:00 PM) Post reply

It is on this site. See: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/am-i-to-be-loved-by-you-a-day/

• Rookie - 127 Points June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:24:00 PM) Post reply

it was a JESUS poem
    something about must I die? ? ?
    JEsus must I die? mabe? ?
    anyone have seen it? ? ?

• Rookie modulus operation (12/5/2007 4:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Hello:

Putting together a scrap book for the wife. it has 4 themes:

arrival of our daughter

our daughters smile

mother and daughter

lasting love

I am having trouble finding beautiful poems that fit those themes, any help is appreciated! !

• Rookie June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:48:00 PM) Post reply

WON

• Rookie June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:47:00 PM) Post reply

Life Is Not A Poem Life Is Not A Poem Life is not a poem eye cannot make it rhyme it has no sway or motion nothing to decide. Live and pray then love Eat and leave the past behind L ... more

• Rookie June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:44:00 PM) Post reply

The Corners Of My Heart The Corners Of My Heart I had to make a picture for my love. Not for a locket or a fixture, but for Her memory of me, so we could remember we. The thing was not co ... more

• Rookie June Smithster (12/10/2007 2:43:00 PM) Post reply

mother and daughter The SMILE THE S ... more

• Rookie Chris Mcmahon (12/2/2007 5:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Im looking for THE MESSAGE OF THE ROSE it starts-Only a rose in a glass, Set by a sick man's bed; The day was weary, the day was long, But the rose it spoke with a voice-like song,

• Rookie Laura Burns (12/3/2007 7:59:00 PM) Post reply

Only a rose in a glass, Set by a sick man's bed; The day was weary, the day was long, But the rose it spoke with a voice-like song, And this is what it said: — 'I know that the wind is keen ... more

• Rookie Sarah Levin (12/1/2007 4:39:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem written by Mary Oliver that was published in The New Yorker. Unfortunately, I don't remember the title and I don't know how long ago it was published because I keep my New Yorkers forever. It was fairly long and not so much about nature. I searched the New Yorker archives but they're not yet searchable. If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

• Rookie Nv R (11/26/2007 6:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi all,

I would like to fine the poem contains the following lines

IF DEATH WERE IT DEATH
    TO WHAT SHOULD I WAKE
    WHO LIVED IN MY HOME
    ALL LIFE OFR ITS SAKE

KINDLY HELP ME TO LOCATE THE FULL POEM WITH POET

• Rookie Laura Burns (11/26/2007 7:58:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is Nimium Fortunatus (The Good Life) by Robert Bridges I have lain in the sun I have toil'd as I might, I have thought as I would, And now it is night. My bed full of sleep, My ... more

• Rookie The Wiseone (11/21/2007 7:41:00 AM) Post reply

'A child attracted by its beauty reached out for the Rose, Struck by its thorn he cried, Life was already beginning to tell Lies'...
    hello everyone... i searched a lot but could not find the poet and his work who had written these words.. if anyone of you have come across these words.. kindly advise so I can find more the poets work... thanks in advance... like someone mentioned...not-so-wise

• Rookie - 2 Points Andrew Blakemore (11/20/2007 5:52:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everybody,
    My late grandfather used to recite a poem he learnt by heart when he was a schoolboy. It began with the line 'I strolled outside the city gates and lingered for a while.' I would love to find out more about this poem and its author. Many thanks, Andrew

• Rookie Genelle Howell (11/17/2007 2:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My great aunt told us a rhyme that was to go with the little white damage marks on fingernails. Starting with the thumb, she said they told your fortune:
    Friends - thumbs
    Foes - index finger
    Heartaches - middle finger
    Beaus - ring finger
    Journey's to go - Pinkie

Has anyone else ever heard of this, and can you tell me where it may have originated?

• Rookie The Wiseone (11/21/2007 7:45:00 AM) Post reply

i dont know if the little white marks that arise on the finger nails imply that someone in your family is expecting a child. my grand mother used to tell this to us when we were little.... dont know ... more

[Hata Bildir]