Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Gennaro Palma (9/21/2007 8:05:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi... hoping someone can help...

Years ago I read a poem about a high school teenager who cherishes the good times he's had with his sweetheart. The sentiments are sweet. Towards the end of the poem, your heart breaks as saysa he places a ring on her finger as she lies in her coffin. Does anyone know this poem? Author? Title? Some text so that I can do a proper search?
    Thank-you, Gennaro P

• Rookie Lee Wilhite (9/18/2007 8:54:00 AM) Post reply

Please help me find a poem that compares a child to an acorn. It is a fairly long poem and relates the potential of what the acorn/child may become is not revealed by the seed in its stages of growth. In its immaturity, we do not see the mighty oak tree that it will become. Thanks!

• Rookie Reuben Gourley (9/14/2007 4:25:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem for a friend that remembers it as a school boy 50- years ago. The only line he remembers is:
    Toby always listens and begging me to tell
    Exactly what i saw and where
    and how it all befell.
    Apparently it is about an owner talking to his dog and the owner telling tall tales and the dog taking it all in and understanding everthing by wagging his tail.

If anyone can point me the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

• Rookie Carol Holder (9/13/2007 1:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i had a poem once that i had saved in my baby keepsakes which were stolen during a burglary of my home. it went something like this.' when you were born we were going to have so much fun but i turned my head and you turned one.......AND YOU TURNED TWO....... this is the day you go to school............holding on to these days as tight? as i can because the next time i look i will be seeing a man. ' as i remember the author was 'unknown'. and i do not remember the title. My son whose keepsakes i had stored this poem with is about become a father for the first time and i would love to be able to give him a copy of it. can any one help me please?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Laura Burns (8/23/2008 8:47:00 PM) Post reply

A Touch of Love (poem for starting school, growing up too fast) You were six months old and full of fun, With a blink of my eye, you were suddenly one. There were so many things we were goin ... more

• Rookie Andralyn Andralyn (9/12/2007 11:02:00 PM) Post reply

http: //www.diesel-fragrances.com/_en/_us/index.aspx
    what's going on here?

• Rookie Joan Read (9/8/2007 10:43:00 AM) Post reply

I have been looking for a poem by e.e. cummings (I'm pretty sure) that says,
    i told him
    you told him
    (and the end of the poem is something like)
    it took a brick from the..th floor
    to fall on his head
    to tell him

I can't find it in any cummings anthology or on this site.

• Rookie Crystal Babcock (9/4/2007 8:08:00 PM) Post reply

I GRADUATED FROM CENTER FOR HEALING IN 2001, AND ON MY GRADUATION DAY SOMEONE READ A POEM TO ME. THE NAME OF THAT POEM WAS, GUARDIAN ANGEL. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME ON FINDING THIS CERTAIN POEM? IN THIS POEM, THE GUARDIAN ANGEL WAS NOT DOING SO WELL, IT SAIS SOMETHING ABOUT HOW HIS WINGS ARE ALL BATTERED AND TORN. THE ANGEL IS EXPLAINING TO THIS PERSON THAT HE WATCHES OVER, THAT HE CANNOT BARE TO MUCH MORE OF THE ABUSE THAT HE PUTS UP WITH WHILE WATCHING OVER THIS CERTAIN PERSON. THE PERSON FEELS AWFUL ABOUT ALL THE PAIN AND TORTURE THAT THE ANGELS BEEN PUTTING UP WITH. I REALLY NEED TO FIND THIS POEM.

• Rookie Penny Wade (9/2/2007 4:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem I believe is called'Augustus'...Augustus was a chubby lad, fat ruddy cheeks he had. Every one saw with joy the fat plump heathly boy. This is from my childhood and would love to know the Poem and poet. Thought it may have been Edward Lear? Please Help.

• Rookie Laura Burns (9/25/2007 8:29:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is 'The Story of Augustus Who Would Not Have Any Soup' by Dr. Heinrich Hoffman.

• Rookie - 0 Points Stephen Digby (9/1/2007 2:14:00 AM) Post reply

How do I add poems to Judith Wright's collection?

• Rookie Karl Rommel (8/26/2007 5:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Where on the internet can I find:

Samuel Taylor Coleridge's 'The Ballad of the Dark Lady'?

Thanks in anticipation.

[Hata Bildir]