Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Cecilia Nicoletti (3/25/2007 10:30:00 AM) Post reply

I wish you will include some Mario Benedetti, Idea VilariƱo and Marosa Di Giorgio Poems.And some about Borges poetry doenst seem to be a lot to ask.Their work should be amongst the Universal Literature.
    Nice place as this, I am glad to found.
    Regards from the Cow.

• Yvie Wilks (3/24/2007 6:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello
    I wonder if anyone can help.
    I remember parts of a funny poem from school (many many moons ago) and would love to find the whole poem again. THese are some of the lines......

'deggs I said, deggs I said, what in the world are deggs I said...
    'scramble deggs said Billy'!

'teggs I said, teggs I said, what in the world are teggs I said,
    poach teggs said Billy'....

Hopefully someone out there will know what I am on about, as my daughter thinks I am barmy! !

Replies for this message:
  • Patricia Day (3/23/2007 5:32:00 PM) Post reply

Some 20 years ago I was given a poem that was written from the perspective of a wife loosing her husband and the mother's perspective of loosing her son.
    The feelings they each had and to whom the loss was greater.

• Shannon Schuirmann (3/22/2007 2:34:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for either a poem or a quote, it may be by an indian poet, it roughly it goes like this:

I've been to many countries,
    But in my country there is only one town,
    and in that town, one house,
    and in that house, one room,
    and in that room one bed,
    and in that bed one woman..and she means more to me than anything...

That's VERY rough...but gets the point across...can anyone help me find it?

Blessings to all,
    S

• Stanley Okeke (3/18/2007 10:29:00 AM) Post reply

I will want to get some poem books written by great America and european poet. I wouldn't mind a exchange in books. Am from Africa

• Joe Collingham (3/17/2007 7:01:00 AM) Post reply

Hi im trying to find a poem about a man seducing a woman but turns out to be a bottle of beer. thanks TRISH

• Craig Oberweger (3/9/2007 10:12:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE HELP ME...I am looking for a poem I heard some years ago. The poem was written from the point of view of father that tried to make his young son act as an adult - not the age he was. The father then regretted what he had done a said he should have let his son be just what he was, a happy child and not expect him to be what he is not - an adult

• Emma George (3/8/2007 5:49:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I came across a poem which I loved, but I have totally forgotten the title and poet, I believe it could be Hardy but having searched many of his poems I am doubting this. The subject of the poem was stars and the distance of them, but the basis of the subject was unrequited love and how despite it being unrequited we should love anyway? ! ? ! Any ideas would be brilliant? ! ? !

• Bess Chester (3/7/2007 8:45:00 PM) Post reply

i'm trying to find a poem my teacher read to my english class a few years ago (unfortunately, i've long since lost contact with the teacher) .

the only line i can remember is 'if the band were playing louder, and a little more in tune'...and i believe there may have been something about soup. food of some kind, anyhow. i'm fairly certain it was set in a restaurant. and involved love. i think 'tune' was a rhyme for 'spoon', but i don't remember what the line was that ended in 'spoon'.

i've tried googling the one line i remember...but to no avail. if anybody has any idea what it could possibly be, i'd be really happy.

• Eddie Northcraft (3/1/2007 3:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

im looking for a poem, i am in iraq right now and there isnt a poem written already at least i dont think but i need a poem for my girl! ! ! if u are interested in helping me write one i will tell u my story and then maybe u can help a soldier out! ! ! thanks much just email me at eman2004_13@yahoo.com or post a comment on here! ! ! Thanks

• Bess Chester Rookie - 1st Stage (3/7/2007 8:48:00 PM) Post reply

i love finding poems that suit stories. email me and i'll try my best to help you out, there. :) (my email address is emilythesecond@gmail.com)

[Hata Bildir]