Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Ann Richard (5/14/2007 3:25:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hey everyone i REALLY need your help!
    I am writing a 15 page literary Analysis paper on langston hughes vs don l lee. i am no expert on poerty and i was wonder if anyone can suggest some poems by the two that compare, thank you so much!

• Rookie Caroline Osborne (5/14/2007 9:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

can anybody help! my dad (an old sailor!) quotes random lines from a coleridge (samuel) poem but we dont know the title. which poem mentions the quinquereme of ninevah? be glad of any help. caroline.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Laura Burns (5/28/2007 8:37:00 AM) Post reply

Could your dad actually be quoting from 'Cargoes' by John Masefield, which begins with the phrase you quoted?

• Rookie Austin Borgstede (5/13/2007 9:29:00 PM) Post reply

Hello,
    I need help finding a good poem that has a 'disdainful' tone to it, I have been looking and, to put it in a nutshell, I am not very good with poetry. I have to be able to write a two page paper explaining how the poem has a 'disdainful' tone to it, if you could help, I would really appreciate it!

Thank You So Much,

Austin Borgstede

• Rookie Simon Murray (5/12/2007 10:15:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem that starts something like

He is not gone, that friend who ever true
    Kept pace in pace in step with you

Thanks, if you can help and thanks for looking if you can't

simon

• Rookie Marina M (5/8/2007 3:54:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I know a part of a poem by Richard WILBUR but I need the translation of this poem (which I do not know the name) in spanish. Can anybody help me? ]
    What I know of it is as follows:

All we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of what we know. - Richard Wilbur

Thanks,
    Marina

• Rookie Jill Liddle (5/8/2007 9:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that I first came across whilst in the Senior school many years ago. I have had no success to date locating it and was hoping that someone knows of it. I cannot remember the title, although I'm sure it has 'sailor' in there somewhere. I only remember some of the first verse. The words I don't know or am unsure of are in brackets.

Here stands a sea-legged sailor
    Come to this loitering Inn
    Just when the (? ? ? ?) shades of (? ? ? ?) are fading
    The (? ? ? ?) shades of (evening) begin.

Well that's all I remember. I hope someone can help me.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Cia Frizzell (5/17/2007 9:45:00 AM) Post reply

THE PICTURE Here is a sea-legged sailor, Come to this tottering Inn, Just when the bronze on its signboard is fading, And the black shades of evening begin., With his head on ... more

• Rookie Neria Cepaite (4/30/2007 2:47:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, i'm looking for italian poems, lyrics, or poets, texts for songs in italian -english, or english- italian...
    There is theme about love.(Love's lyric) . Maybe, is somebody could to help
    for me to find any website references, or suggest about it..., it could be similar as Bocelli songs... such as 'Vivo per lei '. also i think this poem could be somehow similar by Josh Groban song's -' Per Te '...etc
    That's chracteristic and kind this poems have be -.. so very nostalgic and so 'mature' love... it'could be very exciting and heartbreaking and herewith so clear text...This music is really very romantic and nostalgic, ...it's not so happy song, Maybe somebody could be help for me to find the lyrics..Thanks - PLS _ REPLY! ! ! !

• Rookie Benjamin R Sutherland (4/30/2007 8:41:00 AM) Post reply

BUKOWSKI POEM
    hello. i am looking for a poem by buk named 'these mad windows that taste life and cut me if i go through them.' it was published in book of poems called 'the days run away like wild horses over the hills.' anyway if you have this poem available to you could you please post it up. thank you :)

• Rookie Only True (4/28/2007 2:17:00 PM) Post reply

Hey everybody,
    I'm Only True and I would like you all to take a look at my poems. And also, I am desperately looking for a poem by Maya Angelou called 'For a Time'. If you find it please let me know. Thanks.
    *k33p it true*

• Rookie Mike S (4/24/2007 12:20:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone I'm looking for a poem about the sea. I have a few of the first lines but have not been able to locate it anywhere on the web. Here goes...

The sea is a fine illustration of your life.

For the most part, the sea is
    smooth,
    quiet,
    serene,

But storms come up unexceptedly,
    Winds blow,
    Giant waves swell,
    lighting strikes,

Thats all I can remember. Anyone heard of this one? ?
    Thks
    -Mike

[Hata Bildir]