Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Jeanette White (9/2/2006 6:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Help anybody - I've been searching for this for ages!
    I've used a poem in a Case Study I'm writing and now can't remember where I found it. I bought an Oxford book of translations of Rabindranath Tagore hoping it would be in there but no luck and now I'm wondering if I've got the author right - here's the poem as I believe it to be
    Ticket to Freedom by Rabindranath Tagore
    I have projected the same images day after day
    becoming a prisoner of the known
    But the known is dead and past now
    and I must buy my ticket to freedom by embracing the fresh unknown
    Chance encounters, unexpected coincidences, premonitions, dreams and wishes, flashes of unpredictable joy
    Random events are weaving themselves in the web of time
    I have left the voice of reason
    I am listening to the beckoning whisper in the recesses of my heart and new shapes of reality are coaxing me out of my prison
    Written by Rabindranath Tagore (or so I believe! !)
    Not sorry to have bought the Oxford book of translations as I love the poems. Would be immensely grateful to anyone who could point me in the direction of where this poem is published.
    Regards

Jeanette

Replies for this message:
    • Mark English (9/2/2006 3:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It's 'Ticket to Freedom', yes, but the author is Deepak Chopra. You'll find it in his book 'Raid on the Inarticulate'. http: //lsv.ceramics.org/scripts/wa.exe? A2=ind0112d&L=clayart&F=&S=&P=40896

• Frank Smith (8/30/2006 7:33:00 PM) Post reply

This one may be hard since I have no idea the title or poet. All I know is that I heard it on the Bo Rynolds country show about two years back.. It is about a mothers fears as she sends her child off to school for the first time. She is afraid that Her daughter will see that there are other great people out there and that She will no longer be her daughters everything. It is a fairly long poem. I hope someone might know what im talking about. It would mean the world to me if someone could help.

• M Easton (8/30/2006 10:22:00 AM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem on raising children. I've only heard parts of it, and I'm interested in finding the entire text. The only text I've heard, goes something like this.
    'If my [doorknobs] don't sparkle, hopefully their [my children's] eyes will.'
    Has anyone seen a variation of this? You can contact me at mikki_easton@yahoo.com. Thank you for trying to make sense of this limited information! -Mikki

• Janet Gardiner (8/28/2006 10:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem with the ending words, 'for they did not die from the cold without, but they died from the cold within.' It is a poem about prejudice and how several persons would not share with others and the end result was their death. Thanks for your help. Janet at danjanny11@usadatanet.net

• Mark English (9/2/2006 11:37:00 AM) Post reply

You can find the full text of the poem at http: //www.myelitis.org/tmic/archive/21/0086.html

• Rachel Geman (8/27/2006 10:41:00 AM) Post reply

Hi- I am a brand-new member. I have always been moved by a poem of Charles Bukowski's that had languuage that included the following, yet I can never find it on line - does anyone know it? Thanks in advance: 'Saroyan on his death bed said 'I thought I would never die'...I pictured myself forever, buying pasta...[[something about the cat on the windowsill]]...IN SPITE OF THE PUNCTUATING AGONIES, LIFE IS SUCH A GENTLE HABIT...'. - Rachel

• Darlenesharon Stone (8/26/2006 7:43:00 PM) Post reply

My father died August 7th of 2006 and now my mother will be preceding in his death with Cancer..I know of a poem I saw in 1985.I bought for a friend for a classmate that died, , the poem was on a card in a hallmark store, , it was 'withered rose...the sunshine to the window...the rose died and shrived up but wilted toward the sunshine..can anyone help?

• Jennifer Summerfield (8/26/2006 4:18:00 PM) Post reply

Sorry my email address is jennifer.summerfield101@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks.

• Jennifer Summerfield (8/26/2006 2:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My cousin and I are looking for a poem which we think was written by Christina Rossetti but so far can't find it. It used to hang on our Grandmother's bedroom wall and we'd like to read at her funeral. It was something about changing the things we can change and recognising and accepting the things we can't and had a line in it that went something like 'God grant me the serenity...'

It's a long shot I know but if anyone knows what this poem might be and who it may be by I would be really grateful.

Many thanks.

• Jem Peter (9/3/2006 8:29:00 AM) Post reply

Is this the one you're thinking of? God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day a ... more

• Jessica Drillingcourt (8/26/2006 6:55:00 AM) Post reply

im looking for a poem called THE MESSAGE. Its a love poem. Please could you find it for me

• yactoo acton (8/20/2006 8:21:00 PM) Post reply

Ive been reading poems by oliver goldsmith and know that he is a distant ancestor of mine but cannot trace any details about his family any one help to bring me up to present day

[Hata Bildir]