Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Suzanne Toner (4/26/2006 3:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Please help I am trying to find a poem that was read and a very dear friends funeral and I can only remember the gist of the poem not any lines.... It is a about a ship that is gettin further and further away and to us it is getting smaller and smaller but to the people waiting for it..it is getting closer and closer..... I think it may be from the 17th century. I know this is very vague but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it... thankyou

Replies for this message:
    • Roger Skinner (5/25/2006 3:34:00 PM) Post reply

Suzanne..look at Victoria Madden's entry..a few days earlier than your own

• Klo Klo (4/24/2006 5:08:00 PM) Post reply

people need ur help real bad this is alife and death situation could someone out there plizzzzzzzzzzz give me a poem list from city psalm by Benjamin Zephaniah! ! ! ! !

• Tiffany J (4/23/2006 7:42:00 AM) Post reply

I am trying to find a certain poem or short story. Its called 'the gift' its about a baby and how god is trusting you with it. At tne it says something like..'and then the mother let her child go' please help me find it. Thank you.

• Soyoung Kwak (4/22/2006 3:22:00 PM) Post reply

I'm not looking for a poem I had read. But I need your help really REALLY bad. You see, for the 'dramatic arts' unit, we have to find a poem on the theme 'The Skin I'm in'. I have looked and looked, I have been unable to find a poem that contended me. Most was too short (it has to be 1-5 minutes long for recital) or I just couldn't find it.

Please if anyone found or had read a poem based on the theme 'The Skin I'm in' that was very deep and powerful or you really liked, tell me with its title and the author. I would appreciate it ever so deeply.

• Sara Wood (4/22/2006 12:50:00 AM) Post reply

I remember reading a poem in my therapist's office, of course I can't remember the title or poet, just that it was very simplistic and up lifting using only short phrases or discriptive words. It was to improve self worth I believe. I would be greatful for any info. Thank you.

• Tim Richard (4/20/2006 7:26:00 PM) Post reply

I hope someone can help me. I read a poem last year and I loved it. I don't know the author or the name of it, but I remember some of the phrases (kind of) and the jist of what it is about. It is a poem in which the author is listening to a new pop song, kind of top 40 song, and he is writing about the singer as well, he says something about 'the apotheosis of all that makes this country great' her groovey beat is infections now' 'her cocoa butter skin' 'can you hear me yippin out the window? '

Again, this is only my best memory of the poem, not accurate. I have tried searching online like crazy to no avail. All I know is that it is a modern / contemporary poem and that when I did read it, I originally found it online, I just can't remember where. If any one can help, it would be great!

Thanks!
    -Tim

• Victoria Madden (4/16/2006 11:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a 'hospice' poem. Title might be... Gone From My Sight. Speaks of a ship sailing over the horizon, out of your sight but others see it coming toward them. Ends with... and that is dying.

• Colleen Watt (4/19/2006 6:14:00 AM) Post reply

I am standing upon the seashore; a ship at my side spreads her white sails to themorning breeze and starts for the blue ocean...She is an object of beauty and strength, and I watch her until - at leng ... more

• Islam Farhood (4/15/2006 4:16:00 AM) Post reply

Dear Brothers & Sisters
    I'm Looking For any Poets about The Prophet Mohammed by any Unarabian Poems

Thanks alot

Islam Farhood

• Tony D'angelo (4/14/2006 9:54:00 PM) Post reply

Dear friends,
    I am searching for a pome i heard once a long time ago while i was in Havana Cuba. please if any one has any text or info on a cubain love pome called: If they let us.

Thank you all very much!
    Tony

Tony_d_33931@yahoo.com

• Michael Jack (4/11/2006 7:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A while ago I read a poem/story, something about the stars only coming out once every hundred years or something. Does anybody know this poem? If so, let me know where I can find a copy?

• Sue Thom (8/23/2006 3:55:00 AM) Post reply

Michael, you may be thinking of Isaac Asimov's short story 'Nightfall, ' which takes place on a world which has six suns. Only once every several thousand years do all of the suns set at once. Since ... more

[Hata Bildir]