Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Ivy Schex (6/19/2006 11:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem about an albatross that is good luck until someone killed it.

Thanks,

Ivy

Replies for this message:
    • Adrienne Noelle Werge (6/27/2006 6:34:00 AM) Post reply

To be more specific: Likely you're looking for 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner' by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Good luck with the albatross. anw

• Cassondra Wilson (6/18/2006 5:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello, There are actually three poems I am looking for. Two of them I haven't read in over a year and the other I lost.

One is about a Drunk Driver who hit someone and the sober person is the one on the ground with the voices fading and it feels like sharp knives going through him

Two, Is about alittle girl who calls the operator for the number to heaven

Three, Is about alittle girl going to school, and is supose to bring their dad but she couldn't. And everyone thought he was a dead beat but when she got up she said that her dad died in the Twin tower and that he leaves her a single rose.

I really hope someone can help me, I have been trying to find these poems for ages.

Replies for this message:
    • Evelyn Lilibeth Fania (6/24/2006 10:56:00 PM) Post reply

Hey! Well, I found the third poem too! Wow... on a roll. Well, I'll try to search for the 1st one, but I don't recognize it, whereas the other two I knew exactly what you were talking about, but it ca ... more

• Evelyn Lilibeth Fania (6/24/2006 10:28:00 PM) Post reply

Okay... well I'll go help search for the poems, but I think I might know the 2nd poem. Is it this? Mommy went to Heaven but I need her here today My tummy hurts and I fell down I need her ri ... more

• Jeff Hobbs (6/15/2006 7:54:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem called Episode by the Polish poet Zbigniew Herbert - it used to be on the web but I haven't been able to find it for years now and have lost all my copies. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Daniela Leva (6/12/2006 3:38:00 AM) Post reply

Hi I am looking for the poem (full text) of Dylan Thomas ' In the white giant's tight'... thank you in anticipation to all daniela

• Treasure Treasure (6/11/2006 10:25:00 PM) Post reply

Help...I need to find a poem and the sad thing is I am unsure of the title as well as most of the text. It may be called Time or What is Time? Some of the text reads:
    I asked an aged man with hoary hairs, wrinkled and curled with worldly cares; What is time?

Time is the warp of Life. Go tell the young, the gay to reap it well.

• april day (6/10/2006 12:30:00 PM) Post reply

I heard a poem written and read by Spike Milligan, shown on a tribute programn by the BBC after he'd died. he read the poem, about his daughter..I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know which poem this might be? It ws bout the passing of years/how quickly time passes etc

• Tim P (6/10/2006 7:00:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a good translation of Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 (Shall I compare thee..) to the Afrikaans language. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tim

• Dana Tyrrell (6/8/2006 1:01:00 PM) Post reply

hello all, im actually looking for this poem that was on a tv show called Six Feet Under, it was read at the main character, Nate's funeral but i didnt happen to catch the title or author, can someone help me out please? if anyone knows the details for that poem please message me, i appreciate it

sincerely, ~Dana! ~

• Nancy Bell (6/5/2006 7:33:00 PM) Post reply

I am desperately trying to recall a poem by Sandburg (I think) about the temporal aspect of life; it was in a high school lit book and discussed ancient times and how nothing last forever. I wish I could recall even a phrase from it but I can't. Does anyone know the poem I am trying to find? Thanks so much!

• Cassondra Wilson (6/2/2006 3:47:00 AM) Post reply

Hello, There are actually three poems I am looking for. Two of them I haven't read in over a year and the other I lost.

One is about a Drunk Driver who hit someone and the sober person is the one on the ground with the voices fading and it feels like sharp knives going through him

Two, Is about alittle girl who calls the operator for the number to heaven

Three, Is about alittle girl going to school, and is supose to bring their dad but she could. And everyone thought he was a dead beat but when she got up she said that her dad died in the Twin tower and that he leaves her a single rose.

I really hope someone can help me, I have been trying to find these poems for ages.

[Hata Bildir]