Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Gaby Palacios (9/13/2006 11:25:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

HELP! ! ! !

Ive been looking for this poem forever, heres what its about:

This rich guy wakes up one morning and takes a stroll around his neighbourhood, he is shocked by the nature around him, (because he's never realized the beauty around him before) and the last line of the poem is something like ' he stared at the tree, it was the one outside his window '

and the name of the poem has to do with a chinese apple, or japanese pear or something....

HELP PLEASE!

• Rookie Jennie Hrubesky (9/7/2006 11:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Still looking for this poem, I have some additional info:

Come and dance in the light with me.(Then a storm, then calm and darkness.)
    If I light you home to your trundle bed will you stay little boy will you stay and the little boy cried and cried. He will never leave his mother side and the wind led him home again but oh what a day when the little bay ran away.

Thanks!

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Stuart Trevorrow (9/5/2006 12:19:00 PM) Post reply

I can't for the life of me remmeber the name or the author of a poem which I recall responds in a callous and cowardly modern manner to Rupert Brooke's sonnet 'The Soldier'. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

• Rookie Adara Mcalister (9/5/2006 12:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for the full poem of James Beattie 'The Hermit'. Does anyone have it or know where I can find it?

• Rookie Marvin Ceberio (9/4/2006 12:33:00 AM) Post reply

Hi,
    I'm looking for a poem/monologue i heard once on the radio. Unfortunately all I remember was that it was about the virtues and glory of war and the dullness of peace. I remember one line: 'Peace, no one ever sings song about you'
    If anyone could help I would be grateful; this has been haunting for literally years.
    thanks

• Rookie Colleen Bevans (9/2/2006 12:50:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello... I recently saw an old ER rerun in which Alan Alda quotes what I believe is a William Blake poem... something about geese and lying in a meadow and ends with 'and I am free'...
    Could anyone help me find this poem... I would like to use it in a memorial scrapbook... I had the darn thing stored some years ago...but lost that computer and all its info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Rookie Mark English (9/2/2006 3:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I didn't see it, but my best guess is that it was 'The Peace of Wild Things' by Wendell Berry. http: //mailman.greennet.org.uk/public/gaias-cafe/2003-September/001219.html

• Rookie Jeanette White (9/2/2006 6:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Help anybody - I've been searching for this for ages!
    I've used a poem in a Case Study I'm writing and now can't remember where I found it. I bought an Oxford book of translations of Rabindranath Tagore hoping it would be in there but no luck and now I'm wondering if I've got the author right - here's the poem as I believe it to be
    Ticket to Freedom by Rabindranath Tagore
    I have projected the same images day after day
    becoming a prisoner of the known
    But the known is dead and past now
    and I must buy my ticket to freedom by embracing the fresh unknown
    Chance encounters, unexpected coincidences, premonitions, dreams and wishes, flashes of unpredictable joy
    Random events are weaving themselves in the web of time
    I have left the voice of reason
    I am listening to the beckoning whisper in the recesses of my heart and new shapes of reality are coaxing me out of my prison
    Written by Rabindranath Tagore (or so I believe! !)
    Not sorry to have bought the Oxford book of translations as I love the poems. Would be immensely grateful to anyone who could point me in the direction of where this poem is published.
    Regards

Jeanette

• Rookie Mark English (9/2/2006 3:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It's 'Ticket to Freedom', yes, but the author is Deepak Chopra. You'll find it in his book 'Raid on the Inarticulate'. http: //lsv.ceramics.org/scripts/wa.exe? A2=ind0112d&L=clayart&F=&S=&P=40896

• Rookie Frank Smith (8/30/2006 7:33:00 PM) Post reply

This one may be hard since I have no idea the title or poet. All I know is that I heard it on the Bo Rynolds country show about two years back.. It is about a mothers fears as she sends her child off to school for the first time. She is afraid that Her daughter will see that there are other great people out there and that She will no longer be her daughters everything. It is a fairly long poem. I hope someone might know what im talking about. It would mean the world to me if someone could help.

• Rookie M Easton (8/30/2006 10:22:00 AM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem on raising children. I've only heard parts of it, and I'm interested in finding the entire text. The only text I've heard, goes something like this.
    'If my [doorknobs] don't sparkle, hopefully their [my children's] eyes will.'
    Has anyone seen a variation of this? You can contact me at mikki_easton@yahoo.com. Thank you for trying to make sense of this limited information! -Mikki

• Rookie Janet Gardiner (8/28/2006 10:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem with the ending words, 'for they did not die from the cold without, but they died from the cold within.' It is a poem about prejudice and how several persons would not share with others and the end result was their death. Thanks for your help. Janet at danjanny11@usadatanet.net

• Rookie Mark English (9/2/2006 11:37:00 AM) Post reply

You can find the full text of the poem at http: //www.myelitis.org/tmic/archive/21/0086.html

[Hata Bildir]