Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Charlie Button (8/1/2006 11:07:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

hi there, was jst wondering of you could help, I have been searching all day for a poem I heard before visiting dublin. it described the sea in the bay of dublin, the ambience was ominous and dark ish. I was in dublin, and someboby had graffittied a quote from this poem on a sign post warning people of the dangers of the sea. It all clicked in to place. I jst cannot remember for the life of me the poet or title any one any ideas? it may be yeats or robert louis stephenson, I have totally no clue!

• Rookie Eric Martin (7/28/2006 9:32:00 PM) Post reply

Ok people can you guys help me write a poem to my girl because she is everything to me and im moving and i don't know how to write a good good poem and ill miss her forever can u guys please help me?

Her name is Amber
    We have been together close to 2 months
    We met in school
    I liked her since day one in school.

Can you guys post a poem like

Amber im sorry, , , , , ..........

ill pay or what ever i have to do but please someone help me im moving in 3 days and i need to give it to her in 2 days someone help this is my last option

Eric.

IF you need more info on me and Amber (My girl) post and ill write more info but i hope someone can help me so much..
    Eric

• Rookie Linda Wentzel (7/26/2006 9:36:00 AM) Post reply

I was hurt really bad by a person that I thought was a really good friend. She made a comment about my kids that just in my opnion can not be taken back or anything she does or says can fix it. Can someone help me find a poem that fits this kind of situation.

• Rookie Lee Harrison (7/23/2006 10:45:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Whilst attending grammar school (high school) in England between 1964 and 1969, I remember reading a poem sometime between first and fourth years, which went something like this:
    ' What is this World, if full of care,
    We have no time, to stand and stare,
    No time wait, till her mouth can,
    Enrich that smile, her eyes began, ...'

I am not certain of the accuracy of the text, but the general gist is correct.

If someone can help, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

Lee.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Luis Gumucio (7/27/2006 6:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear Lee, The poem you are looking for is 'Leisure', the author: William Henry Davies (1871- 1940) Kind regards from Santiago, Chile Luis Gumucio

• Rookie Nicole Yakiwchuk (7/23/2006 1:01:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I read a long time ago and I can only remember the first few sentences.
    On the road to love expect to see a broken branch a fallen tree. Slippery rock wet from tears lonely eyes and lonely years.
    If anyone know the rest I will be forever greatful.

• Rookie Jenny W (7/17/2006 12:32:00 AM) Post reply

Hello to all. Please help me! ! ! I am looking for a poem by Emily Dickinson(maybe? ? ?) that goes something like this-'Poor creature-you flew far-but not so far as the forest......though time re-feather the wing and ankle slip the ring, the once confined thing is never again free' This is a poem I loved as a child. Please help me to find it. I have been searching for about two years now.

Thanks to all

Jenny

• Rookie Sam Gould (7/16/2006 7:19:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I heard this poem by this Def Poet that came to my college this past school year. It was about this poor guy who wanted to look cool for his image so bad that he goes and kills someone for their Jordan's. It was very well written and the poet that read it out loud (he did not write it) said that this was the poem that inspired him to really write poetry. Horrible memory stops me from remembering the poet's name or the title of the poem that he read. If someone know what poem I am talking about please help me out, it's been killing me in the back of my head for a long time now, thanks.

• Rookie K Judd (7/12/2006 1:50:00 PM) Post reply

About 30 years ago my grandfather gave me a very small wrapped package. Attached to it was a poem, that said something to the effect of, this being a package that can't be opened, and being filled with love. My new puppy decided the poem was a good snack, and I have been trying to find it ever since. Does anyone happen to know what the poem is? Thank you!

• Rookie Jackie Logan (7/7/2006 5:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

My Grandfather recited a poem to me called 'My Old Ford' one of the verses is 'there's a rattle in the front and a grind in the rear'. Has anyone ever heard it before? I believe I am missing a verse or two. Thanks!

• Rookie Jackie Logan (7/11/2006 5:56:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you so much Herbert! That is the one. My grandfather told it to me on his knee when I was a little girl. I don't think he even knew the enire poem. My family is going to love this! Thanks ... more

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (7/11/2006 7:42:00 AM) Post reply

How about this: My Old Ford Of my old Ford they all make fun, They said she was born about 1901; Well, maybe she was, but this I'll bet, She's good for a many a long mile yet. ... more

• Rookie Petra Spies (7/7/2006 4:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem/lyric. My greatgrandmother used to recite this and my grandmother needs it desperately. We don't have the name of the author or title or even a verse.

It's about the uprising of India against the British Raj. Words in the poem include Turban, Clap/Boom, Scottish.

Basically it's about the revolt against English occupation, the english gets attacked and massacred but before all hope is lost a woman (english I suppose) hears the Scottish band(?) marching to their rescue.

I've spent hours today and yesterday searching. I'm not even sure that it can be found on the web.

If anyone can help me I'd be most grateful.

Sincerely,
    Petra.

• Rookie Laura Burns (9/22/2007 7:39:00 PM) Post reply

You are getting this reply late, but the poem is 'The Siege of Lucknow' by John Greenleaf Whittier.

[Hata Bildir]