Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Burak Bayram (1/27/2006 9:15:00 AM) Post reply

do you know a site that I can find comments for Jane Eyre from other poets?

• Elaine Fortier (1/25/2006 2:03:00 PM) Post reply

I have been trying to find a poem that I remember reading 8 years ago whenI was pregnant with my son. Now my daughter is pregnant with her son (my first grandbaby) and I would for her to read it. I can't remember exactly how it went but I remember some parts. It was about a mother laying in bed waiting for morning and she new that she was having the baby. ant ti end it said time to wake daddy.

• Jacqueline Grimes (1/23/2006 7:48:00 PM) Post reply

HI im looking for a poem i read years ago. it is about a lonely flower that lives upon ahill. One day a worm or other bug comes along and says let me rest in sade of your leaves etc. The last line of the poem is 'and i will be your friend'

Does anyone know the whole poem and who it is by.

• Sarah Yeung (1/23/2006 12:46:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem about how as a teenager we think we know everything but the older we get the more we realize how little we know - any ideas?

• Helen Houle (1/21/2006 9:33:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a humorous poem concerning the nose. I would compare it to 'To A Louse' by Robert Burns nd I believe from that era. It concerns different types of nose as well as different ways of blowing your nose. Some people open the tissue and look at it like a jewel.

• Dan Simmons (1/17/2006 4:23:00 PM) Post reply

Does anybody know a good free site that has some of Robert Fitzgeralds poems?
    Thanks.

• Padraig Devlin (1/16/2006 8:15:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for two poems, I believe by Santanya.
    First one contains '...with images you tended under foreign skies, far away from your own land.'
    Second one contains '...this column has a hole. Have you seen the queen of the dead? '

Many thanks.

• R Lee (1/12/2006 5:46:00 PM) Post reply

June Jordan and Maya Angelou Experts:

I am looking for a poem, written by one of these women, on the subject of using 'honesty' as a guise for cruelty...something to the effect of 'beware of the woman who starts out with 'forgive me for being honest, but...''. It's been many years since I read this poem, I don't know the title and I can't seem to locate it anywhere. Does this poem sound familiar to anyone?

I would appreciate any leads for tracking it down. Thanks.

• Dan Poreda (1/9/2006 5:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I'm trying to find a poem for someone. The poem was about the love between a young girl from a town and an outlaw? (I'm sure he was some kind of criminal) . It ends with soldiers coming to the house and the man finding out and trying to come back for his girl. In the end she shoots herself because she knows he is coming back and wants to drive him away. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Also, it's a pretty long poem from what I remember.

Replies for this message:
    • Kelly Moy (2/22/2006 1:34:00 PM) Post reply

you're pretty stupid leave remember the prussian army when they went through and decimated the platoons leave stupid shithead and by the way that is not me it is someone else

• David Lewis Paget Rookie - 1st Stage (1/10/2006 8:59:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Your description sounds very much like 'The Highwayman' by Alfred Noyes, a great old English poem. Cheers, David Lewis Paget

• nyki mb (1/9/2006 2:26:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

looking for something called 'Desiderata'. ur help is appreciated.

Replies for this message:
    • R Lee Rookie - 1st Stage (1/12/2006 5:55:00 PM) Post reply

I think maybe you're looking for the piece by Max Ehrmann? It starts out 'Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence'. You can find a copy of it at: http: // ... more

• Ernestine Northover Rookie - 1st Stage (1/9/2006 3:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Two poems with 'desiderata' in them, Boys Dream by Todd Garland and Confusing Chat by Gil Gregorio Sr. One mentions about lines from Desiderata but that's all I can help you with and it's probably no ... more

[Hata Bildir]