Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Ryan Ely (3/20/2006 6:25:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I have read this in a book called 'Dale Carnegie's Lifetime Plan for Success.' I am not sure if this is just one of those poems where everyone says it but no one person can take responsiblity for creating it, or if I am not searching hard enough. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the latter is the case here. Please tell me the writer and title of this poem if that is possible.

Twice I did bad, and that I heard ever;
    Once I did good, and that I heard never.

• Rookie Ryan Ely (3/20/2006 6:25:00 PM) Post reply

I have read this in a book called 'Dale Carnegie's Lifetime Plan for Success.' I am not sure if this is just one of those poems where everyone says it but no one person can take responsiblity for creating it, or if I am not searching hard enough. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the latter is the case here. Please tell me the writer and title of this poem if that is possible.

Twice I did bad, and that I heard ever;
    Once I did good, and that I heard never.

• Rookie Julie Hill (3/17/2006 5:00:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for the author of this poem/song which was sung by a miner's choir, the night before many were killed in a pit disaster. So ironic.

Sleep comrades Sleep give no thought to the weary tomorrow
    Sleep on my lads, in the dreamer's haunts to roam, rest undisturbed
    For the moment forget your sorrow, sleep comrades, sleep.

Blow, blow thou wintry winds to make my body shiver
    Tell me of what you sing, who will cross the unknown river
    What will the morning bring, comrades I fear me,
    There's sorrow coming for you and me
    But if you'll cheer me, better to wait and see
    Sleep my comrades sleep.

• Rookie Betsy Andersen (3/13/2006 12:14:00 PM) Post reply

Am looking for the author of the poem -

Far away the night has fallen and the twilight homelights calling
    And from open door and window they will greet me as I come.
    All the years have turned to hours all the tears to wayside flowers.
    I'm one of those who wander down the village street at home.

Noticed that another member asked for the author of the same poem so hopefully
    someone will know the answer. Thanks!

• Rookie S Bannasch (3/8/2006 11:07:00 AM) Post reply

Looking for a poem my husband learned in junior high school from an elderly nun. Goes something like: Whoosh, that is the sound of the surf....... it leaves dried dead things at my door. He always thought it was by Keats but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for any help.

• Rookie Filip Cazner (3/8/2006 8:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

please help! It's a male/female duet, probably from '70-'80. It's very slow and lyrics goes something like this: Do you love me? (female singer ask) Yes, I love you more than words can say, I love you, yes I do. (male singer responde) . Than again lady ask's: Do you need me? I need you more the words can say, I need you yes I do. First lady ask's all this and guy respond and later they change places. It's veeery slow and veeery touchy. thx

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Tiamat Bathory (2/9/2007 4:23:00 PM) Post reply

Hello filip, the name of the song is: 'Do you love me'. The song is produced in the year 1974. The name of the singer is Dave Dee E Mea Cat. http: //www2.uol.com.br/cante/lyrics/Dave_Dee_e_Mea_Cat_-_D ... more

• Rookie Danny Anderson (3/5/2006 2:04:00 AM) Post reply

I've been trying to find a poem that I read a couple years ago. The poem was about a man who was riding a horse when he saw a woman. The woman was a stranger and he became enfatuated with her. Even though the man talks about the great qualities of this woman he never speaks with her. The poem ends with the man left to his thoughts of what might have been. Any help would be appreciated.

• Rookie Lamiaa Gamal (3/4/2006 7:10:00 AM) Post reply

Dear all,
    How are you? I'm Lamiaa Gamal, a student in M.A.preliminary year in English literature.I search for an English poem its main subject is Egypt.Can anybody help me? Thank you very much.
    My best regards

• Rookie George Hale (2/27/2006 9:41:00 AM) Post reply

Can anyone identify(and provide the remainder of the poem) with these lines:
    'Make the most of every day leave no deed undone'-'the mill will never grind with the water -? which has run-
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. George

• Rookie Philippa Lane (2/25/2006 12:30:00 PM) Post reply

Does anyone know the whole words to this poem? A friend asked me for it -

If to your home and friends you're true,
    And render unto all their due,
    Learn to be loving tender..
    And scatter sunshine all the way.

[Hata Bildir]