Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Cecilia Walker (5/22/2005 9:59:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I am looking for a poem with the opening lines along the lines of'There is a shyness we have with someone we love'....and somewhere in the poem it says'For love is quiet and love is kind'....cant think of poet and it is one of my FAVOURITES!

• Donald Paterson (5/22/2005 7:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I am looking for a poem I studied at school. Can't remember the title or the author, though. All I recall is that it was about sailors eventually making landfallon an island. they dragged their boat up on the sand. That's all I know! I remember the atmosphere of the poem, an exotic mystery, but nothing else. can anyone help me?

• Kellyjaz King (5/20/2005 3:18:00 PM) Post reply Stage

hi iam looking for a poems by tearsofpearls

• Tessa McNickle (5/20/2005 12:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I'm trying to look for a poem about nature that has the phase 'The flowers seemed dusty, their colors muted to gray.

Thanks to the people who give me help

Replies for this message:
  • Shau Sha (5/18/2005 6:33:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I've somehow, just managed to discover this site, don't know why I hadn't before. Anyway, it's fabulous. Not looking for a specific poem, but I am looking for suggestions as to a poem of short to mdeium length that I could use to say goodbye to my current place of work.

If it has humour and a poignancy then all the better. Suggestions? Offers to write one? I have four weeks to achieve this :)

• Betty Jones (5/17/2005 5:21:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Trying to identify the poem quoted by Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday - 'If I were dead and buried and I heard your voice, my heart of dust beneath the sod would still rejoice.' The poem searches produce thousands of results, and the film sites are no help. My sister has been wanting to know about this poem for a long time.

• Chris White (5/14/2005 10:30:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Im looking for a poem i heard years ago, it is about a boy who is drunk, and is with a girl, and tries to go farther than she wanted, and he gets mad and drives wrecklessly. He then gets in an accident, and i think it was the boy who regains consciousness and finds out the people in the other car were one of their parents. Forgive the vague details, as it has been many years. Thanks for your time.

• Sue Casey (5/13/2005 11:41:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I should add It is called ' The Parable of Immortality'
    sorry I mispelled your name (Ellen)

• Ellen Heyn (5/12/2005 1:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Like many others I am seeking a poem for a memorial service. I have searched 114 poems of Henry VanDyke, the poet but cannot locate his beautiful allusion to a ship sailing away. The last line refers to the far shore and people there saying 'her she comes'. I think this is a commonly used poem on funeral bulletins.

• Sue Casey (5/13/2005 11:43:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I just posted that poem under Niki Clarkes name, the other day. It was chosen by my sister for her funeral last year when she died of Ovarian cancer. I believe they use it as some kind of call to vi ... more

• Lucy Ellis (5/11/2005 5:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I am looking for poems to use for Choral Speaking with primary students aged 10 and 11. Any ideas?

• Mary Ramey (10/11/2005 9:01:00 AM) Post reply Stage

'Night Esemble' by A.L.Breitling. It is all worked out for voices. I think 6 levels. Brilliant. I will contact the executors of her estate and see if they can post it here.

[Hata Bildir]