Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Steve O (9/26/2013 1:29:00 AM) Post reply

I know exactly who wrote that poem. It was written by a guy in my sociology class at Foothill College back in May of 2002. His name was David Otero. He went to Foothill College at that time and wrote it for a Sociology assignment. Don't remember exactly what the assignment was but I know exactly who wrote it. He was a totally funny guy. Surprised everyone when he read it to the class. Completely showed another side of himself. Not too many guys I know write like that. If anyone knows of his whereabouts, give him a shout-out! And you know prof's make sure that it was not plagiarized.

• Thu Nguyen (9/25/2013 9:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, can you please help me to find the writer's name for this poem, its starts with these lines:

" I closed my eyes, didn’t want to see
    Believed the lies you said to me
    You played a game, I played along
    But now I know I was not the only one

You treated me just like a fool
    I was in love, you shake my soul
    The way you touched, I never knew before
    Can’t lose you, no, don’t close the door"

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (9/26/2013 4:19:00 PM) Post reply

Those are the lyrics to the song " Love Is Blind" by Herman Rarebell, performed by the Scorpions.

• Alan Wheadon (9/24/2013 4:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello, can you help please. I'm trying to find the name of the writer of a poem which starts with the lines:

Where is he now I cannot say
    The world has many a place of light
    Perhaps the sun's eyelashes dance
    On his, to give them both delight,

• Laura Burns (9/24/2013 9:44:00 AM) Post reply

W. H. Davies wrote this poem, entitled " Where She Is Now."

• Betty Woody (9/22/2013 3:51:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem that has " pacman eating pills and chasing ghosts" could anyone help please. Thank you

• Willis Oreilly (9/21/2013 4:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

it was sung by 5th dimention my spelling is not good it was left on a church door 17th century no name on it called desarata

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Cindi Willig (9/15/2013 7:35:00 PM) Post reply

I had to learn a poem for school back in the late 1970's. I can not remember if it was in a text book or a book of poetry for elementary children. The poem was, if I remember correctly, called " The Smell of Wood Smoke" . I believe it started out " Wood smoke has the nicest smell and lots of stories it can tell" . I think another part was something like " lovers holding hands and making plans" or " dreaming dreams and making plans" . Every fall, I think of this poem and start searching anew. Thank you for time and help.

• Kyla Perry (9/15/2013 12:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi. My Gran (90 yrs) remembers learning this part of a poem, she thinks the author was Allan Paton, or Allan Junior, please help. Gran can remember the following: some men thank God for the day that is done, but I thank him rather for one begun, for the chance to live as I know I should, and with his good grace as I know I could. So I face the world each morn anew, glad of the work I have to do. The work that tests and trains and try's what manner of spirit within me lies. The work that shows to the men I meet the man I shall be at the Judgement seat.

• Laura Burns (9/15/2013 5:20:00 PM) Post reply

Here is the poem: THE NEW DAY Some men thank God for a day that is done; I thank Him rather for one begun, For the chance to live as I feel I should, And with His good grace, as I know ... more

• Georgia Bentley (9/12/2013 7:19:00 AM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem I studied a few years ago. I can't remember specific lines, nor title nor author, but the poem was centered around a library, possibly after the end of the world, I think there was mention of humans having left earth, and it was about the decay of the books and how it was being forgotten. Any ideas?

• Jordan Wilson (9/10/2013 8:24:00 PM) Post reply

Hi all,

Looking for a poem my Grandfather recited to me many years ago - can't recall verse, structure or author, only a vague outline of the content. A big ask I know, but I have tried typing the general premise in to various search engines without any success, so I come to this community on my knees. Please help!

The poem is about a young boy excited to be given a slingshot or air rifle, he then takes it outside and kills a sparrow. The big line is something about him wounding his own heart with the weapon. Will be very thankful to whoever can figure this out.

Many thanks,
    Jordan

• Abubakar Abdulkadir (9/10/2013 5:10:00 AM) Post reply

DEFLOWERED GIRL
    I wish an angel descend the sky
    To save my juvenile body
    From the yab of these beasts
    Who played hide and seek
    With my pride
    Will i again ever have my say
    In the midst of my peers
    When i no more can lay claim