Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Jack Sullivan (10/1/2013 10:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

What's a good poem that can be read in 6 minutes?

Replies for this message:
    • Ellen Diamond (10/2/2013 9:45:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Try " Two Tramps in Mud Time" by Robert Frost. It has lots of wisdom and if read slowly enough, reaches close to 6 minutes.

• Mike Acker (10/1/2013 11:23:00 AM) Post reply Stage

What does " online" mean next to a poem you have published?

• Runzhi Chen (10/1/2013 7:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Does anyone know that a famous poem describes the a person walks through a very historical city and the petrels falls down and fly in the air?Very beautiful. it makes you feel like you are right now walking in the scene. But I forget the name of it. Help me find it please!

• Laura Burns (10/5/2013 11:33:00 AM) Post reply Stage

The only poem I know about petrels is " The Song of the Stormy Petrels" by Maxim Gorky, in which the petrel symbolizes the Russian Revolution

• Indranil Bhaduri (9/30/2013 11:03:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Respected fellow poets. I would be most happy if you read through my simple poem 'End Of Existence' which is written regarding Female infanticide. The link is given below. Please vote and comment. With good wishes to all.

http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/end-of-existence/

• Shirley Wilson (9/30/2013 9:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

I am looking for an old poem called " A Little Boys Kiss" What I can remember of it goes " A little boys kiss is a transient thing, a rose in full bloom, a moth on the wing"

• Shirley Wilson (10/3/2013 1:00:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Laura I can't believe you found it! Thank you SO much. I had saved this poem in my sons baby book so many years ago. The book was lost as he grew and moved several times. Now I have great grandsons an ... more

• Laura Burns (10/2/2013 4:28:00 PM) Post reply Stage

A LITTLE BOY'S KISS by L. Dutter A little boy's kiss ia a transient thing, A rose in full bloom; a moth on the wing. One kiss is spontaneous, flavored with milk Another is sleep-covered, tex ... more

• Jazmine Demore (9/30/2013 5:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I'm looking for a poem called old snake

• Laura Burns (9/30/2013 7:53:00 PM) Post reply Stage

OLD SNAKE by Pat Mora Old Snake knows. Sometimes you feel you just can't breath in your own tight skin. Old Vibora says, " Leave those doubts and hurts buzzing like flies in your ears. ... more

• Heidi Weston (9/29/2013 12:39:00 PM) Post reply Stage

It was either in Harper's or the Atlantic Monthly several years ago. I believe the poet was a man. I can't remember it, but there is imagery I recall:

Something about how hugging sister had some bunting, buffer to keep them separated, safe. But hugging brother was (something) like: a fall off a cliff requiring wings.

The ending imagery was of soot or ash in the air. Rising from a chimney. Perhaps like a bird of some kind.

I can't really remember more than this.

• Ernesto Cruz Ramirez (9/26/2013 12:15:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi
    Im looking for a poem than I read recently, but I forget the name of the poem and the autor
    It's about a girl who misses a man
    She describes the man and how much she love and miss him
    The poem is really long, is one of the most long poem i've read
    I'm waiting for your help
    Thanks

• Steve O (9/26/2013 1:30:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Sorry all! That was supposed to be posted for the " I do believe the lord above" Poem forum.

• Steve O (9/26/2013 1:29:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I know exactly who wrote that poem. It was written by a guy in my sociology class at Foothill College back in May of 2002. His name was David Otero. He went to Foothill College at that time and wrote it for a Sociology assignment. Don't remember exactly what the assignment was but I know exactly who wrote it. He was a totally funny guy. Surprised everyone when he read it to the class. Completely showed another side of himself. Not too many guys I know write like that. If anyone knows of his whereabouts, give him a shout-out! And you know prof's make sure that it was not plagiarized.

[Hata Bildir]