Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Sean Nick (12/8/2013 2:55:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi! I am not really trying to find a poem, more or less certain aspects of it, the poem is, We are the time. We are the famous, by Jorge Luis Borges, and I cannot seem to find a few things:

-Publishing Date
    -Meter of the poem
    -Rhyme scheme

Could any of you help me out, or point me in the right direction?
    it would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

• Rookie - 42 Points Mary Amrutha (12/6/2013 3:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

can any one help me find the poem Coleridge Johnson i even googled it but couldn't find the poem... it will be very kind of you, if you help me in finding that poem

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie Paul R (12/5/2013 7:36:00 PM) Post reply

Hi there.
    I need help trying to find, what i think is a poem. I heard it once about 20 years ago and loved it but it has almost all gone from my memory.
    The poem I believe starts when the writer wakes and a glass falls to the ground. The next lines all lead into each other. I think it goes something like.
    The writer wakes and knocks over a glass that falls to the floor and then the writer follows and it leads into each previous event
    I know I am not being very clear but could someone help.

Please

• Rookie Vicki Austad (12/5/2013 10:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Here is the poem I'm wondering about. I think my mum wrote it but I'm not sure.
    The first verse goes;
    I wonder if the chipmunks know
    When everything is filled with snow
    And night starts falling very fast
    That Christmas time is here at last?.

There are two more verses which I will send if necessary. Is this poem familiar to anyne?

• Rookie Laura Burns (12/5/2013 8:57:00 PM) Post reply

That poem has been anthologized, in Christmas Stories by Merrigold Press and in A Little Christmas Treasury: Three Story Poems for the Holiday Season by Western Publishing Co.

• Rookie Misty Poush (11/28/2013 8:19:00 AM) Post reply

Hello!

I'm looking for a poem that's about words. The general concept and I think part of the form, went like this:

The XXXXX have 43 words for love
    The YYYYY have 6 words for mutually beneficial
    The ZZZZ have 14 words for friendship

I think the general concept was regarding love, but I'm not sure.

I recalled these two poems while looking for the one above, so these are NOT it:
    The Forgotten Dialect of the Heart by Jack Gilbert
    Words For It – A Poem By Julia Cameron

Thank you so much!

• Rookie Rose Howell (11/27/2013 3:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey all I am looking for a Thanksgiving poem that I was taught back in 1967, all I remember is:
    Oh Mr turkey so handsome and fat,
    You walk around the barn yard,
    This way and that......

Please help thanks

• Rookie Laura Burns (11/28/2013 12:58:00 PM) Post reply

Old Mr. Turkey so handsome and fat; Struts round the barnyard this way and that. He talks so important and in such a loud tone, Whether he's with folks or whether he's alone. If he knew the ... more

• Rookie Jacquelyn Davis (11/27/2013 1:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a poem about Abe Lincoln's mother Nancy Hanks. The first line is " If Nancy Hanks came back as a ghost, seeking news of what she loved most. She would ask first, where's my son? Whats' happened to Abe?What's he done?I had to memorize this in elementary school. Does anyone know this poem or the author?Thanks for any help

• Rookie Laura Burns (11/27/2013 2:22:00 PM) Post reply

NANCY HANKS by Rosemary Benet If Nancy Hanks Came back as a ghost, Seeking news Of what she loved most, She'd ask first " Where's my son? What's happened to Abe? What's he done?" ... more

• Rookie Tom R (11/26/2013 9:54:00 AM) Post reply

Looking for a Thanksgiving children's poem that many elementary students in the 1950s and 1960s were required to memorize in school. The lines I remember are " Tom Turkey was worried, late news made him quake. Thanksgiving he heard, meant his life was at stake." The poem goes on to tell how he decided to go on a diet to save his life. If anyone is familiar with this poem, please post or contact me. Thank you.

• Rookie Doug De Regnier (11/23/2013 7:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a Poem for my Dad all he can remember is " The Indian summer time has come the fairest of all the year" I think I have read every poem about Indian summer but cant find it. I am sure it is an old poem my grandmother used to recite it to him when he was a boy. Any help would be great.

• Rookie Laura Burns (11/24/2013 5:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

INDIAN SUMMER by M. L. Baum The Indian Summer time has come, The sweetest of all the year, The water's hue is a loving blue, The sunny air is so warm and fair, The skies are calm and clear ... more

• Rookie Peter Schulling (11/23/2013 5:36:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for the title and author for the poem below. It is recited in German in the Japanese film Megane. The translation from the subtitles is also below.
    Thanks!

Mir ist bewusst was Freiheit bedeutet
    Folge dem Wege geradeaus,
    meide die Tiefen des Meeres,
    doch hab ich solch Wort hinter mir gelassen.
    Der Mond scheinet auf jedem Wege,
    wie die in der Dunkelheit wie Diamanten schwimmenden Fische;
    heiß wie durch Zufall Mensch - und hier bin ich.
    Was hatte ich zu befürchten,
    mit was zu kämpfen,
    bald ist es Zeit die Lasten zu legen.
    Erteile mir noch mehr Kraft,
    Kraft zur Liebe.
    Mir ist bewusst was Freiheit bedeutet,
    mir ist bewusst was Freiheit bedeutet.

I know what Freedom is.
    Follow the path straight ahead.
    Keep out of the ocean deeps
    I have left such words behind me
    The Moon shines upon all paths
    like Fish who swim like Diamonds in the Dark
    Called a human being by chance – so here I am
    What did I have to fear?
    Against what was I struggling?
    It’s time for me to lay down my heavy load.
    Give me even more strength,
    Strength to love.
    I know what Freedom is.
    I know what Freedom is.

[Hata Bildir]