Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Nupur Gupta Rookie - 1st Stage (10/2/2013 11:26:00 AM) Post reply

i'm looking for a poem posted by someone in the on-going contest on this site. It was about bridge and a castle of clay crumbling down and finding yourself and your place. i don't remember the name of the poem only that it had the word " Bridge" in it. I know it's not much to go by but I really hope to find this poem.. It was the best entry among all I read.

• Ellen Diamond Rookie - 1st Stage (10/2/2013 9:08:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I can't seem to locate a poem by William Packard that sounded something like: " Everything is going to be all right, and even if it isn't, everything is going to be all right." Can anyone help?

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (10/3/2013 10:24:00 AM) Post reply

The poem by William Packard: benediction everything's going to be all right and even if everything isn't going to be alright everything's still going to be all right

• Ernesto Cruz Ramirez Rookie - 1st Stage (10/1/2013 11:17:00 PM) Post reply

there's a way to search poems by date
    I'm looking for one poem from 15 or 16 of september
    It's about a girl who misses a man
    She describes the man and how much she love and miss him
    The poem is really long, is one of the most long poem i've read

• Jack Sullivan Rookie - 1st Stage (10/1/2013 10:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What's a good poem that can be read in 6 minutes?

• Ellen Diamond Rookie - 1st Stage (10/2/2013 9:45:00 AM) Post reply

Try " Two Tramps in Mud Time" by Robert Frost. It has lots of wisdom and if read slowly enough, reaches close to 6 minutes.

• Mike Acker Rookie - 1st Stage (10/1/2013 11:23:00 AM) Post reply

What does " online" mean next to a poem you have published?

• Runzhi Chen Rookie - 1st Stage (10/1/2013 7:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Does anyone know that a famous poem describes the a person walks through a very historical city and the petrels falls down and fly in the air?Very beautiful. it makes you feel like you are right now walking in the scene. But I forget the name of it. Help me find it please!

• Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (10/5/2013 11:33:00 AM) Post reply

The only poem I know about petrels is " The Song of the Stormy Petrels" by Maxim Gorky, in which the petrel symbolizes the Russian Revolution

• Indranil Bhaduri Rookie - 1st Stage (9/30/2013 11:03:00 PM) Post reply

Respected fellow poets. I would be most happy if you read through my simple poem 'End Of Existence' which is written regarding Female infanticide. The link is given below. Please vote and comment. With good wishes to all.

http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/end-of-existence/

• Shirley Wilson Rookie - 1st Stage (9/30/2013 9:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I am looking for an old poem called " A Little Boys Kiss" What I can remember of it goes " A little boys kiss is a transient thing, a rose in full bloom, a moth on the wing"

• Shirley Wilson Rookie - 1st Stage (10/3/2013 1:00:00 AM) Post reply

Laura I can't believe you found it! Thank you SO much. I had saved this poem in my sons baby book so many years ago. The book was lost as he grew and moved several times. Now I have great grandsons an ... more

• Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (10/2/2013 4:28:00 PM) Post reply

A LITTLE BOY'S KISS by L. Dutter A little boy's kiss ia a transient thing, A rose in full bloom; a moth on the wing. One kiss is spontaneous, flavored with milk Another is sleep-covered, tex ... more

• Jazmine Demore Rookie - 1st Stage (9/30/2013 5:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem called old snake

• Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (9/30/2013 7:53:00 PM) Post reply

OLD SNAKE by Pat Mora Old Snake knows. Sometimes you feel you just can't breath in your own tight skin. Old Vibora says, " Leave those doubts and hurts buzzing like flies in your ears. ... more

• Heidi Weston Rookie - 1st Stage (9/29/2013 12:39:00 PM) Post reply

It was either in Harper's or the Atlantic Monthly several years ago. I believe the poet was a man. I can't remember it, but there is imagery I recall:

Something about how hugging sister had some bunting, buffer to keep them separated, safe. But hugging brother was (something) like: a fall off a cliff requiring wings.

The ending imagery was of soot or ash in the air. Rising from a chimney. Perhaps like a bird of some kind.

I can't really remember more than this.

[Hata Bildir]