Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Angela Landry (11/2/2013 6:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I looking for the title and or author for a poem I found on a tombstone, the lines are as follows:
    But why it was that the whole world wasted
    This you will know when they count the tears
    After the dust of the grave is tasted
    After this noise of years

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Laura Burns (11/2/2013 7:40:00 PM) Post reply

It is part of a longer poem: VIRGILIA by Edwin Markham I Had we two gone down the world together, I had made fair ways for the feet of Song, And the world s fang been but a foam-soft ... more

• Rookie Ebin Binkley (11/2/2013 6:41:00 AM) Post reply

I remember this poem as a child. It is from a very large book of classic poems. The poem its about sleep. It may be 6 to 10 lines long. The line that I can't get out of my head is " the wicked take 11" or something to that effect. It also references other amounts of sleep and their effect or merit. Help me please....

• Rookie Mincheol So (10/29/2013 2:41:00 PM) Post reply

need help with finding the poem it has lines of " i smile to think of you i sleep to dream of u i live to wait for u" i though it is dome of love by skasphere, googlefound no result
    please help

• Rookie Emma Wright (10/23/2013 10:51:00 PM) Post reply

I need help finding a poem! I heard it at an open mic night tonight and didn't think to take down the poets name. I did, however, write down a line from the poem. " I wonder where you go when I'm missing you the most." I really wanted to revisit this poem so If anyone could help me out that would be fantastic! !

• Rookie Paul Thomas (10/21/2013 9:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I've been searching for a certain verse that been in my head for decades but can't find. I could not have dreamt it up. It starts like this: When you've mastered all the methods, penetrated all the ways by which those who were successful, justified their claim to praise...

I only joined poem hunter.com today; is there anyone out there that recognizes it? It would be such a treat to have the rest of it. Thanks!

• Rookie Laura Burns (10/22/2013 10:23:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

TEACHING When you've mastered all the methods Penetrated all the ways, Where in those who were successful Justified their claim to praise... Very precious the possession Of the technique an ... more

• Rookie Gloria Patterson (10/18/2013 11:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

2nd request, please someone help: I'm looking for a very old poem, believe the name was " Needless Worry" basically about someone worrying about something, then in the end they find that what they were worrying about didn't happen to begin with, so they wasted all that time worrying about nothing.

• Rookie Laura Burns (10/19/2013 9:22:00 PM) Post reply

Look at the poem " Borrowing - From the French" by Ralph Waldo Emerson, may be the one you want.

• Rookie - 0 Points Joaquin Santana (10/17/2013 10:11:00 PM) Post reply

looking for a different poem?Check out " The Dungeon and Demons" .

• Rookie - 97 Points Indranil Bhaduri (10/15/2013 11:07:00 PM) Post reply

Respected fellow poets. I would be most happy if you read through my simple poem 'End Of Existence' which is written regarding Female infanticide. The link is given below. Please vote and comment. With good wishes to all.

http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/end-of-existence/

• Rookie Sherri Dirks (10/15/2013 12:59:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi! I'm looking for a poem that one of my resident recites. I don't think she says all of it, in fact I know she doesn't, and I don't think she even starts at the first of it. Any help would be lovely. Her family would like a copy of it. She begins, " The day he came a woo-ing was wonderful to me, " then she gets a little off track and visits a bit and then start again, " Twas hard to think a man like he could make a noise so loud! It rose and fell at first it was soft like a????and then became a train whistle's shriek! I poke him gently and say, 'Turn over, Darling, your sleeping on your back."
    This lady is old enough that she doesn't remember where she got the poem or who the author may be. Would be wonderful if someone would have a clue to help us. Thanks in advance!

• Rookie Laura Burns (10/15/2013 4:40:00 PM) Post reply

THE SNORING HUSBAND The day he came a-wooing, Says his most devoted wife, I used to think 'twould easy be With him to spend my life; His speech was, oh, so gentle, And so tall and straight ... more

• Rookie Shabbir Malik (10/12/2013 1:04:00 PM) Post reply

Hi
    i am new to this forum and this is my 1st post.
    i am looking for a poem/nazm by JOSH MALIHABADI in which he remebers his youth.
    " mujhje besakhta apni javani yaad aati hai"
    any help will be appreciated.
    Malik

[Hata Bildir]