Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Winter Night (7/28/2013 5:04:00 AM) Post reply

A line from a poem is sticking in my head and I can't find out what the poem is using Google search. The line is
    " I hear a voice, is it my own?"
    Anyone have an idea what it is?

• A Michaelle Yarbrough (7/27/2013 5:35:00 PM) Post reply

I have been on the site a couple of days now. I hope that you read my poems and enjoy them. Thank you

• Helen Mathieson (7/26/2013 2:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, hoping someone can help me... I don't know the title or author but can remember several chunks of the poem - I'd be so grateful if someone recognises it and could tell me who it's by.............I think it starts............On those long afternoons in the bed by the door in the Clement Atlee ward, when even lucozade cannot replace lost energy.........do you think that you think of the things you did, or didn't do, the words unspoken, the cheek unkissed.....lust, was it, or love?Was it false or true? Who cares now, dying you'll grieve for the things you didn't do (there are certainly chunks missing as I can't remember all of it!) .........take any chance you get, for if you take it or you leave it, you'll end up with regret...... Not sure I can think of any more but would be eternally grateful if someone knows this poem. Thank you...

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Suzanne Nelson (7/25/2013 9:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My father passed away recently and my mother is having the following line she remembered from a poem, " Somewhere in the darkness, love, your hand will still find mine" engraved on his grave marker.She can no longer find her copy of the poem and I would love to locate a copy for her. I don't know if the line is exactly how it was written in the poem. I suspect it might be the last line of the poem. I would appreciate any help you can give me with this.

• Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2013 10:08:00 PM) Post reply

MY VOW TO LOVE by Thomas Kinkade When time has stolen away our stars And only the night endures Yet somewhere in the darkness, love, My hand will still seek yours. When youth has danced its ... more

• Calvin Romrell (7/23/2013 9:56:00 PM) Post reply

The poem had some of the following lines. I learned it in high school over 35 years ago. What follows is all that I can remember:

There are some who wait for their ship to come in, for their ship to come in from the sea.
    This question they ask, as they watch and they wait, will my ship come in for me?

• Tim Kossow (7/23/2013 5:23:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a poem I once read online for a few hours now, without luck. So I hope someone here might help me.

I was experiencing Sleep Paralysis, also known as the " Old Hag" Syndrome a while back, got online to find out what it was and found the answers I'm looking for. I also found a poem, which impressed me. Too bad I didn't write it down.

I'm working on a idea for a film script about this phenomenon, since a lot of people know it and it's such a dramatic experience. Still, only few are actually educating themselves about it or talk about it.

Anyway... I can only remember a few things about the poem. The thing that resonated with me the most was the end, it went something like this:

" I light a candle in my room,

It's quiet, no one's there,

I'm alone."

I'd really like to incorporate this peom into the script, but I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help!

• Tim Kossow Rookie - 1st Stage (7/23/2013 5:25:00 AM) Post reply

P.S.: It was an old poem (hence the candle) , so nothing 21st century or even the second half of the 20th century I guess. Thanks!

• Klaas Chaos K Senamela (7/23/2013 2:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Beautiful poem, I've posted a poem Last Night and when i share its link to people, they tell me that the link doesn't take them to the poem. So i used the link also and they are correct it says 'Not found' even on google when i search for the poem it is there but when i click on the Title it says 'Not found'. So please help me out on what could be the problem?

• Vizard Dhawan Rookie - 1st Stage (7/23/2013 1:17:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

a poem line was
    behold her single in the field
    yon solitary highland lass

please help me getting this poem

• Linley Choat Rookie - 1st Stage (7/22/2013 11:56:00 PM) Post reply

Can anyone help me find a poem my granmother used to recite The first line was...Alaska was like the breezes that blow from the top of her head to her tiny toes
    At the end of the poem she dies in someones arms

• Crystal Germadnig Rookie - 1st Stage (7/16/2013 2:11:00 PM) Post reply

Hiyas,
    I'm seeking a poem that I had to read in high school..i believe its fairly old but I can't recall for sure...its essentially listing things about the night that are more tempting then the day and I think its asking if the night is meant for rest and repose why make it more lovely than the day..I would greatly appreciate any information in regards to my so far futile hunt! Thank you so much =)

[Hata Bildir]