Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • B Glass (2/7/2013 5:41:00 PM) Post reply

Hi. Philip Booth wrote a poem titled " A Few Riffs for Hayden, Sitting with His Horn." I am trying to find out if the poem was published in any of Booth's books.

It is not in his " Selves" , " Available Light, " or " Margins."

I've plowed through the Granger poetry indexes and did not find " A Few Riffs..." in any of the volumes, through 2007.

Thank you

• Din All (2/7/2013 8:38:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, I am looking for a poem from years ago, but I don't have much to go on..
    I'm pretty sure it starts with something like....

'Don't make me say your name again....' then says something about finding your face in the crowd.

I have been SOOO close to saying the poets name out loud but just can't spit it out... it's right on the tip of my tongue!

Thank you in advance! !

• Matthew Esquivel (2/6/2013 6:26:00 PM) Post reply

Looking for a poem I read back in my high school days. Don't know the Poet's name. The poem has makes references to 'a man hanging from a noose envying a man fumbling for his gun'. It also mentions a unicorn.
    Please help!

• Arron Fowler (2/6/2013 7:51:00 AM) Post reply

Hey guys
    I have been writing poetry for a month and have only just really started.
    It would be greatly appreciated if people could read some of my poems, review them and give me some advice.
    As i would like to advance my skills as a writer.
    Thankyou

• Teresa Walker (2/3/2013 7:20:00 AM) Post reply

I am desperately trying to find a poem! I do not know the poet's name, and I am not absolutley certain I have the title correct, but if this is not the title, it is definitely one of the main lines. " Not Without My Boys" , is a poem written from a mother's point of view. It is a Christian poem, where a mother is saying, she cannot go to heaven, " not without my boys" . Could you please help me with this?Many thanks.

• Susan Wagner (1/31/2013 3:22:00 PM) Post reply

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am looking for a poem I heard at a funeral. I am not sure if it is a mother to son poem or just a parent to child. But it talked about when the child was little and how the child wanted to play and the parent said maybe later or not now or something like that. It was all about wishing you had back all the times you told your child not now, maybe later etc. it was really sad but it was a good poem and I would like to find it.

• Andy Prout (1/28/2013 7:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey all. I'm looking for works by T.S. Elliot. Are there any on this site?

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Kelly Parsons (1/27/2013 12:36:00 PM) Post reply

So this may seem odd, but I am trying to identify the writer of a poem that I may have written. I found the poem in a notebook, I wrote it there and dated it July 2009. What I don't remember is whether I composed it, or simply transcribed it from a book of poetry (which I sometimes do, if I find a poem that moves me) . Normally when I do this, I put the author of the poem next to the title, but I didn't do that in this case.
    It's really bothering me, because I like the poem, but don't want to claim it as my own work unless I'm certain.

If any one has heard of this poem or knows the poet, please let me know! I would be very relieved to know someone else wrote it, just to settle the uncertainty in my mind!

The Passing of a Girl
    The flowers bloomed so sweetly,
    On that April day,
    That on which she passeth,
    So softly like the wind.

Her brow no longer troubled,
    Her hands lay still and calm,
    The breath that she had taken,
    Was now to be her last.

Oh! – How sweet the calm,
    The peace she now contained.
    The troubles of life,
    Were now so far away.

That body so still and calm –
    Had found at last a peace,
    That only those before her,
    Had e’er the wisdom of.

• Sahana P. (1/25/2013 7:40:00 PM) Post reply

Does anyone know a few poems that are relatively long, have a good meaning, and are centered on the theme of getting past your losses or maybe a mature poem about loving someone deeply and letting them go because you know it wouldn't work out?Thanks so much!

• Helen Benoit (1/25/2013 2:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have been searching for this poem for over a decade. This site was recommended as THE source for poetry, so I have great hopes!
    The poem is about death and how it is like a great tall ship, how it leaves port to wailing and tears of those on shore and how the ship after crossing the horizon is awaited by smiles and cheer by those on 'the other side'. It doesn't reference death at the beginning.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...it is for a dying navy vet who would like it read at his funeral. Thanks.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (1/25/2013 8:12:00 PM) Post reply

Possibly this is it: I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stan ... more

[Hata Bildir]