Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Brian Naugher (6/10/2014 5:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a poem I read a while back concerning a daughter who promised her mother she would not drink and drive whilst at her friends party but is herself the victim of a drunk driver?

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (6/10/2014 9:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Here is one: " Somebody Should Have Taught Him" author: unknown I went to a party, And remembered what you said. You told me not to drink, Mom, so I had a Sprite instead. I fe ... more

• Keith Sifelani (6/9/2014 1:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a poem by Neruda that starts by saying:
    I dont love u except because i love u.

• Julian Clark (6/5/2014 6:16:00 AM) Post reply

I came across a poem in an anthology that praised a lady for her excellence as a translator.

English (!) approx 25 lines, rhyming couplets (pentameter) , approx 1650 - 1750, theme: the (English) lady's good qualities, but especially the art of translation.  
    Sadly, all those 'parameters' are fuzzy-edged. 

• Freddie Lind (5/24/2014 6:10:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem, I know it's something modern, like Beckman or Dickman.

It is sort of a minimalistic poem, and it goes something like this:

trees, and more trees
    and beyond the trees
    nothing but skies

It is longer than this, but these are the few fragments that I can still remember.

Would love your help, such a beautiful poem.

• Winifred Thorpe (5/16/2014 4:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

'I' m looking for funny poems for friends in hospital,

• Tweetspeak Poetry (5/18/2014 12:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What kind of funny poems were you hoping for?You could definitely pick up a copy of Shel Silverstein's 'Where the Sidewalk Ends.' It's children's poetry, but it's smart and funny. Or if your friend li ... more

• Muile Asteg (5/13/2014 10:43:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem about a woman that is visited by her dead lover, he takes her on his horse and they ride until they reach a graveyard where he's buried.

• Jake M (5/11/2014 11:08:00 PM) Post reply

Greetings. I'm trying desperately to find a poem I read in college about 4-5 years ago. I could've sworn it was titled " Marzipan." I seem to remember it was about a woman at some kind of party making chit-chat and blurts out that her mother commit suicide. That's all I have to go on, but I really would love to read this poem again (it still sticks out in my mind after all this time!)

Please help me find it. Thanks in advance.

• Dennis Mitchell (5/8/2014 4:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

" I'll lend for a little while
    A child of mine, " He Said.
    For You love thee while he lives
    And mourn for when he's dead.
    It may be six or seven years
    Or twenty-two or three,
    But will you, till I call him back,
    Take good care of him for me?
    He'll bring his charms to gladden you,
    And should his stay be brief,
    You'll have his lovely memories
    As solace for your grief.
    I cannot promise he will stay,
    For all from life returns,
    But there are lessons taught down there,
    I want this child to learn.
    I've looked the wide world over
    In my search for teachers true
    And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes
    I have selected you.
    Now will you give him all your love
    Nor think the labor vain
    Nor hate me when I come to call to
    Take him home Again

My wife's mom got this when (my wife's) brother drowned. Her mom (who has passed away) would give this to any family that lost a child. My wife found it and would like to know who wrote it.

Ty
    Dennis Mitchell

• Laura Burns (5/8/2014 4:52:00 PM) Post reply

It is by Edgar A. Guest and has some further lines: I fancied that I heard them say, 'Dear Lord, Thy will be done! ' For all the joys Thy child shall bring, The risk of grief we'll run. We'll ... more

• Julianna A. Laplante (5/7/2014 8:30:00 AM) Post reply

I need some help writing a comparison essay on two different poems. Can someone help me find two really good ones?PM me?and also please take a look at my poetry [3 I want to become really good so advice is needed :)

• Leon Wang (5/6/2014 7:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

when the last of our brains are gone, What nobler substitute than wine!
    Should be somewhere from the Childe Harald Pilgrimidge, but I cannot find exactly where

• Laura Burns (5/7/2014 1:29:00 PM) Post reply

You have the poet (Byron) right, but the line is from a different poem, " Lines Inscribed Upon a Cup Formed by a Skull."

To read all of 2 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]