Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rebecca Mikel (12/8/2009 6:16:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for the poem which was in the movie '4 Weddings and a Funeral' with Hugh Grant. It was the poem the young man read/recited at the funeral - one of the lines was something about 'My Sunday Best'. Any assistance would be so appreciated.

-Rebecca

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (12/10/2009 8:58:00 PM) Post reply

This is the poem: Funeral Blues by W. H. Auden Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone, Silence the pianos and with muffled drum Bring o ... more

• Amanda Mcalinn (12/7/2009 11:48:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem for my dad for Christmas. It is a poem he remembers hangin in his house as a child. The only thing he remembers about this poem is that it was written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and it said something about pointing the finger of blame. I want to find this poem asap and frame it for him for Christmas so if anyone knows any more information PLEASE let me know! !

Thanks! !

• Herbert Middleton (12/6/2009 11:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for the complete poem which I think was entitled 'Celebration of a Tree'. It contains the following lines:

I bow before your boughs, oh mighty tree,
    I open my heart to your heartwood.
    I rejoice in the soil of your soul;
    In the soul of your soil.
    Each of your leaf veins mirroring the veins in my leaf hand
    (For I am a yewman being as well as a human being...)

It was on a poetry site a few years ago and I think it was an Irish website. I've been trying for years to find it again with no luck.

• Laura Burns (12/8/2009 7:04:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is Celebrate Tree - Celebrity. It is at: http: //sacredgroves.druidry.org/sacredgrovesus/eisteddfod.html

• Ceecee Turner (12/5/2009 2:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

HI, This may sound crazy but I am looking for a poem that was on a poster from Spencers gifts. It was maybe 20 years ago..just curious to know if anyone heard of it...I cant remember the whole thing but what I do remember is... '''''Every moment that we are together, I am learning something, and knowledge becomes a permanent part of me. Even though my feelings will be different a year from now or ten years from now part of the difference is you'''''....Thats all I remember..anybody have a clue? ? ? ? ?

• Laura Burns (12/7/2009 7:24:00 PM) Post reply

You can find it here: http: //www.absolutelypoetry.com/author/larry-s-chengges/you-are-part.html

• blank blank (12/5/2009 12:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

the poem im looking for is a poem written by robert burns ive read a section of it in a novel. It goes like this 'if a body meet a body coming through the rye' thanks.

• blank blank (12/30/2009 3:58:00 PM) Post reply

thanks Laura youve always been a great help. I just saw your reply now, and the link seems to be out of date for some reason.thanks anyway

• Laura Burns (12/6/2009 3:26:00 PM) Post reply

It is on this site: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/comin-thro-the-rye/

• Michael Mykietyn (12/4/2009 10:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i have a paper due in my english 113 class.

instructions. compose a paper based on a piece of literature and how it is represented in a piece of art. it should show how the work of art is representative of the literature.

if you have any suggestions please help becuase i am stuck and connot find anything.

• Laura Burns (12/5/2009 4:39:00 PM) Post reply

You might look at this poem, then look up the image of the painting online, for your paper: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-man-with-the-hoe-written-after-seeing-millet/

• Katie A (12/3/2009 10:20:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Everyone,

i'm looking for a short, maybe one stanza, poem by a man. It had something to do with holding hands and walk through forests and trees and sand. The last line was something like 'and if he lets me, i'll hold it after death.' I read it in a cooking magazine once, it was engraved on some type of frame that you ordered. Please help, I want it for me wedding, but I can't find it! Thanks!

• Katie A (12/3/2009 10:14:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone,
    i'm looking for a poem, well actually it's a short one, that I saw in a cooking magazine once. It was written on some kind of frame that you send away for. Anyways it had something to do with holding hands and walking through forests and trees and having that person's hand after death. I would really like to use it for my wedding, but I can't find the magazine again! PLEASE HELP! ! ! !

• Laura Stenhouse (11/30/2009 5:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi everyone, I am looking for a poem i read in a book years ago after i had given birth to my son, it was a poem which descibed the feeling you have when your baby is given to you, i remember little bits of the poem, here they are if it jogs your memory at all please let me know! !

'I heard her before i saw her.....from naught recognition grew like a fine fillament between us......i swung in living darkness as i began the deepest listening of my life'

• Laura Burns (11/30/2009 3:00:00 PM) Post reply

That is from Rosamond Lehmann's book A Swan in the Evening: Fragments of an Inner Life.

• Desikan Srinivasan (11/28/2009 10:58:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem on fallen soldier, wherein it is beautifully narrated that the decisions the soldier took that led to his death was influenced by all the people he has met in his life.

[Hata Bildir]