Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Linden Willie (5/9/2011 11:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I used to have a poem on my wall that i have lost and can't seem to find it by searching websites. It had the theme of: a ship cannot sink if water doesn't get in, and we can't sin unless we let temptation in. or something similar to that. If any of you know the poem i'd love to hear from you. I believe it was by anon, or an unknown author?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Laura Burns (5/24/2011 12:32:00 PM) Post reply

I do not find the phrase within a poem itself, but I did find the phrase, plus a poem, in a sermon 'The Roaring Lion' by Charles Spurgeon: Remember, all the water outside of a ship cannot sink it. ... more

• Rookie Brittany Long (5/8/2011 10:09:00 PM) Post reply

I have met the man of my dreams. We r now living together and want to start a family. Does anyone know a good undying love poem? I want it to mean something.

• Rookie Victor Chmara (5/8/2011 12:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A French novel I read contains the epigraph 'Qui es-tu, toi, voyeur d'ombres? ', attributed to Dylan Thomas. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what the original English line is, and where it is from. It translates roughly to 'Who are you, you beholder of shadows? '

• Rookie Victor Chmara (5/8/2011 12:08:00 PM) Post reply

I should mention that the novel in question is Patrick Modiano's 'Villa Triste'. It has been translated into English, so if someone has a copy of the book, the original English line should be found th ... more

• Rookie Dwana Zahn (5/4/2011 10:27:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Can anyone help me find the poem ' Where my horse otta be' I first saw it in a playboy magazine in the late '70's. Thanks so much.

• Rookie Dwana Zahn (5/5/2011 12:22:00 PM) Post reply

That's it! Thanks so much

• Rookie Laura Burns (5/4/2011 12:02:00 PM) Post reply

Is this it? THREE NIGHTS DRUNK by Kristen Hirsch The first night that I come home So drunk I could not see Found a horse in my stable Where my horse oughta be Come here my little wifey ... more

• Rookie Barb Franch (5/1/2011 5:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My mother recently died. I recall a poem that used to be published in a memorial service booklet at the Reformed Jewish Temple where I attended when I was a teen. What I recall of the poem is
    There is no death, what we call death
    Is but a gentle sleep
    They wake not who slumber so
    Therefore we cry, we weep
    This may not be exact. The poem was 4 or 5 stanzas long. I cannot find it anywhere; internet searches have been in vain.
    Does anyone know anything about this.

• Rookie Laura Burns (5/2/2011 7:55:00 PM) Post reply

See whether this is it: http: //members.iglou.com/riplou/NoDeath.htm

• Rookie Sam Coleman (5/1/2011 6:42:00 AM) Post reply

does anyone have 'remember' by 'Elizabeth Jennings'? ... i can only remember the first few lines

• Rookie Niall Mcgrath (4/30/2011 4:34:00 PM) Post reply

Can anyone help me by letting me have Thom Gunn's poem 'Three'? I had it somewhere but can't find the book just now... Niall

• Rookie Maid Marian (4/28/2011 10:40:00 AM) Post reply

While tidying up in the garden today I could not get the following lines out of my head:

Don't pick me and dropp me the bluebell said;
    I'm happy just growing, don't want to be dead.

Can't find them online anywhere. Does anyone know if that's it, or who wrote the words?

• Rookie Sabrina Hudson (4/23/2011 6:00:00 AM) Post reply

Im looking for someone to write a very thoughtful, and deep poem for me. if interested please msg me. thank you

• Rookie Marilyn Meresmen (4/17/2011 12:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

does anyone know the answer to the author of this poem. Please respond to chatscke@aol.com. thank you please take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind
    Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves
    The haunted, frightened trees, bring me out to the windy beach
    Far from the twisted reach of my own crazy sorrow
    let us dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    both Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all bad memories and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let us forget about today until tomorrow.

On Apr 14,2011, at 2: 08 PM, Marilyn wrote:

[Hata Bildir]