Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Elysse Sison (3/5/2010 2:24:00 PM) Post reply

Hi! I'm looking for a poem I once read in one of my English textbooks back in high school. The poem was about the speaker coming across a lamb's carcass in a meadow. The only other thing I can remember about it was how this poem really touched my heart because the speaker showed such sadness for something that many people would not even pay a second thought for.

• Mark Mark (3/5/2010 7:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

hope you can help, getting married in the morning and am trying to find a poem,
    there is a line that goes something like this,
    'to see your lips complete the smile your eyes began',
    thank you, :)

Replies for this message:
    • Mark Mark (3/5/2010 11:58:00 AM) Post reply

laura, you are a star, I love you almost as my wife to be, thank you. xx

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (3/5/2010 11:42:00 AM) Post reply

Try this one: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/leisure/

• Krista Felek (2/28/2010 3:50:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I wonder if anyone can help, my 9 year old daugher had to learn The Housemaid's letter by Clare Bevan we also have to find another one that has a smiliar theme, i have searched for other poems about being in service, about leaving home, about missing home, about first jobs but am having no luck finding anything suitable. Can anyone help please? Many thanks

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (2/28/2010 4:23:00 PM) Post reply

I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but here is a poem about missing home, from World War I: In Flanders by F. W. Harvey I'm homesick for my hills again - My hills again! To see ... more

• Joanne Bogrett (2/25/2010 7:33:00 PM) Post reply

Any help identifying this poem, or piece of poem would be greatly appreciated. merci jmb

She is at her best when the wind blows strong
    Yet in calm waters, she is graceful, strong and beautiful
    No matter what the port, it is always her home
    yet she is home to many
    To catch a glimpse of her is to see elegance and beauty
    She has weathered mighty storms
    and while battered and shaken, her resolve is strong and her spirit is great
    She welcomes all and carries them within her safe, steady and purposeful
    Once they sail with her they are forever touched, forever hers
    The sea is her home and her love, she will always return it

• Jennifer Castle (2/22/2010 7:02:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I read many years ago. It is kind of similar to the Giving Tree in that this boy has this rose bush that would do anything for him. when he reaches his teen years he falls for this girl who is a bit materialistic and won't really have anything to do with him. There is one last rose on the rosebush but it is not red. He is convinced if he can get the rose bush to bleed into it and make it red the girl would have an interest. The rose bush tries to tell the boy otherwise. but she loves the boy so much she does and in doing so she dies. The boy goes to give the girl the rose and she refuses him anyway. That is the jist of the poem. I can't remember anything else about the poem.If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

• maggie murray (2/18/2010 3:35:00 PM) Post reply

Please can anyone remember a poem that starts something like this. Just see those clouds up yonder clouds have a lot to do
    and tomorrow theyll rain taters and rain us cabbage too.
    I cant remember anymore of it.
    Maggie

• blank blank (2/17/2010 6:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem which I read in primary. It was about the famous Australian bushranger Ned Kelly and his gang. It ended with him getting hanged.
    I am curious of it now because I don't believe I truly appreciated poetry in young age. Now I'm very intrested to read it again. All I remember is that it had the story of Ned Kelly in detail.

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Cherri Trump (2/16/2010 2:41:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I am looking for a poem from the early 1900's titled (I believe) 'Johnnie and Willie'. The author was 'Unknown'. It was about 2 brothers, Little Johnnie and Little Willie. It may even start out that way, with their names. I believe it is about one of them dying. I remember my father reciting it to me when I was young and just crying! I recently lost my Father and cannot find a copy of this poem in his books. If anyone has any idea where this poem may be or may have come from I would very much appreciate the info. Thank you so much.

• Jo Eva Freshman - 2nd Stage (3/8/2010 9:53:00 AM) Post reply

I recall the first 2 lines of a poem 'Close the shutters, Willie's dead, whom we loved so dear' - afraid that is all I can remember but wonder if that's what you are looking for.

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (2/16/2010 8:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Could this be it? TO A BEREAVED MOTHER. On the death of her two little boys (her all) . Oh, mother bereaved! from thy desolate hearth The treasures have vanish'd that bound thee to earth; T ... more

• Joseph Thomas (2/14/2010 11:40:00 PM) Post reply

I am fairly new to poetry and I was wondering if I could get some recomendations. Of what little poetry I have read I know I like older style stuff (Sir John Suckling for example) . Unfortunately, most of the older stuff I tried is all romantic poetry and I am not at a point in my life where I understand or truely appreciate that topic. I was more interested in things like what it means to be a human, non-romance emotions, and maybe nature stuff. Thanks for any help.

• James Mccallum (2/12/2010 1:27:00 PM) Post reply

looking for a Whitman poem. He observes a group of men trooping through the woods. He observes that the eldest is the best/ablest/most becoming of the group. He speaks about how he a natural leader and how the others defer to him. Thank you.

[Hata Bildir]