Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Sarah Pylkki (12/20/2008 3:33:00 PM) Post reply

i really really want to find a poem i read on a card in the airport about 7yrs. ago. I can only remember bits and pieces...

live, laugh, grow, grow old smile often, tell those you love that you do....

can anyone help me? ? its important!
    Thanks!

• Sabrina Sab (12/13/2008 11:07:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME IN MY PREJUDICES POEM? ? ?
    THERE IS IT:
    Do you think a woman can be tall and strong?
    Do you think a woman can................and.......?
    Do you think a woman can................and.......?

Do you think a man can be small and pretty?
    Do you think a man can..................and........?
    Do you think a man can..................and........?

Do you think the elderly people can...............?
    Do you think they............................?

Do you think young people can be young and wise?
    Do you think they..............................?

If you do, then you deserve.........................

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP IF YOU CAN ANSWER ME NOW PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... WE WILL BE FREINDS AND I PROMESS YOU THAT I WILL HELP YOU IF I WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT PLEASE I WAIT YOUR ANSWER BEFORE TOMORROW THANK YOU... I'M WAITING YOUR ANSWER...

• Mick O''neil (12/13/2008 12:57:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hi Everyone,
    A very touching poem comes to mind that I read in a daily newspaper a few years back, the author laments about growing old and yearns for his childhood back. I think it was lewis Carol or Kipling.If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (12/13/2008 8:09:00 PM) Post reply

I thought of this poem when I read your post, but it is by Elizabeth Akers Allen: Rock Me to Sleep BACKWARD, turn backward, O Time, in your flight, Make me a child again just for to-night ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Barbara Stevenson (12/5/2008 7:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My husband once had to recite a Chritmas poem at school that started 'The Palm Court lounge is snug and warm' does anyone know what this poem is and who by?
    Many thanks

• Norman Church (11/16/2009 1:53:00 PM) Post reply

Babara, I sse your message was in 2008. I wonder did you have any luck. I am searching for the same. All I can remember is: The palm court lounge is snug and warm, there's scotch on every table ... more

• Maan Maan (12/1/2008 2:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I want to know if there was such kind of poem: 'I know everything except myself' or if it was a quotation by Francois Villon. Please reply

• Laura Burns (12/2/2008 5:13:00 PM) Post reply

It is supposed to be from a poem by Villon: 'Autre Ballade.' But I can't find this line in any translation on the web and I do not read French very well, so can't really tell about it.

• Phillip Stamper (11/28/2008 12:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

this is a song and I can't remember who sings it. It goes, ' tomorrow, things wont be the same, tomorrow, life will be a different game, but right now I am with you and together we can make it thru, da da daa da da dada, forever, our love might have last, forever, we'll go too fast, but right now I am with you and together we can make it thru da da da dada dada da, we live in a world with carnivals and clowns and buildings to the sky that make us wonder why etc.. Anybody remember this?

• Dan R (11/27/2008 12:48:00 PM) Post reply

Hello all, I am looking for a poem about a true friend/soulmate. Not sure who it was written by but I first read it on a card around 1993. The description- Kind of long, not sappy and it describes the similarities, thoughts, and how two friends/soulmates are to each other. Describes how it is rare to have the such true closeness. Describes the way a soulmate is. Thanks in advance.

• Homen Thangjam (11/19/2008 4:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Can anybody help me find translated poems of Yannis Ritsos?

• Laura Burns (11/21/2008 8:23:00 PM) Post reply

Try this site: http: //thehollyandtheivy.blogspot.com/2007/11/meaning-of-simplicity-i-hide-behind.html

• Laura Burns (11/19/2008 5:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Translated - into English? Some are here: http: //www.mikis-theodorakis.net/epitxt_e.html

• Yonathan Feldman (11/16/2008 2:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello friends,
    I wonder where to find poems of Antonio de Nicolas. Great poems are not presented in our great site!

• Charmaine Sinclair (11/13/2008 5:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Good evening, or some other time greeting.
    Does anybody know of interesting poems about angels?

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]