Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Becky Roberts (10/2/2008 5:45:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem about October's days. The first verse goes like this:
    'October's days are nearly past, today's the day, it is the last. At this time it is Halloween, Ghosts and witches often seen.'
    Does anyone know where I can find this poem? It was in a large book of poems and rhymes that I bought my son in 1985 and I can't remember the name of the book. Another poem that was in the book was called Elli the Elephant. It started like this: 'Ellie the elephant blushed with shame, she had forgottne her name, her name.'

• John Horne (9/29/2008 2:49:00 PM) Post reply

I am searching for a poem in which a lady waits patiently at home for a lover to return, there is a bust of him on the mantlepiece and whilst all else is covered in dust there is none on the lips of the bust. A line may well be something like 'what lips unseen have kissed yon.....'

• Jody Redman (9/28/2008 3:45:00 PM) Post reply

I recited a poem when I was a kid and I think the name was the Animals' Masquerade but I cannot find it anywhere...I remember the first few phrases...any help would be appreciated..

The other night when the moon was big, I saw a possum wearing a wig. He hurried away in a minute or so and I followed along on tipee toe. We came to a place by the garden gate, I had never been there so late. To my surprise before my eyes there animals gathering of every size. They were having a ball by the light of moon while bullfrogs sang a strange sounding tune.

That is all I can remember...anyone please?

• Lil Smith (9/27/2008 6:55:00 PM) Post reply

Years ago I cut a poem out of a women's magazine... I know it's a long shot that anyone here will know of it, but here goes:

The poem was spoken by a woman who was observing some stray cats and kittens who were living in her garage. She was pondering what a hard life they were living, always concerned with survival. Then she noticed one of the kittens playing with a leaf. And this is the line I remember (paraphrasing except for the part in quotes, and believe me, I have searched for this phrase!) :

Given that the cats were having to scrounge for food and that they were always in danger from predators how could they still 'have the heart for play.'

I thought the title of the poem was 'Ghost Cats, ' but I've had no luck searching on that title either. Any help would be appreciated.

• Atousa Adhami (9/27/2008 1:34:00 AM) Post reply

I search for the text of a song which george michael as an american singer sang it.it has started with this words: I think you're still at home...(I guess)
    but I didn't find it
    plaese help me

• Albert Wong (9/26/2008 9:12:00 AM) Post reply

'Look for Your Love.' is proved you like it by:
    Poem: 13431588 - Look For Your Love.
    Member: C T Heart
    Comment: Dreaming of fairy tales, beautiful poem Albert.......a 10.

• Carol Pinkston (9/25/2008 10:44:00 PM) Post reply

I remember this one line from a poem from high school. 'Come back to me and I will make you happy with my smile'. Do you know what poem this is? Thank you!

• Sj Perelman (9/25/2008 4:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem - an older poem (perhaps... 'classic'?) - about a man who looked happy on the outside, greeted people in the street, and then went home and killed himself. I thought that the name 'Robert' was in the text, but maybe I'm wrong. All searches on that haven't turned up anything.
    Any ideas?

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (9/28/2008 5:30:00 PM) Post reply

I think the poem you are looking for is 'Richard Corey' by Edwin Arlington Robinson.

• Evana Margain (9/9/2008 6:29:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a large poem, I'm looking for a poem that lasts 3-5 minutes when reading it at a normal speed, i'm not asking for anything specific except its long and obviously it's good... thanks in advance

• Rose Bill (9/9/2008 2:58:00 AM) Post reply

Am looking for a poem that talks about having alot of friends and it goes on to narrow it down to one. Do anyone know the title or author... something please. Thank you in advance

[Hata Bildir]