Post more comments

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Sj Perelman (9/25/2008 4:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem - an older poem (perhaps... 'classic'?) - about a man who looked happy on the outside, greeted people in the street, and then went home and killed himself. I thought that the name 'Robert' was in the text, but maybe I'm wrong. All searches on that haven't turned up anything.
    Any ideas?

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (9/28/2008 5:30:00 PM) Post reply

I think the poem you are looking for is 'Richard Corey' by Edwin Arlington Robinson.

• Evana Margain (9/9/2008 6:29:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a large poem, I'm looking for a poem that lasts 3-5 minutes when reading it at a normal speed, i'm not asking for anything specific except its long and obviously it's good... thanks in advance

• Rose Bill (9/9/2008 2:58:00 AM) Post reply

Am looking for a poem that talks about having alot of friends and it goes on to narrow it down to one. Do anyone know the title or author... something please. Thank you in advance

• Bex Cht (9/6/2008 10:43:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem about standing outside at night in the dark under the stars in the snow where the end contains 'e=mc' and 'more beer'.
    I read it back in high school in english class so I suspect it is a relatively known author/poet though the line I remember is a bit sketchy.

• Dawn Mellen (9/5/2008 5:03:00 PM) Post reply

Help me find this fundraiser poem. I believe it is called 'No Ball at All'. It describes getting ready and being at a Ball having a great time. Yet it is imaginary. There is no actual ball for this fundraiser. The poem is a way to fundraise by sending a donation without having to attend an actual event.

Thanks for your help!

• Susan Siesco (9/4/2008 5:10:00 PM) Post reply

i'm looking for a poem about verbal abuse written by a woman the only part i remember is the end of it 'so remember when you start to yell that words hit just as hard as fists

• John Reynolds (9/3/2008 2:03:00 PM) Post reply

I am trying to find a poem heard once on poetry please some time ago about a ghost who haunts a house to scare new buyers away but they enjoy it so much he eventually disappears.

• Donald Ellis (9/2/2008 11:41:00 PM) Post reply

Hi,

This is a pretty random question, but any help is appreciated. I am not sure if I am looking for a poem or if it was a short story we studied, but the poem/story discussed the inevitability of death. In the poem/story the narrator is hanging from a vine/root and is slipping and waiting for him is death and he understands that no matter what he does eventually he will die.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am talking about. I thought it might be Tolstoy but I can't find it under his works, anything similar. Any help is appreciated.

• Sean Foxx (8/29/2008 3:38:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

does anyone know where I can get my hands on a free e-book version of the 'Epic of Gilgamesh'

• Beresford Greene (8/25/2008 2:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

When I was young my mother used to say a line something like this: -
    'For I have loved you/thee Senora, in my fashion.' More recently I think I heard this poem being read. Perhaps they said it was by a Welsh poet. The line fragment '... in my fashion.' kept repeating. The name 'Senora' or perhaps 'Seonora' was sometimes included in this reprise/refrain. Can anyone identify this poem for me. No searches have worked so far on this or other sites. In anticipation, I thank thee. BJG

• Laura Burns (8/25/2008 7:04:00 PM) Post reply

You have misheard the name 'Cynara' as the word Senora. The poem, by Ernest Dowson, is on this site: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/non-sum-qualis-eram-bonae-sub-regno-cynarae/

[Hata Bildir]