Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Bex Cht (9/6/2008 10:43:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem about standing outside at night in the dark under the stars in the snow where the end contains 'e=mc' and 'more beer'.
    I read it back in high school in english class so I suspect it is a relatively known author/poet though the line I remember is a bit sketchy.

• Dawn Mellen (9/5/2008 5:03:00 PM) Post reply

Help me find this fundraiser poem. I believe it is called 'No Ball at All'. It describes getting ready and being at a Ball having a great time. Yet it is imaginary. There is no actual ball for this fundraiser. The poem is a way to fundraise by sending a donation without having to attend an actual event.

Thanks for your help!

• Susan Siesco (9/4/2008 5:10:00 PM) Post reply

i'm looking for a poem about verbal abuse written by a woman the only part i remember is the end of it 'so remember when you start to yell that words hit just as hard as fists

• John Reynolds (9/3/2008 2:03:00 PM) Post reply

I am trying to find a poem heard once on poetry please some time ago about a ghost who haunts a house to scare new buyers away but they enjoy it so much he eventually disappears.

• Donald Ellis (9/2/2008 11:41:00 PM) Post reply

Hi,

This is a pretty random question, but any help is appreciated. I am not sure if I am looking for a poem or if it was a short story we studied, but the poem/story discussed the inevitability of death. In the poem/story the narrator is hanging from a vine/root and is slipping and waiting for him is death and he understands that no matter what he does eventually he will die.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am talking about. I thought it might be Tolstoy but I can't find it under his works, anything similar. Any help is appreciated.

• Sean Foxx (8/29/2008 3:38:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

does anyone know where I can get my hands on a free e-book version of the 'Epic of Gilgamesh'

Replies for this message:
  • Beresford Greene (8/25/2008 2:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

When I was young my mother used to say a line something like this: -
    'For I have loved you/thee Senora, in my fashion.' More recently I think I heard this poem being read. Perhaps they said it was by a Welsh poet. The line fragment '... in my fashion.' kept repeating. The name 'Senora' or perhaps 'Seonora' was sometimes included in this reprise/refrain. Can anyone identify this poem for me. No searches have worked so far on this or other sites. In anticipation, I thank thee. BJG

• Laura Burns (8/25/2008 7:04:00 PM) Post reply

You have misheard the name 'Cynara' as the word Senora. The poem, by Ernest Dowson, is on this site: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/non-sum-qualis-eram-bonae-sub-regno-cynarae/

• Michelle Bolitho (8/25/2008 4:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello everyone - my dad died recently and I am trying to find the full text of a poem he often used to quote - I have tried all the usual search options with no luck. The only words I know are

'Hide the pain, bury it deep, only the weak complain'.

All help appreciated.

• Laura Burns (8/25/2008 7:11:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Is this it? ' Never Admit The Pain ' Never admit the pain, Bury it deep; Only the weak complain, Complaint is cheap. Cover thy wound, fold down, Its curtained place; Silence is sti ... more

• Lehcaranne Lee (8/24/2008 9:19:00 PM) Post reply

Hi,

I am looking for a poem for my father's funeral. I can't remember the title of the poem...nor the entire text. But it was very touching and I would very much like to read it at his funeral.

The only things I remember about the poem, it had words listing:
    'I do not normally believe in miracles, but today I ask for just one'...something about a door opening and watch you walk through.

I know it's not much to go by...but I haven't had luck finding it on the internet. All your help is appreciated.

Thank you!

• Jessi Mulling (8/20/2008 9:36:00 AM) Post reply

Hey. I'm looking for a poem to have engraved for my mom on my wedding day. I've found some online, but they just aren't special enough. Anyone have any ideas? ?

[Hata Bildir]