Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Crystal Germadnig (3/11/2014 9:16:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Still Searching

I'm seeking a poem that I read maybe...10 years ago..i believe its fairly old but I can't recall for sure...its essentially listing things about the night that are more tempting and more alluring than the day and I think its asking that if the night is meant for rest and repose why make it more lovely than the day..I would greatly appreciate any information in regards to my so far futile hunt! Thank you so much =)

• Blanaid Briody (3/10/2014 11:49:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hello, I am looking for a poem by Darren Bgyn, A fathers hands it was on poem hunter site as poem of the week September 2013 or later. I would be very happy if I can get this poem as it really hit home for me. Please help.16

• Jade Thomson (3/9/2014 3:20:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Paint my cold ocean waves a calm coral pink
    head swelling like a hurricane
    melt like golden honey upon my lonely head
    waves crashing, and a lighthouse.
    This is all I can remember of a poem I found in a small, yellow poetry book about nine years ago. It was my favorite and I've thought about it for a long time. I would love to read this poem again, any help is appreciated!

• Susie Mclain (3/9/2014 12:12:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I just saw " The Intouchables" and am looking for the poem referenced by Guillaume Apollinaire. They used a line from it " I yearn as I await letters from you...." . My Grandfather used to read this to me and I cannot find the title, I just can't remember it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! Susie

• Wendy Tittsworth (3/7/2014 9:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I am looking for a poem. Written from the woman's perspective. It is about the time passing during her marriage. It sort of runs like this. " I picked up the dry cleaning while you did this." I dropped the kids at school while you built the treehouse " and the situations change as they age. While all of these ordinary things become like breathing and they lose what brought them together. Have searched everywhere. Would love some help finding this one! Thanks :)

• Danya Qattea (3/6/2014 6:42:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey, anyone and everyone on Poemhunter.com. I have to do a poem for english class. It's kinda a tournament. I've made it to the third round, but now I'm kinda stumped as to what to say for my poem. Please reply with an idea if you have one. THANKS! ! ! (Nothing too dark. Keep it light. Something funny.)

• Roger Costello (3/6/2014 2:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Loooking for a poem about three soldiers stood on a bridge holding back an entire army. Also a poem about a priest who changes his religion every time the countrys ruler changes. Also a poem about a guy who hogs all the grain and ends up being eaten by the rats.I think he was a Bishop?
    Regards
    R.C.

Replies for this message:
    • Thomas Vaughan Jones (3/9/2014 5:06:00 PM) Post reply Stage

How Horatio kept the Bridge A huge saga. http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_horatiuspoem.htm

• Laura Burns (3/6/2014 5:08:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Your poem about the guy eaten by rats is Robert Southey's " Bishop Hatto: A Legend of the Mouse-Tower on the Rhine."

• Lucinda Grey (3/6/2014 12:01:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello, Looking for a poem studied at school for GCE O'level (JMB/AQA) in 1978 UK
    It was about 2 creatures, one was fierce and one resembled a 'plastic bag'
    nothing else to go on
    Any help much appreciated
    Thanks
    Lucinda

• Clark Vandergriff (3/5/2014 6:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Looking for a poem first read in Jr. hi. school in early 60's. It was about a woman reflecting back on three boys in her young life and how they kissed her; one boy kissed her soft and tender, one boy kissed her more forceful and aggressively, but the last boy never kissed her at all and that is the kiss she has always wondered about.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (3/8/2014 9:13:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Sounds like the lyrics to the song " Joey" written by Herb Wiener: Jimmy kissed me in the springtime Tommy kissed me in the fall But I remember only Joey Joey kissed me not at all ... more

• Sloane Cameron (3/3/2014 11:04:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I am a forensics coach desperate to find the source material of 2 poems my competitors are using. They both compete at the state tournament in a month, and I am supposed to have proof of publishing in case the material is called into question.

The first is called " Sins of the Father." It is a poem about a woman named Joanna who was sexually abused by her father when she was young. When she finds out he is dying, she confronts him at his bedside and finds out that he was abused by his uncles when he was a child. We found this in our forensics materials already re-typed, so we have no idea of the author or the original publication.

The second is a slightly easier question. The poem is " The Subject Being Roses" by Linda Brown. We just aren't sure which book it is published in.

Any information would be appreciated!

[Hata Bildir]