Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • John Charlillo (1/26/2009 6:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for poems in the style of Richard Brautigan. Like 'We Stopped at Perfect Days' and 'Lions Are Growing.' Any suggestions?

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • C.d. Xiang (1/16/2009 5:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

In days of yore figuratively, I had seen a poem which commences with-
    'Death be not proud'
    or thereabouts.

I would like to acquaint myself with the name of this poetry and the poet who had wrote this cryptic one.Many thanks.

• Jason Minihane (1/21/2009 5:41:00 PM) Post reply

Death Be Not Proud - by John Donne www.poetry-online.org

• Laura Burns (1/16/2009 8:13:00 PM) Post reply

This poem by John Donne is on this site: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/death-be-not-proud/

• Rookie - 0 Points Nikia Chesney (1/12/2009 2:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I can't seem to find a poem titled 'A moment', by Mary E. Coleridge.
    I have part of it on my calender, and I'd like to know how the rest reads.

'The clouds had made a crimson crown,
    Above the mountains high.
    The stormy sun was going down,
    In a stormy sky.

Why did you let your eyes so rest on me,
    And hold your breath between?
    In all the ages this can never be,
    As if it had no been.'

• Rookie - 0 Points Tajma Hall (1/4/2009 9:30:00 PM) Post reply

some poem by an unknown poet from the time frame 1700 to 1900, from I'm not sure where from it goes like -there is this well and people like fish for light at the end of this well it is only like 4 or 5 lines long and the jest of the poem at the end of all the wishes of the well is hope or something to this nature. This is my very sought after favorite piece and I was hoping someone might have heard of this poem somehow(hoping) .

• Rookie - 0 Points Peter Clark (1/4/2009 3:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem by Stephen Dunn that is called 'California this is Minnesota Speaking.' For some reason it is not in any of his anthologies. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks,
    Pete

• Laura Burns (1/4/2009 5:33:00 PM) Post reply

According to a Google book search, this can be found in his 1976 book, Full of Lust and Good Usage. It can also be found in A Geography of Poets: An Anthology of the New Poetry by Edward Field.

• Rookie - 0 Points Tim Kevin (12/30/2008 11:38:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone help me with a poem by Arthur Waley, but not one of his Chinese ones...it is a grown up musing about old toys......lines *something like* 'what happens to old bicycles? Could a cricket bat be thrown away? '
    Thanks

• Laura Burns (12/30/2008 4:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

This is in his poem 'Song, ' not to be found on the Internet, but anthologized in The Secret History of the Mongols and Other Pieces and in Madly Singing in the Mountains: An Appreciation and Antholog ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points A C (12/29/2008 9:10:00 AM) Post reply

Trying to find a poem my husband quoted to me years ago. I can only remember one or two lines and even they may be inaccurate: 'On ______ station we said our goodbyes, the wind brought tears to our eyes....'

Thanks

Ali

• Rookie - 0 Points Brian Long (12/21/2008 10:41:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi guys,

Im looking for a poem. the details are sketchy but I believe it was by a poet called Barry in the early 1900's and maybe entitled Clouds. There is a reference in the poem to white fire or white dreams of you.

Any help would be appreciated

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie - 0 Points Sarah Pylkki (12/20/2008 3:33:00 PM) Post reply

i really really want to find a poem i read on a card in the airport about 7yrs. ago. I can only remember bits and pieces...

live, laugh, grow, grow old smile often, tell those you love that you do....

can anyone help me? ? its important!
    Thanks!

• Rookie - 0 Points Sabrina Sab (12/13/2008 11:07:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME IN MY PREJUDICES POEM? ? ?
    THERE IS IT:
    Do you think a woman can be tall and strong?
    Do you think a woman can................and.......?
    Do you think a woman can................and.......?

Do you think a man can be small and pretty?
    Do you think a man can..................and........?
    Do you think a man can..................and........?

Do you think the elderly people can...............?
    Do you think they............................?

Do you think young people can be young and wise?
    Do you think they..............................?

If you do, then you deserve.........................

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP IF YOU CAN ANSWER ME NOW PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... WE WILL BE FREINDS AND I PROMESS YOU THAT I WILL HELP YOU IF I WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT PLEASE I WAIT YOUR ANSWER BEFORE TOMORROW THANK YOU... I'M WAITING YOUR ANSWER...

[Hata Bildir]