Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Crystal Babcock (9/4/2007 8:08:00 PM) Post reply

I GRADUATED FROM CENTER FOR HEALING IN 2001, AND ON MY GRADUATION DAY SOMEONE READ A POEM TO ME. THE NAME OF THAT POEM WAS, GUARDIAN ANGEL. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME ON FINDING THIS CERTAIN POEM? IN THIS POEM, THE GUARDIAN ANGEL WAS NOT DOING SO WELL, IT SAIS SOMETHING ABOUT HOW HIS WINGS ARE ALL BATTERED AND TORN. THE ANGEL IS EXPLAINING TO THIS PERSON THAT HE WATCHES OVER, THAT HE CANNOT BARE TO MUCH MORE OF THE ABUSE THAT HE PUTS UP WITH WHILE WATCHING OVER THIS CERTAIN PERSON. THE PERSON FEELS AWFUL ABOUT ALL THE PAIN AND TORTURE THAT THE ANGELS BEEN PUTTING UP WITH. I REALLY NEED TO FIND THIS POEM.

• Penny Wade (9/2/2007 4:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem I believe is called'Augustus'...Augustus was a chubby lad, fat ruddy cheeks he had. Every one saw with joy the fat plump heathly boy. This is from my childhood and would love to know the Poem and poet. Thought it may have been Edward Lear? Please Help.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (9/25/2007 8:29:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is 'The Story of Augustus Who Would Not Have Any Soup' by Dr. Heinrich Hoffman.

• Stephen Digby (9/1/2007 2:14:00 AM) Post reply

How do I add poems to Judith Wright's collection?

• Karl Rommel (8/26/2007 5:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Where on the internet can I find:

Samuel Taylor Coleridge's 'The Ballad of the Dark Lady'?

Thanks in anticipation.

• Karl Rommel (9/1/2007 10:46:00 AM) Post reply

Found! If anyone knows of any good STC sites, glad to learn more.

• Janet Gillies (8/24/2007 3:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem entitled A Monkey, s Viewpoint. This was printed in an American magazine when I was a child, some years ago.

Three monkey, s sat in a coconut tree, discussing things as they, re said to be,
    Said on to the others, now listen you two there, s a certain rumour that can, t be true,
    That man descended from our noble race, the very idea, s a dire disgrace.

• Laura Burns (9/8/2007 8:28:00 PM) Post reply

Just do a Google search on 'That man descended from our noble race' and you will find multiple printings of this poem on the web, though no one attributes it to any author.

• V Nowo (8/14/2007 3:14:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem from my childhood. I can remember most of it.

When you were just a baby and I'd bounce you on my knee,
    I'd giggle and I'd ask you what you want to be.
    You said 'I am a cowboy! ' though you could barely talk,
    It's true you rode the horses before you learned to walk.

I think the name of the poem is 'Still my Little Boy'.

I cut it out of a horse magazine or paper when I was quite young in the mid to late 1970's and have always remembered it. Any help in finding it would be appreciated.

• Ivelina Valkanova (8/11/2007 1:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey, there

I am looking for a poem, which I heard in 'Four weddings and a funeral'.
    This poem was read by a guy at the funeral of his lover and started something like this: 'Stop all the clocks. Cut off the telephone...'
    If anyone can get me this poem, I'll really appreciate it.

• Tailor Bell (8/11/2007 7:43:00 PM) Post reply

W. H. Auden Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone, Silence the pianos and with muffled drum Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come. ... more

• Lois Engelsman-robins (8/11/2007 9:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The OLD poem I'm looking for is about someone who draws a circle around himself to shut everyone out but then they draw a bigger circle around his circle to take him in. The lines include 'he drew a circle to keep us out, but love and I had the wit to win, we drew a circle that took him in.' Or something like that. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Kathy Ballard (8/5/2007 5:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

This line comes from a poem, song, or play. My mom used to say it to me every Christmas Eve. I would love to find the entire work! Here goes: It's Christmas Eve Miltilda Sue so you must sit right here. Tomorrow you will be all new, you will my dolly dear. I have written a note to Santa....
    I don't remember any more, but please let me know if anyone has heard of these lines before. Thanks

• Tammy Sparks (3/23/2012 11:41:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, I hope you get hie reply, as it has been over 4 years since you posted this. My grandmother, too used to say this poem and even at 98 years old she still had most of it memorized. We shou ... more

• Gill Baxter (8/4/2007 10:57:00 AM) Post reply

Hi I am looking for a reading or poem for a wedding, the subject is creativity. I am a friend of the bride and will be reading this as part of the non religious service. I would be grateful for any ideas, not sure how long the reading should be but don't want it to be more than 2-3 minutes.

[Hata Bildir]