Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Roy Reed (1/25/2008 10:31:00 AM) Post reply

Please help. This poem is all over the web, but I'd like to find it in print.

It has been attributed to Anonymous but I've also seen reference to it being found in a magazine, written by a girl named Brooke A. Morris.

Can someone tell me the definitive author, and if you know where I can find it in print?

FEARLESS

More afraid of not flying
    than of falling

More afraid to hide away my feelings
    than of bawling

More afraid to sit in silence
    than to speak up for myself

More afraid to sit back and watch
    than to stick up for someone else

More afraid to close my mind
    than to open my eyes and see...

More afraid of not living
    Than of dying

Thanks.

• Yohanna Lewis (1/22/2008 6:04:00 PM) Post reply

Hi. Um..... Iam doing a school assingment and i need the poem ' If you could wear my sneakers' By: Sheree Fitch

• Andy Pietrasik (1/22/2008 9:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Apologies in advance if this lowers the tone of your discussions to doggerel, but I'm searching for a children's poem my mum used to read to me 40 years ago, which I'd like to share with my three-year-old. I've failed to find it on any search engines, so this is my final stab. Does anyone knows the rest of it from these first lines. Many thanks...

Melanie mouse lived in a house at the bottom of the stairs, and every night with sheer delight (that's all I can remember)

Replies for this message:
    • Marcie Wyatt (1/24/2008 3:02:00 PM) Post reply

This sounds like a children's book, not a poem - Melanie Mouse's Moving Day by Cyndy Szekeres

• Olivia G (1/21/2008 7:42:00 PM) Post reply

HI.
    im doing a school project.
    and i need a few poems with figurative diction. and one or two with literal diction.
    any help?

• Patricia Chastain (1/20/2008 9:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

does any one know the poem 'trees' it starts, I think that i shall never see a poem as lovly as a tree.if any one knows this poem please e-mail me, at nd6274@webtv.net

• Tracy Horner (1/27/2008 4:44:00 PM) Post reply

I have found this poem in: 'The Best Loved Poems of the American People' printed by Doubleday. It is in the 'Nature' section, page 561. Author is Joyce Kilmer, and is as follows: TREES (For Mrs. Hen ... more

• Tony Milne (1/20/2008 11:21:00 AM) Post reply

Greetings all,

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me - I'm looking for a poem, (a gem that I found in a textbook when I was busy at the back of my English class not paying attention,) called 'Eugenisis' by William McIlanney. I've scowered the interwebs but I've had no luck in locating it. Any help would be appreciated.

- T

• Tammy Major (1/18/2008 10:45:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that I believe is called 'One Less at Home.' I read it at a funeral for my GOdparent's son & was trying to find it for my husband's great-grandmothers funeral. It was long & very meaningful. I had to stop a few times b/c I was crying. Can anyone help?

• Laura Burns (1/18/2008 8:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Is this it? One less at home! The charmed circle broken-a dear face, Missed day by day from its usual place, But cleansed, saved, perfected by grace, One more in heaven! One less on ea ... more

• Deb Heske (1/17/2008 5:15:00 PM) Post reply

Hope you all can help.
    really desperate to find a poem i once read in Daisy Goodwins column(now scrapped) for YOU magazine supplement in the mail on sunday.
    I cant remember any specifics, but the gist was about trying to look on the poitive side of things. That life sometimes turns out ok. That unknown circumstance may just turn out to be fine and that worrying about how things will go wont change the outcomes.Im sure it might have had a line in about a knock on a door, a stranger and a child that was once lost? ? ?

HELP! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• Robert Raymond (1/15/2008 6:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I'm new and don't know how to add a poem, but I can't find 'The Sheaves' by EA Robinson. Maybe I'm mistaken about the title or author.

• Robert Raymond (1/18/2008 8:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thanks! ! Can this get added to the PoemHunter data base? Is that appropriate?

• Laura Burns (1/16/2008 4:23:00 PM) Post reply

You are not mistaken. Here is one place you can find the poem: http: //kirbymtn.blogspot.com/2005/11/sheaves.html

• Sinead Rooney (1/12/2008 7:26:00 AM) Post reply

I am making a scrapbook for my niecess 18th bithday, and i was looking for a poem to use as a cover note- she is very jolly, full of life and i would like a poem to reflect her personality but not too 'deep'...can any one help? ?

thanks
    Sinead

[Hata Bildir]