Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Margaret Haig Margaret Haig Female, 60, Australia (10/30/2012 5:43:00 AM)

I would like someone to explain what haiku and free potrey is and what type is called when 2lines rhyme, then the next 2 lines rhyme, and also where every 2nd line rhymes and every 1and 3rd line rhyme lines. I'm looking for a poem that not sure of the writer, but it was something like the words my mother told me, about a child beng told in the early 30s. Things a child needed to know. And I would love to write children's short stories,
Where it's animals telling stories, or the little dog private detective. Which I wrote 4yrs ago. And was wondering if any free competitions for writers.
Meg(Margaret Haig)

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Laura Burns (10/30/2012 11:09:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Haiku is a 17-syllable poem, in three lines, usually containing a nature reference. Free verse does not contain rhyme (in English) , except sometimes sporadically, nor have a consistent meter. The rhyme schemes you refer to are called an aa-bb rhyme scheme and an ab-ab rhyme scheme, respectively.

[Hata Bildir]