Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Brigit Murray Australia (2/17/2013 12:55:00 AM)

I am looking for 2 poems actually. One I heard at an Eisteddfod a couple of years ago. Unfortunately there is not much that I know about it other than most (or all) of the words started with 'W'. It made sense and in fact was quite witty (excuse the pun) . I also have a feeling (but don't quote me) it was written by a famous poet.

I haven't actually heard the second poem that I am looking for, but wondered if someone may be of assistance. I am after a lyric poem about Irish fairies. Does anyone know if such a poem exists?

Thank you very much for any light you may shed. These are for my daughter who is studying for speech exams and performing arts competitions.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Brigit Murray (2/17/2013 1:58:00 AM) Post reply

Also looking for another poem I heard during a documentary about autism some 5 or 6 years ago. It started with something similar to " Mother's, never tie your child's hair with a green ribbon..." It warned how doing so would attract the fairies who steel human children and replace them with 'changelings.' These changelings were often just shells that resembled the stolen children. That is the gist of the poem. I know it is not The Stolen Child by W.B. Yeats or The Changeling's Lament by Shira Lipkin. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

[Hata Bildir]