Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Freeform Workshop

Post a message
  • kyle. (12/22/2009 6:43:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

'The Same Damn Day'

I'm praying so fervently
    That my life is beginning to ache
    Due to a build up of lactic acid
    In my faith.
    When is metamorphisis?
    How long til a change comes?
    Give me reasons to panic,
    To cry,
    To cherish,
    To feel.
    Stars don't leave bed til morning's light:
    Magnify the swelter of a sunny day.
    Validate me.
    Fascinate me.
    Incinerate me!
    I'm weary of the same sheets and pillows
    That I die in every night anyhow.
    I don't want to drink from 'my' coffee mug in the morning
    After a shower with the same damn shampoo and conditioner again.
    I need to die, but I need to live!
    I want to live to see another day,
    But I don't want to live in yet another day.
    I have before given birth
    To a new day, not tomorrow,
    But to a new day
    Where I was happy
    And new,
    But only dreaming...

Kyle S. Hamp

Replies for this message:
  • Alexandra Reiss (12/21/2009 8:19:00 PM) Post reply

I, an unruly reincarnation whim, would love feedback on my poetry. You scratch... er... read mine, I'll read yours!

• Elvira Gasser (11/24/2009 7:38:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, I'm new here, I write poems in spanish and english, but I never had anyone to share them with, I'm hoping I can do so here, and I would love for you guys to let me know if they are any good or not, thank you

• R.a. Cead (11/9/2009 10:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I an aspiring poet always needs to be criticized so if you may please do take a look at my poems.

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Amandamae =) (11/6/2009 8:10:00 AM) Post reply

I comment on poems. So if you would like to know what i think about one of your poems then send me the title. I'll read it and comment. Im on Monday-Friday from 9-11am. This is in the United States. Eastern standard time. A few things to remember though... I enjoy reading poems that rhyme, it's like candy to my mind. ALSO, dont't forget, a good poet takes criticism into consideration.

• Amandamae =) (11/5/2009 12:09:00 PM) Post reply

I comment on poems. So if you would like to know what i think about one of your poems then send me the title. I'll read it and comment. A few things to remember though... I enjoy reading poems that rhyme, it's like candy to my mind. ALSO, dont't forget, a good poet takes criticism into consideration.

• Angel OfGod (10/21/2009 5:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Free Form is an oxymoron. How can something be expressed freely if it has to have a particular form. The definition of Form is: the manner or style of arranging and coordinating parts for a pleasing or effective result. So in fact the verses at least need to be arranged so that they are pleasing. And Free: exempt or released from something specified that controls or restrains. So How can I be released to freely write my poetry if I have to do it in a manner or style that has effective and pleasing results? What if my intention is to rake my fingernail down some ones chalk board, which is how I write only with rhythm and rhyme, then I can’t call it Free Form? I will call it Free Verse instead.

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Dakota Stone (10/18/2009 12:07:00 PM) Post reply

umm.... hey im all new to this sight and i would like to invite people
    to come read my poetry i have had a few people read them and i would love for more people to read them so i can get oppinions on what i should do better or what i should not do thank you i hope all of you have a wonderful day
    sincerly your friend,
    dakota lee

• Bullion Grey (10/17/2009 6:49:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Free Form...isn't that what is the basis for the whole reality we think we observe? A complete, without reasons presented, whole does it all, FREE - of no cost, (How do we pay for anything like the fish in the deep, or creatures roaming?) , form - within set designs or precepts that are followed, form that no one individual can say for certain why form is a guide....ahh but we speak of the pen and paper. It is here where the freedom of form mixes and mingles, drawing from all, missing nothing, as the ideas present themselve's as living forms of what we call literature, or poetry....that sometime gather in a form that seems free of rule or boundry, or lines of limitations. FREE FORM.
    Where is the Form to write in the Free?
    What are the Free?
    Why even inquire?
    Bless our pens and papers that they don't stop with their understanding that surpasses our complete understanding, bless the individual who lets the inkling of thought, feeling and emotions to emote in the sight of others, who they themselve's await this 'literature'.

• Terri Turrell (11/9/2009 11:40:00 AM) Post reply

The term free in free form depicts the ability of the form to bend. therefor it is a bending form. some forms don't bend. like the triolet or the septolet. some forms dont bend but are lenient..they a ... more

• James Timothy Jarrett (10/14/2009 7:16:00 PM) Post reply

Beat the plowshare

Pound the drum

Of war to come

Rhythm on steel

Red from the forge

Forms the sword

To carry to war

The sledge makes beat

On thinning edge

As it pounds

pounds