Treasure Island

Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Post a message
  • Business Hippie (11/12/2008 9:35:00 AM) Post reply Stage

please spare a few minutes to comment on one of my poems, feedback would be really appreciated. I'll make sure to return the favour.
    Thank you :)

• Sam Byron (11/6/2008 8:45:00 AM) Post reply Stage

please read and comment on some of my poems I NEED FEEDBACK

• Kaspa Richards (11/3/2008 7:37:00 PM) Post reply Stage

hi all dear poets if u could spare some of your precious time and read my poem 'release into peace' i would be very gratefull and be happy to comment on your work thank you for your time

• Krista Churchill (11/2/2008 1:17:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Anyone who wants to read a good poet please read April Breeland

• April Breeland (10/29/2008 9:21:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Anyone who likes Rythm and Rythem read Ryan Thompson he is very good! ! !

• Dr Kamran Haider (10/27/2008 11:31:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I think a train of thought can be rhythmic itself, so we shouldn't over exert on rhyming as it loses the true essence of a poem... Having said that many masters have crafted such masterpiece poems that have everything what is required technically and nothing is lost…

I am not a master just a learner… so if any one would please read few of my poems and guide me to get better in this learning process…

Regards,

Kamran

• Albert Wong (10/25/2008 8:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Do you think rhymes are important in a poem? I think they are, but sometimes they are not too easy to find the right words, so I think to keep a poem nature is important too. Our original ideas might be destroyed if fill in some meaningless words.

Replies for this message:
    • Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black (10/26/2008 6:22:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I agree with you Albert.It's very difficult to keep rhymes going even with a rhyming dictionary.I've written some semi-lyrical poems including THE BUGS OFNATURES ECONOMIC PICTURE but I feel the words ... more

• Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black (10/23/2008 7:59:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Normally I write traditional verse following established rules but I invite you to read and rate my experimental poem The Bugs of Nature's Economic Picture and I thank you for taking the time to comment.

• bernadette Nolan (10/20/2008 2:29:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi, I am new to PoemHunter. I am pretty much a beginner. I have written 4 poems. I would appreciate some constructive criticism especially on 'The Forbidden Well'. Thanks

• Dream Weaver (10/18/2008 4:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I thought I'd try something a little different to my usual stuff, so I'm putting in some narrative poems to see how they go. Hope you like them.

D W

Replies for this message:
    • Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black (10/19/2008 2:41:00 PM) Post reply Stage

You write very beautiful and imaginative poetry.I absolutely love them.Your poetry gems are a very rare treat and very enjoyable.Thank you for sharing your poetic voice and vision.

[Hata Bildir]