• Rookie Egi David Perdana (10/7/2008 3:17:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

http: //poemhunter.com/egi-david-perdana-lyricist-poet/

please comment my poems and I will comment you poems

• Rookie Martin Swords (10/2/2008 10:34:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi R&R Workshoppers Most of what I write does not follow strict

traditional formats, I tend to focus on imagery, word creation,

and internal Rhythm and movement within the text.

However one of my poems - 'It's Better With the Good Eye ' - is a

Villanelle, and I was very happy with how it worked, although I found writing

strict rules was difficult. I don't like strict forms, sonnets etc. easy, and

feel that image and wonder suffer at the hand of form.

All the more respect therefore to Shakespeare and the others who succeeded.

All comments welcome.

Thank You All.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Tulsi Hanumanthu (10/4/2008 4:53:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I disagree with your statement that 'image and wonder suffer at the hand of form' A true poet is he who DOES NOT LET image and wonder suffer at the hand of form. Content sans Form is as bad as Form s ... more

• Rookie Albert Wong (10/1/2008 1:35:00 PM) Post reply

Someone said poems don't need rhymes, yes that right? That means only Lyrics and sonnet etc..need rhymes, because they are for singing, nevertheless the poems for simple reading, memo in the souls.  C h o w i n g   i n   y o u r   h e a r t 。

• Veteran Poet - 4,978 Points Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black (9/27/2008 3:11:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi everyone.I recently won the name the title contest sponsored by Trade Martin and I just got my B.B.King Tibute CD. The title is Dark Light, Inside Out for Trade Martin's poem.Yesterday I submitted my narrative romance lyrical poem The Poet and the Musician on PoemHunter.Let me know what you think about my poetry.Thanks.

• Veteran Poet - 4,978 Points Trade Martin (9/28/2008 3:46:00 PM) Post reply

It's very well done Lorraine...., everyone should try their best to read it....! ! ! Regards, Trade.

• Veteran Poet - 4,978 Points Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black (9/21/2008 5:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Almost all of my poetry-life I have written traditional verse following the guidlines of the traditionalists originators.I put alot of work in my poetry as these lines do not pour out of me in refined finished form.I write about anything that catches my Muse's fancy and I hope to inspire you when you read my poems.The two great things that mark a real poet is to inspire some else to write creatively and to make someone say 'I wish I had written that poem'.Best wishes to all who like to write in the lyrical style.

• Veteran Poet - 4,978 Points Tulsi Hanumanthu (9/26/2008 2:06:00 AM) Post reply

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Let me add: POESY'S PARENTS (A Tanka) CONTENT can't conceive POETRY all by herself, Being a maiden. She therefore must marry FORM To beget POEM offspring ... more

• Rookie Albert Wong (9/17/2008 9:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What are the importance and the points on the sentences?

Would you tell me any hints on the Rhythm? What that mean on them? Are there in each sentence needs jumping sound like a horse? I need the opinion and hints about this topic.

• Rookie William Luo (9/13/2008 7:12:00 PM) Post reply

i love rhyming in my poems, its my favorite factor to make a dull page meaningful. check out my page and poems and leave some comments ^^

• Rookie - 3 Points Emily Oldham (9/10/2008 2:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hi could you comment on my poems 'Hell' and 'Do you believe? ' please, because I'd like to know whether it's worth entering them in a competion.
    Comments on my other poems would obviously also be very nice. Thanks!
    Athena :)

• Rookie - 3 Points Tulsi Hanumanthu (9/26/2008 2:33:00 AM) Post reply

Bravo Baby! Keep on writing and RISING! 46 poems at the age of 12, and each one a GEM! Unbelievable. I've read some of your poems and have given TEN points each.

• Rookie - 3 Points Albert Wong (9/20/2008 10:35:00 PM) Post reply

O.K. I go to your site at once, you are a little kid? Who teaches you to write poems, your teacher or families. I'm going now.

• Rookie Greenwolfe 1962 (9/4/2008 12:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello everyone. My name is Greenwolfe 1962. This is the first time that
    I have ever come to this workshop for obvious reasons. I am a very busy person these days and I don't have time to help everyone who asks me to help
    them one on one. Therefore, I decided to put up this posting for those of
    you who are here. I thought that if I just came here and answered a few
    questions from time to time, that I could help more people more efficiently.
    So, my question is this for everyone here who would like to comment.
    I would like you to tell me whether you think I should come here from time to
    time to answer your questions. If you don't think I should or that I have no business here then say so.I'm not going to waste my time in a place I should not be. I leave this entirely up to those of you who respond to this posting. I will return in about two weeks to read your comments and come
    to a decision. If it is yes, then I will visit this forum once a week to
    answer the questions you posted. Thank you for your attention.

Greenwolfe 1962

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (9/24/2008 3:02:00 AM) Post reply

Thank you Greenwolfe but I try to answer all of my questions myself. Most of my questions are good and my answers match them. H

• Rookie Mamta Agarwal (8/24/2008 12:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

at times i wonder, whether poetry is spontaneous expression of feelings or we should follow the classical structural forms for writing more effectively. free verse is more in vogue these days.i have expressed tis in my poem Poems and POETRY.

• Rookie Tulsi Hanumanthu (9/27/2008 2:19:00 AM) Post reply

I hope this will help get you out of your dilemma: POESY'S PARENTS (A Tanka) CONTENT can't conceive Poetry all by itself, Being a maiden. She should therefore marry FORM To beget POEM off ... more

[Hata Bildir]