Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in traditional forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Dean Robinson United States (12/29/2004 12:24:00 PM)

I am a Christian and a Holy Spirit filled poet. I have been writing poems for ten years.(I am an Electrical Engineer turned poet) . I write classical poems and agree with your message. I have not received any training in writing poems. My goal is to write a book for my 11 children, so when I go to be with the Lord, they will have something from me to help their faith journey. My church has posted many of my poems on their website. I am also interested in getting training, but with my job and family, it is difficult to find time. Your thoughts would be appreciated. God bless you and your work.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Freshman - 1,325 Points Dr. A.celestine Raj Manohar Md (1/20/2005 3:22:00 PM) Post reply

Dear Robinson,
    Actually, time is never a hurdle to writing poetry.Most of my poetry is by inspiration and I am an autodidact.I've believe strongly that Poetry is one thing that comes to minds and hearts who love to use words in their many nuances and follow some kind of set rules regarding form, on various themes and produce a word-painting.poetry improves when you put your heart and soul in the exercise and practise it often.The inspired moment is ideal and poem so born is rapid and excellent in all aspects.If you want to write on christian themes, the Bible or earlier knowledge of the same is enough.take one or two important words or lines that strike your mind and work it up into a good poem just like how a glass-blower 'blows his breath by finesse into a piece of molten glass and creates a piece of exquisite beauty'! WIth time, your poetry will tend towards perfection.Thank you for your good comments and God bless you.divine poetry will be certainly inspired by God as Poetry is a gift of God!

[Hata Bildir]