Treasure Island

Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in traditional forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Untitiled and unnamed Male, 40, United Kingdom (6/24/2006 5:22:00 PM)

JEFFERSON CARTER.........

Why do you seem so abusive to others work? ? ?

At the end of the day people post there work on here to read and maybe hope others can connect with, as most people I have come across write about there own troubles and strife’s,

So why bitch about the poems that rhyme and them that do not? ? As I am new to this type of writing, why not let it be up to the individual whether or not he/she writes contemporary or lets it rhyme, at the end of the day who are you to say what we should write? ? ?

I’m sorry mate but I really dislike what you have posted, I think you should keep your views to yourself and if you don’t like what others post then my advice is not to read it? ? ? ? Simple…

Enough said...

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Untitiled and unnamed (6/27/2006 3:59:00 PM) Post reply

Jefferson Carter…

1st of all I feel as though I need to apologize ref my first post to you, as I think that I came on a bit strong and had no right to do so.. After all who am I to come barging onto this site throwing my views around like a teenager, so for that I am sorry…

I think that the reason I write rhyme is because it seemed to be drummed into me (back when I was in school) that poetry was to rhyme and that was that. I’m now 31 years of age, didn’t leave school with any major qualifications, but find myself with a desire to write, or at the very least, to “play with words” and so I find myself here, experimenting with words, phrases, and the like, but because (for one reason or another) you could write my list of friends on the back of a stamp, I find I have no one to view my work and pass comment so, this is why I post to this site, looking for constructive comments from people who have been writing poetry for a lot longer than I have and maybe there comments or advice will aid me in writing something worth while…One day…

I am though going to try and get around to read a lot of other peoples work (yourself included) and try and expand my limited knowledge of poetry, and hell maybe even try and write some contemporary work someday soon…

I thank you for your time, and thanks…

Lee

• Pali Tripathi (6/26/2006 12:29:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, i totally get what u mean, but from another point of view, if one can take Jeff's views as a feedback, and then accept it or discount it based on its utility, it would be a more constructive approach :)

[Hata Bildir]