Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in traditional forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Ernestine Northover Ernestine Northover Female, 71, United Kingdom (6/19/2007 3:39:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

It used to be Rosie, but now people use it to flog their own poems, which is very boring. They put them on all the Forums, whether or not they are the correct type of thing for that Forum. I tried once to get this one working as a proper info place again, but somehow it didn't seem to happen. I feel sometimes the people who post on here only want to saturate the place with their own importance. Your's is a good question, but I don't have an answer to it, as we need some intelligent beings to put forward intelligent ideas, and like your question come up with something positive. I wish they would use the Forums as they were intended to be used, because if they continue as they are no one will bother to log in to them.
All the best.
Nice to have met you.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 14 Points Josie Whitehead (6/20/2007 3:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Dear Ernestine - Hello. How kind of you to post some messages to my poems - and so complimentary. Thank you so much. You tell me that you like my poetry, so why not read it on my website: http: //www.whiteheadm.co.uk/html/josies_poetry.htm I've written a lot of poems with rhyme and rhythm. Write to me via my Email address.

A good way to start up the rhythm and rhyme workshop is perhaps to start off a rhyming poem, and invite people to write the second line etc. I would be happy to start off a poem if I thought anyone would be interested, or we could do it between ourselves.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 14 Points Ernestine Northover (6/20/2007 7:54:00 AM) Post reply

Could be a good idea, as long as people didn't get stupid about it. I remember sometime ago posting a poem like this which was written by the people of Derbyshire, about their County. It was absolutel ... more

[Hata Bildir]